Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • Of course he would have been a non-starter... he was in the concussion protocall...

  • Of course he would have been a non-starter... he was in the concussion protocall...

    @poeticg said:

    Of course he would have been a non-starter... he was in the concussion protocall...

    I'd like my quarterback to show up to mandatory team meetings.

  • If? Not "Since?"

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If? Not "Since?"

    WSS

    If he didnt go to vegas, it would be beneficial for the Browns to say that. But theyre not.

    @mark-o said:

    I'd like my quarterback to show up to mandatory team meetings.

    I'd like him to show up period.

  • @westside-steve said:

    If? Not "Since?"

    WSS

    If he didnt go to vegas, it would be beneficial for the Browns to say that. But theyre not.

    @mark-o said:

    I'd like my quarterback to show up to mandatory team meetings.

    I'd like him to show up period.

    @manzier said:

    If he didnt go to vegas, it would be beneficial for the Browns to say that. But theyre not.

    I'd like him to show up period.

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

  • @manzier said:

    If he didnt go to vegas, it would be beneficial for the Browns to say that. But theyre not.

    I'd like him to show up period.

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    I don't care if he was there or not. I care more about him not showing up Sunday morning like he's supposed to and no one from the team hearing from him all day long. Careless and irresponsible from the guy who's supposed to be the face of the franchise. I don't think there's any question we're moving on from him.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    I don't care if he was there or not. I care more about him not showing up Sunday morning like he's supposed to and no one from the team hearing from him all day long. Careless and irresponsible from the guy who's supposed to be the face of the franchise. I don't think there's any question we're moving on from him.

    @mark-o said:

    I don't care if he was there or not. I care more about him not showing up Sunday morning like he's supposed to and no one from the team hearing from him all day long. Careless and irresponsible from the guy who's supposed to be the face of the franchise. I don't think there's any question we're moving on from him.

    I don't think so either. I just wish I knew what was going on, as opposed to some others.

    WSS

  • And like I said I'd like to know what happened on that Wednesday morning.

    WSS

  • @manzier said:

    If he didnt go to vegas, it would be beneficial for the Browns to say that. But theyre not.

    I'd like him to show up period.

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    Im just guessing, but Hue wasnt here then and probably doesnt want to say or comment on JFF or what happened in the past. And, as we both agree, it doesnt benefit the Browns to confirm it because they might still think they can get something for him. The less they say or admit the better. Dont think we will ever know the truth about that morning either. Unless another player comes out with it. Pretty certain the Browns will never say.

    My question would be if Hue knows JFF wasnt in Vegas, why wouldnt he just say that when asked?

  • Will we ever know for sure since we are dealing with a master of disguise?

    And ultimately who Hue "puts up with" will be up to Sashi...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Exactly.

    Actually on both counts.

    But

    I'm just wondering why there is a question about whether he was there or not.

    I mean I understand that TMZ etc run on innuendo but still.

    WSS

    Im just guessing, but Hue wasnt here then and probably doesnt want to say or comment on JFF or what happened in the past. And, as we both agree, it doesnt benefit the Browns to confirm it because they might still think they can get something for him. The less they say or admit the better. Dont think we will ever know the truth about that morning either. Unless another player comes out with it. Pretty certain the Browns will never say.

    My question would be if Hue knows JFF wasnt in Vegas, why wouldnt he just say that when asked?

    @manzier said:

    Im just guessing, but Hue wasnt here then and probably doesnt want to say or comment on JFF or what happened in the past. And, as we both agree, it doesnt benefit the Browns to confirm it because they might still think they can get something for him. The less they say or admit the better. Dont think we will ever know the truth about that morning either. Unless another player comes out with it. Pretty certain the Browns will never say.

    My question would be if Hue knows JFF wasnt in Vegas, why wouldnt he just say that when asked?

    Wouldn't look good for the Browns if they did sit him down for being drunk and claim a concussion.

    But now that he's fired we know who would be the perfect scapegoat.

    (ya suppose there's a gag order in place?)

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well if that little insult was aimed me tex, well...[ insert vulgar remark here]

    $10 says Ag aimed that at himself and you've gotten way too sensitive over Johnny...

    Ag,

    Back me up and I'll cut you in for half...

    @tour2ma said:

    $10 says Ag aimed that at himself and you've gotten way too sensitive over Johnny...

    Ag,

    Back me up and I'll cut you in for half...

    LOL! It was a double header so that'll be $2.50 apiece. 😆

  • I agree Steve. Pet might still have a job had he played JM more and spent less time worried about what he did off the field.

  • I agree Steve. Pet might still have a job had he played JM more and spent less time worried about what he did off the field.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Steve. Pet might still have a job had he played JM more and spent less time worried about what he did off the field.

    For a few reasons, in an alternate universe.

    A if in fact his attitude has been better had he been given a starting position earlier.

    B if he had continued to learn from on field mistakes and improve his play.

    C if there really was a conflict between the coach and the owner then:

    C1 if the team is more successful with Johnny the owner is happier, or

    C2 Johnny's play is obviously substandard and the owner sees that first hand.

    (how much worse could our record be?

    D by starting him he appears to be more valuable to the team and would have more trade value if that is the ultimate goal.

    So, as in directors cut or video games there might be alternative endings.

    A Mike Pettine keeps his job

    B the Cleveland Browns have a starting quarterback

    C some other team spends their first round pick on Jared Goff while the Cleveland Browns repair their defense.

