Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • It's a manziel meltdown. I didn't hate him but I kinda hate him now after the Dallas police reporter just was on the bull and fox show reporting that he burst his girlfriend's ear drum hitting her. There's no scumbag worse than a scumbag who beats on people who can't fight back.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Remember, reports often do not get things right. It is highly possible that it was a mutual TPO that was granted.

    She needs to stay the fuck away from him as much as he needs to stay the fuck away from her....imo.

    Thats fine.

    But the guy that plays QB for the Browns. .. he needs help

    Her issues are irrelevant to me at this point.

    When I see the people closest to Johnny pleading for him get help ... I know that is exactly what he needs.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Thats fine.

    But the guy that plays QB for the Browns. .. he needs help

    Her issues are irrelevant to me at this point.

    When I see the people closest to Johnny pleading for him get help ... I know that is exactly what he needs.

    Z

    No, no argument there for sure. But you did get one thing wrong.....you meant "the guy that plays QB for no NFL team".

    Unless you are talking about Josh McCown, Austin Davis or Connor Shaw.

  • The case she laid out against him left little doubt as to his guilt in the matter.

  • Zombo said:

    Thats fine.

    But the guy that plays QB for the Browns. .. he needs help

    Her issues are irrelevant to me at this point.

    When I see the people closest to Johnny pleading for him get help ... I know that is exactly what he needs.

    Z

    No, no argument there for sure. But you did get one thing wrong.....you meant "the guy that plays QB for no NFL team".

    Unless you are talking about Josh McCown, Austin Davis or Connor Shaw.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, no argument there for sure. But you did get one thing wrong.....you meant "the guy that plays QB for no NFL team".

    Unless you are talking about Josh McCown, Austin Davis or Connor Shaw.

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

  • It's a manziel meltdown. I didn't hate him but I kinda hate him now after the Dallas police reporter just was on the bull and fox show reporting that he burst his girlfriend's ear drum hitting her. There's no scumbag worse than a scumbag who beats on people who can't fight back.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's a manziel meltdown. I didn't hate him but I kinda hate him now after the Dallas police reporter just was on the bull and fox show reporting that he burst his girlfriend's ear drum hitting her. There's no scumbag worse than a scumbag who beats on people who can't fight back.

    Again......I do not believe that the police believe that that happened.

    He would have fucking been arrested if that happened.

    I mean, what scenario on earth to you propose happened if he did that to her, but the police said "just go home" this investigation is over.

    There is none. He would be under arrest. He would be scheduled for an arraignment. He would have had to be bonded out.

    All the reporter is apparently doing is reporting what this woman made in her statement.......and the police apparently believe she is LYING.

    I mean, do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? NO police department in the USA would let him go if that happened. Not today. This isn't the 50s.

    Honestly, what really needs to happen is for a police spokesman to issue a statement explaining their actions. Explaining why they are bringing no charges.

  • I suppose you'll have to look up and listen to her interview yourself. I'm not just making shit up Gipper.

  • Rebecca Lopez/ bull and fox show

  • The case she laid out against him left little doubt as to his guilt in the matter.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The case she laid out against him left little doubt as to his guilt in the matter.

    Yea, and the police dropped it.

    Here is a little legal advice that you can pay me for later: SHE does NOT make a case. Prosecutors make cases. Police are witness. Victims are witnesses. They don't make cases. They testify.

    Do you not think that the prosecutors in Dallas and Ft. Worth were not consulted in a high profile matter such as this? The County Prosecutor(s) there would have had to OK the "no action" situation that occurred.

    They don't believe a word of this so called case that she laid out, apparently.

    Unless they decide to do a 180 on their decision.........and then Lucy, they got a lot of splainin' to do. They do anyway.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, no argument there for sure. But you did get one thing wrong.....you meant "the guy that plays QB for no NFL team".

    Unless you are talking about Josh McCown, Austin Davis or Connor Shaw.

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

    OK..... explain how that works.....and what would be done.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Remember, reports often do not get things right. It is highly possible that it was a mutual TPO that was granted.

    She needs to stay the fuck away from him as much as he needs to stay the fuck away from her....imo.

    Thats fine.

    But the guy that plays QB for the Browns. .. he needs help

    Her issues are irrelevant to me at this point.

    When I see the people closest to Johnny pleading for him get help ... I know that is exactly what he needs.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Thats fine.

    But the guy that plays QB for the Browns. .. he needs help

    Her issues are irrelevant to me at this point.

    When I see the people closest to Johnny pleading for him get help ... I know that is exactly what he needs.

    Z

    What I highlighted is, to me, the key. As I have made clear many times, I do NOT trust media reports (often one sided, always sensational). If there had been ANY physical evidence of Johnny striking her, he would have been arrested. The media has presented ONE side of that story & she is hardly a credible source. Forget that, he is a very troubled young man who needs help & I hope he gets it.

    Mike

  • I suppose you'll have to look up and listen to her interview yourself. I'm not just making shit up Gipper.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I suppose you'll have to look up and listen to her interview yourself. I'm not just making shit up Gipper.

    I am not debating that some person interviewed this chick and is reporting what she said.

    Newsflash: The Cleveland Browns just signed the great great grandson of Pancho Villa to play quarterback for them.

    I mean....you believe what I am saying, no? I just gave you the report on it. Do you deny my credibilty.

    When the police fucking arrest him for this shit.....then and only then am I going to put any credence into any of these so called reports.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    The case she laid out against him left little doubt as to his guilt in the matter.

    Yea, and the police dropped it.

