Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    @baconhound said:

    To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

  • If Manziel winds up a Cardinal I'll shit bricks.

  • I think we all agree the valet should have at least called the police and reported this when it happened. He told the girlfriend there was nothing he could do but he could at least have called 9-11 and reported to the police what the girlfriend had told him.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I think we all agree the valet should have at least called the police and reported this when it happened. He told the girlfriend there was nothing he could do but he could at least have called 9-11 and reported to the police what the girlfriend had told him.

    Seems likely "the valet" had the keys and/or had to get the car. It's kinda what they do.

    So his decisions went beyond whether or not to call 911...

  • @baconhound said:

    To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    @mudfly said:

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    He does need help, but if it's true he hit his girlfriend so hard he burst her ear drum then he loses all sympathy from me (and many other people, I imagine)

    He really needs to step up to the plate and admit he has a problem. He made the TMZ statement "I'm just having fun." If the restraining order, Browns' statements, agent dropping him, Lebron dropping him, and criminal investigation haven't convinced him he has a problem then I'm not sure what will. Maybe the mavs players and other people who he goes out with need to stop enabling and convince him he needs help.

  • @baconhound said:

    To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    @mudfly said:

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    I really hope when the Browns draft their next QB in a few months the Manziel circus will have left town.

    I guess I missed the part when I watched Manziel play and thought, "wow what a great pick, he'll be an important part of the Browns for years to come". Analysts are being kind by saying in year 2, "he looked more prepared" and "there were times he played at an NFL level". This is the 22nd pick in the NFL draft. There were games, like Tennessee who stinks, were Manziel looked like he could be a solid game manager but at no point did he ever look like a top 15 QB and that is what you are hoping to get with a QB in the first round. I know we, myself included, are desperate to find the next Bernie Kosar but for god's sake can we admit when we've got nothing.

  • @mudfly said:

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    I really hope when the Browns draft their next QB in a few months the Manziel circus will have left town.

    I guess I missed the part when I watched Manziel play and thought, "wow what a great pick, he'll be an important part of the Browns for years to come". Analysts are being kind by saying in year 2, "he looked more prepared" and "there were times he played at an NFL level". This is the 22nd pick in the NFL draft. There were games, like Tennessee who stinks, were Manziel looked like he could be a solid game manager but at no point did he ever look like a top 15 QB and that is what you are hoping to get with a QB in the first round. I know we, myself included, are desperate to find the next Bernie Kosar but for god's sake can we admit when we've got nothing.

    @baconhound said:

    I really hope when the Browns draft their next QB in a few months the Manziel circus will have left town.

    I guess I missed the part when I watched Manziel play and thought, "wow what a great pick, he'll be an important part of the Browns for years to come". Analysts are being kind by saying in year 2, "he looked more prepared" and "there were times he played at an NFL level". This is the 22nd pick in the NFL draft. There were games, like Tennessee who stinks, were Manziel looked like he could be a solid game manager but at no point did he ever look like a top 15 QB and that is what you are hoping to get with a QB in the first round. I know we, myself included, are desperate to find the next Bernie Kosar but for god's sake can we admit when we've got nothing.

    No disrespect, well at least not too much, but I'm kind of wishing we could set our sights higher than that.

    WSS

  • @mudfly said:

    The (only) good news is that most of us have backed off from pure attack mode.....its now more of a discussion, than it is a contentious debate.....and this thread is very tame compared to all the past threads....

    Rather than ripping him to shreds, I think most of us just think he needs help.....and he has a lot of people reaching out to assist him with that.....Family, The Browns, The NFL, Ryan Leaf, Marinovich....even Charlie Sheen(lol).....

    The ball is in his court now......but to think we wont be watching and discussing it?.....nope, we will.....

    He does need help, but if it's true he hit his girlfriend so hard he burst her ear drum then he loses all sympathy from me (and many other people, I imagine)

    He really needs to step up to the plate and admit he has a problem. He made the TMZ statement "I'm just having fun." If the restraining order, Browns' statements, agent dropping him, Lebron dropping him, and criminal investigation haven't convinced him he has a problem then I'm not sure what will. Maybe the mavs players and other people who he goes out with need to stop enabling and convince him he needs help.

    @bbedward said:

    He does need help, but if it's true he hit his girlfriend so hard he burst her ear drum then he loses all sympathy from me (and many other people, I imagine)

    He really needs to step up to the plate and admit he has a problem. He made the TMZ statement "I'm just having fun." If the restraining order, Browns' statements, agent dropping him, Lebron dropping him, and criminal investigation haven't convinced him he has a problem then I'm not sure what will. Maybe the mavs players and other people who he goes out with need to stop enabling and convince him he needs help.

    Um, it's not funny anymore.

  • @baconhound said:

    I really hope when the Browns draft their next QB in a few months the Manziel circus will have left town.