    D Dallas coughs up a second round pick for Johnny

    E Mr Spock has a beard.

    WSS

  • With Manziel I *never* cared about the supposed partying, going to vegas, courtside seats, expired tag, etc...he's never done anything truly bad(or at least been caught for it), so stuff like him going to a party in austin on an off week is completely ok by me.

    My doubting Manziel(then and now) has always been about whether he can be good enough. Whether he has a fundamental skill set that would transfer to the nfl. I didnt think so when we drafted him, and I don't think so now.

    But I bet he's a pretty good guy, and I dont care if he goes out to clubs.....jesus. The big loser in all of this is Mike Pettine, who looked like a fool trying to be JMs babysitter. Good riddance to that loser. Everyday that he is not the head coach of our team is a good day.

  • The issue isn't going out and partying. It's missing mandatory team events, lying to coaches, doing cocaine in a bathroom?, and all of the negative attention. A starting QB who is swerving and speeding on the shoulder while leaving bruises on his girlfriend isn't a good look for the Cleveland Browns (or Johnny Manziel, for that matter).

    His skill set doesn't help either, though.

    His off-field stuff directly affects Johnny the person, Johnny the player, and the Browns negatively. I personally can't wait to shit can him.

  • @bbedward said:

    http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/01/17/johnny-manziel-spotted-fort-worth-liquor-store/78936116/

    There's been a Johnny sighting. Back to boozing in Texas.

    His girlfriend goes to school there. He bought some good tequila. We know he drinks, do they have to report every time he goes to liquor store now?

    Z

    --The only thing that would be news is if he were in Cleveland working out.

  • The issue isn't going out and partying. It's missing mandatory team events, lying to coaches, doing cocaine in a bathroom?, and all of the negative attention. A starting QB who is swerving and speeding on the shoulder while leaving bruises on his girlfriend isn't a good look for the Cleveland Browns (or Johnny Manziel, for that matter).

    His skill set doesn't help either, though.

    His off-field stuff directly affects Johnny the person, Johnny the player, and the Browns negatively. I personally can't wait to shit can him.

    @bbedward said:

    The issue isn't going out and partying. It's missing mandatory team events, lying to coaches, doing cocaine in a bathroom?, and all of the negative attention. A starting QB who is swerving and speeding on the shoulder while leaving bruises on his girlfriend isn't a good look for the Cleveland Browns (or Johnny Manziel, for that matter).

    His skill set doesn't help either, though.

    His off-field stuff directly affects Johnny the person, Johnny the player, and the Browns negatively. I personally can't wait to shit can him.

    but there is no evidence he did cocaine in a bathroom. There are so many assumptions that have to be made there(from the one pic about a year and a half ago or so) that there is no value in mentioning it. As for 'all the negative attention'....a lot of that is because the media reports these irrelevant/trivial things and then some of us(and others) talk about it and that counts as attention. That's not a problem for johnny imo. Like the very story above you linked....that's not a 'johnny problem'. That's more a problem for the reporters and outlets who decide to cover such a non-story to any degree. Silly to blame johnny for that.

    And yes, johnny has made a few mistakes with missing mandatory meetings and whatnot. But that's not the end of the world imo. And he certainly isn't the first person to be late to or miss a meeting.

    If Johnny's team meeting attendance were 100% and he was never late for anything, I'd still want to get rid of him because he doesn't have the ability to play qb in the nfl at a high level. But I never thought if he just stayed home every night and studied the playbook he would have the potential to be that. He didn't 'waste' something with these things.

    Ad for cutting or trading him, this is what he wants.

  • Cutting? Trading? We really have no idea what he wants. I haven't heard one single solitary quote from him saying he wanted to go to Dallas. Or anywhere else. Or anything else.

    That's why a bullshit non story like spotting him in a liquor store makes it to the Browns board.

    WSS

  • With Manziel I *never* cared about the supposed partying, going to vegas, courtside seats, expired tag, etc...he's never done anything truly bad(or at least been caught for it), so stuff like him going to a party in austin on an off week is completely ok by me.

    My doubting Manziel(then and now) has always been about whether he can be good enough. Whether he has a fundamental skill set that would transfer to the nfl. I didnt think so when we drafted him, and I don't think so now.

    But I bet he's a pretty good guy, and I dont care if he goes out to clubs.....jesus. The big loser in all of this is Mike Pettine, who looked like a fool trying to be JMs babysitter. Good riddance to that loser. Everyday that he is not the head coach of our team is a good day.

    Maybe "bullshit, Steve, but I did like this line:

    "'He was in a really good mood,' said Swinney, who said she waited on the former Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&M."

    @tacosman said:

    My doubting Manziel(then and now) has always been about whether he can be good enough. Whether he has a fundamental skill set that would transfer to the nfl. I didnt think so when we drafted him, and I don't think so now.

    How does your doubting square with your earliest pronouncements such as this, your 4th post:

    @tacosman said:

    I think JF will get at least 2 whole seasons to prove himself, but after one whole season it will be so clear he is the franchise qb that this conversation will all seem silly.

    Look Brandon weeden got a solid year and a half or so to stink, and weeden wasn't 22 years old, wasn't a heisman winner, etc.....

    I expect JF to play better next two weeks, but if he doesn't it's no big deal. This is HIS TEAM. For a LONG TIME.