    Here is a little legal advice that you can pay me for later: SHE does NOT make a case. Prosecutors make cases. Police are witness. Victims are witnesses. They don't make cases. They testify.

    Do you not think that the prosecutors in Dallas and Ft. Worth were not consulted in a high profile matter such as this? The County Prosecutor(s) there would have had to OK the "no action" situation that occurred.

    They don't believe a word of this so called case that she laid out, apparently.

    Unless they decide to do a 180 on their decision.........and then Lucy, they got a lot of splainin' to do. They do anyway.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, and the police dropped it.

    Here is a little legal advice that you can pay me for later: SHE does NOT make a case. Prosecutors make cases. Police are witness. Victims are witnesses. They don't make cases. They testify.

    Do you not think that the prosecutors in Dallas and Ft. Worth were not consulted in a high profile matter such as this? The County Prosecutor(s) there would have had to OK the "no action" situation that occurred.

    They don't believe a word of this so called case that she laid out, apparently.

    Unless they decide to do a 180 on their decision.........and then Lucy, they got a lot of splainin' to do. They do anyway.

    You're just arguing semantics as you're wont to do often. Yes she's not a lawyer. She's a reporter. And what she REPORTED about him left little doubt in my mind about his guilt in the matter.

  • Hmmm...Dallas reporter who's covered the Dallas police department for twenty years or retiree argumentative lawyer on internet? I'm going to go with the reporter in this case.

  • What a clusterfuck the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft is. Even when the organization is trying to move on they can't. No one could've predicted this shit but EVERYONE knew there were character questions and his abilities were a long shot for the NFL. All in all a typical first round pick by the Browns.

  • 22nd pick has been cursed since the weeden pick.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, and the police dropped it.

    Here is a little legal advice that you can pay me for later: SHE does NOT make a case. Prosecutors make cases. Police are witness. Victims are witnesses. They don't make cases. They testify.

    Do you not think that the prosecutors in Dallas and Ft. Worth were not consulted in a high profile matter such as this? The County Prosecutor(s) there would have had to OK the "no action" situation that occurred.

    They don't believe a word of this so called case that she laid out, apparently.

    Unless they decide to do a 180 on their decision.........and then Lucy, they got a lot of splainin' to do. They do anyway.

    You're just arguing semantics as you're wont to do often. Yes she's not a lawyer. She's a reporter. And what she REPORTED about him left little doubt in my mind about his guilt in the matter.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You're just arguing semantics as you're wont to do often. Yes she's not a lawyer. She's a reporter. And what she REPORTED about him left little doubt in my mind about his guilt in the matter.

    She reported on the statement that was made by the girlfriend. I am not saying she is not accurately reporting on that statement.

    But the police apparently don't believe that statement.

    When she reports that he has been arrested, When she reports that he has plead guilty or when she reports that he has been found guilty, then you have a story.

    Call us when she reports that story.

  • Hmmm...Dallas reporter who's covered the Dallas police department for twenty years or retiree argumentative lawyer on internet? I'm going to go with the reporter in this case.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Hmmm...Dallas reporter who's covered the Dallas police department for twenty years or retiree argumentative lawyer on internet? I'm going to go with the reporter in this case.

    I am going with the Dallas Ft. Worth county prosecutor in this case.

  • Ok so you're a lawyer right? If she won't press charges against him what do they have to go off of?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Hmmm...Dallas reporter who's covered the Dallas police department for twenty years or retiree argumentative lawyer on internet? I'm going to go with the reporter in this case.

    I am going with the Dallas Ft. Worth county prosecutor in this case.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am going with the Dallas Ft. Worth county prosecutor in this case.

    What if a Judge rules on it? Does that count? Here is what happened and it clearly isnt a "joint" order....

    A protective order was signed this week that prevents Johnny Manziel from seeing his ex-girlfriend for two years.

    The court documents obtained by News 8 state that the embattled quarterback must stay at least 500 feet from his ex-girlfriend’s home and place of work. He also owes $12,000 in legal fees.

    News 8 broke the news of an alleged domestic violence incident involving Manziel in Dallas on Jan. 29. His ex, Colleen Crowley, told police Manziel hit her and threatened to kill her.

    Crowley describes the night of Jan. 29 in an affidavit, stating she was “fearful for her life.”

    In her application for a protective order filed on Feb. 3, Crowley stated that Manziel was “likely to commit family violence against me if a protective order is not granted.”

    A Tarrant County judge signed the protective order the day it was filed.

    The order also prohibits Manziel from engaging in any more family violence and bars him from having a firearm or ammunition in his possession. Federal charges could be levied upon Manziel if he is found to be in possession of a firearm, the document states.

    The order is effective until Feb. 3, 2018. If Manziel violates the terms, he could face up to one year in jail and fines up to $4,000.

    Manziel is expected to be released by the Cleveland Browns in early March after a litany of off-the-field issues. Rumors have swirled that the former Heisman winner could be a Dallas Cowboy next season, but a high-ranking Cowboys official told WFAA Sports that the team will not pursue Manziel.

  • Ok so you're a lawyer right? If she won't press charges against him what do they have to go off of?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Ok so you're a lawyer right? If she won't press charges against him what do they have to go off of?

    They do not have to have her permission to file charges. Trust me I have been through it.

    They WILL arrest him if they believe they have grounds to do so.....and her opinion does not count for that.

    They can use whatever physical evidence and statements they have.

    IF they believed her statement, they could certainly use that. But they clearly think that statement is unreliable, or false.

    Even if they believed it, they may need her testimony to prove their case, but they can arrest without that.

    (this is what happened with Greg Hardy.....the victim refused to appear for the trial.