    I guess I missed the part when I watched Manziel play and thought, "wow what a great pick, he'll be an important part of the Browns for years to come". Analysts are being kind by saying in year 2, "he looked more prepared" and "there were times he played at an NFL level". This is the 22nd pick in the NFL draft. There were games, like Tennessee who stinks, were Manziel looked like he could be a solid game manager but at no point did he ever look like a top 15 QB and that is what you are hoping to get with a QB in the first round. I know we, myself included, are desperate to find the next Bernie Kosar but for god's sake can we admit when we've got nothing.

    No disrespect, well at least not too much, but I'm kind of wishing we could set our sights higher than that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No disrespect, well at least not too much, but I'm kind of wishing we could set our sights higher than that.

    WSS

    I would love to but with the Clowns that have come through that door since 99 I just want 3-5 years where we don't have to change. We are going into year 2 of Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

  • To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    @baconhound said:

    To bad we all can't agree to move on from this train wreck. Still splitting hairs over his persona when we another organization wouldn't even blink about this one.

    I thought the Browns had indicated we were moving on.

    @baconhound said:

    I really hope when the Browns draft their next QB in a few months the Manziel circus will have left town.

    Pretty sure it has moved on.....at least in respect to the team and locker room going forward.....the fans will stay dialed in until there is some resolution though....

    @bbedward said:

    He does need help, but if it's true he hit his girlfriend so hard he burst her ear drum then he loses all sympathy from me (and many other people, I imagine)

    He really needs to step up to the plate and admit he has a problem.

    Not sure how many have sympathy for him.....perhaps a few with some pity and/or compassion for his plight.....

    Honestly think it will be a while until he sees it......seems clear he still doesnt think there is any problem or issue to fix.....and until then, even with another rehab, I dont see things changing much.....he's gotta really want to change for it to happen....

    @hoorta said:

    Um, it's not funny anymore.

    Stopped being funny for me a loooooong time ago.....hate how it divided our team, FO and fan base from day one....

    @baconhound said:

    Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

    Well, hopefully if he gets healthy there will be no more clusterf*ck....and we will again have one of the best defensive backfields in the league, ala 2014....

  • 40...

  • @westside-steve said:

    No disrespect, well at least not too much, but I'm kind of wishing we could set our sights higher than that.

    WSS

    I would love to but with the Clowns that have come through that door since 99 I just want 3-5 years where we don't have to change. We are going into year 2 of Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

    @baconhound said:

    I would love to but with the Clowns that have come through that door since 99 I just want 3-5 years where we don't have to change. We are going into year 2 of Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

    Hate to say it, but i think joe will be retiring very very very sooooon....with that concuss he had this season...who eeee....too bad there are no tests for cte...i really hope someone is working on that....but don't count on joe, because he is not counting on staying in the nfl much longer...

  • 40...

    @tour2ma said:

    40...

    I missed it.

    What are we counting now?

    Z

  • @tour2ma said:

    40...

    I missed it.

    What are we counting now?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I missed it.

    What are we counting now?

    Z

    I think he means 40 to go.
  • Edward forty hands. 40oz down 40 more to go.

  • Edward forty hands. 40oz down 40 more to go.

    @bbedward said:

    Edward forty hands. 40oz down 40 more to go.

    Drinkin 40's and makin shortys.
  • @westside-steve said:

    No disrespect, well at least not too much, but I'm kind of wishing we could set our sights higher than that.

    WSS

    I would love to but with the Clowns that have come through that door since 99 I just want 3-5 years where we don't have to change. We are going into year 2 of Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

    @baconhound said:

    I would love to but with the Clowns that have come through that door since 99 I just want 3-5 years where we don't have to change. We are going into year 2 of Joe Haden's contract and last year was a completely clusterfuck. It could very well be one of the worst free agent contracts in the history of the NFL but if he's healthy there is no question he'll be a starting DB week 1.

    Well you know my argument, give these clowns you speak of three to five years and see what happens. The result can't really be worse can it?

    WSS

  • Von Miller reaching out to JM thru social media, "I Love you fam! Grind, get back to Johnny all the ags know and love, Grind bro, 2yrs ago they counted me out, 2yrs frm now you can do the same!! Support no matter what! #love @jmanziel2"

  • If he's charged with a crime the contract situation gets more muddy I believe.

    He's also 5'11 not 6'0

    @bbedward said:

    If he's charged with a crime the contract situation gets more muddy I believe.

    He's also 5'11 not 6'0

    Shut up nerd

  • Edward forty hands. 40oz down 40 more to go.

    @bbedward said:

    Edward forty hands. 40oz down 40 more to go.

    1.75= 59 ounces, Instead of the 49ers call him the 59ers.

    Yup- if the valet corroborates her testimony- just call him Johnny Jailbird. Welcome to Hardyville or Riceland, Johnny.