Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • still suck. A'M D is looking like browns

    d

  • pick 6. not sold yet for our first pick

  • I'd give both first picks

  • pick 6. not sold yet for our first pick

    @lbc-mike said:

    pick 6. not sold yet for our first pick

    I don´t know if that would be too good of an omen to take a QB as pick 6 😉

  • Fuck it. Draft Johnny Football. At least next year will be "exciting"

  • Looking at how he can change our team next year. With our revamped D from last year..... We are looking at the same old song and dance. F picking a QB in the first this year. Manziel, Carr, Bridgewater, or anyone else who will fail if we don't fix our D or O line. waste of a pick. Don't give a flying F if a better team pick them up and does better than us next year. We have a shit load of holes to plug up. Look at Bradford or stafford in their first years. how many wins how many playoff appearances? I mean a better team by them building the O-line, WR corp, and running game.. Put P manning on our team this past year and he would have sucked and been a cripple.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Looking at how he can change our team next year. With our revamped D from last year..... We are looking at the same old song and dance. F picking a QB in the first this year. Manziel, Carr, Bridgewater, or anyone else who will fail if we don't fix our D or O line. waste of a pick. Don't give a flying F if a better team pick them up and does better than us next year. We have a shit load of holes to plug up. Look at Bradford or stafford in their first years. how many wins how many playoff appearances? I mean a better team by them building the O-line, WR corp, and running game.. Put P manning on our team this past year and he would have sucked and been a cripple.

    A&M s defense sucks...Yet they win...THE hole we need to fill...QB

  • Guy will be a superstar. The same people who say he sucks are the same ones who were sucking Weeden's nutsack at the beginning of the season.

  • pick 6. not sold yet for our first pick

    @lbc-mike said:

    pick 6. not sold yet for our first pick

    Don't post hammered.

  • Manziel is the REAL DEAL.He makes NFL throws and has great escapeability.Lets please give him a chance if Cleveland drafts him.

    I have watched a lot of him and he makes NFL throws.He is likely not going somewhere and just gonna be as good as Andrew luck or russel Wilson..and he may.

    but if he comes here and goes 0-3 lets down throw him away on a bad start.This is a bad team. If he comes in and shows promise and again makes the throws be patient.

    I believe he is the next Fran Tarkenton,I really really do

    REmember how Elway always seemed to get away?Wouldnt it be nice to have one of those type QBs on our side?

  • So if I watch the game tonight what should i look for and expect? Is he different than McCoy was at Texas?

    If he can duplicate what Rodgers did on the last play of Sunday's game in Chicago I would be fueling the private jet up for a meet and greet in Texas or wherever Johnny ends up after tonight's game.

    @slowburn said:

    If he can duplicate what Rodgers did on the last play of Sunday's game in Chicago I would be fueling the private jet up for a meet and greet in Texas or wherever Johnny ends up after tonight's game.

    Dude your a fortune teller!

  • Need to calm down on Johnny....he lit up Duke. LOL...their defense might be worse than Ohio State's. He won't be able to make those plays/throws in the NFL. We need a real QB, and coach, and Genreal Manager, and O-linemen....etc....etc....

  • But now he made a couple o back shoulder fade throws that it didn't matter if ed reed was guarding the wr that ball was on this EXACT SPOT it needed to be...that's what im seeing. He makes throws in traffic with arms and bodys flyin and under pressure.He makes NFL throws...that's what Im seeing

  • I thought he showed a lot of upswing. Finesse on the short throws, power and accuracy on the more vertical, good decision making, leadership, fiery competitor, excellent vision,

    athletic as they come. As pointed out by the commentators he likes to lead with his shoulders before taking a tackle/hit and that need to be addressed with an easy fix. Overall, I was

    impressed with his performance. Duke defense certainly not "Monsters of the Midway 2" but ,after all, the team did win 10 games this year.

    This guy improved his value last night. 1st rounder?

  • Great comeback last night... Showed me how competitive he is, which was great to see. He was tossing the ball all over the place, and in the midst of that crazy game his line was ... 30 for 38 for 382 and 4 TDs, 0 INTs, plus 11 carries for 73 yds and 1 TD. 455 total yards and 5 TDs... wow!

    Sure, you can say it was against Duke but Manziel has been doing this to EVERY team he has played over the past 2 seasons... consistently. That might be what impresses me the most, his consistency.

    I think he's a first round pick, right now, but I plan to watch some more of his games on Youtube to nitpick...

  • I was able to watch the second half of the game last night, which, being honest, is the most I've watched Manziel play. He definitely played well, and congrats to him and the whole Texas A&M team on the great comeback. However, when considering the prospect of Manziel as the Browns QB, I'm a little concerned. To be clear, I am not really leaning strongly in either a positive or negative direction. As people have mentioned in this thread, his style of play seemed exciting, impromptu, and chaotic. Personally, for the NFL, I'd like to see something a little more controlled. I think that NFL defenses react and adjust better to the unexpected than do college defenses.

    That's not to say that some QBs aren't/haven't been able to make that style of play work in the NFL. I guess I kind of see it like I see big-time college scramblers in general. Some find a significant amount of success in the NFL running around like they did in college. Some find they have a hard time running in the NFL at all. In my eyes, the same kind of goes for quarterbacks who had a great amount of success in college with an "ad hoc" style of play: some can make it work in the NFL, and some can't. I'm not sure which one of those Manziel will be. I am concerned that his size will negatively affect/will hinder that play-style in the NFL. I'm also afraid that such play is just more difficult to pull off in the NFL than it is in college.

    I was about to hit "Post", but I'm afraid people will take this a negative post about Manziel's NFL future. I don't mean it to be. I would love nothing more than to see him come to the Browns, run around like a crazy man, and make all sorts of impossible-looking plays. And I don't know that he won't do that. I'm just saying that, at this point, I can't tell whether or not he'll be able to.

  • Obviously, I am a HUGE Manziel Fan (fwiw, I liked Trent too lol). Forget the SIZE thing & take a chance. He is a complete QB....Perfect? No, but also makes plays, remains calm, no "happy feet", tough, a leader always involved in the game. Did any of you see him grab Evans facemask & give him hell? Did you see him telling the D to "TAKE IT" & getting the Fans fired up? This kid has the FIRE & PASSION that is contagious & I say take the chance.

    Mike

  • I like his quick release and accuracy. But he isn't big and he gets jittery in the pocket too much.

    Also like his leadership.

  • Need to calm down on Johnny....he lit up Duke. LOL...their defense might be worse than Ohio State's. He won't be able to make those plays/throws in the NFL. We need a real QB, and coach, and Genreal Manager, and O-linemen....etc....etc....

    @buckigeorge said:

    Need to calm down on Johnny....he lit up Duke. LOL...their defense might be worse than Ohio State's. He won't be able to make those plays/throws in the NFL. We need a real QB, and coach, and Genreal Manager, and O-linemen....etc....etc....

    I believe he also lit up the Alabama defense as well this year and pretty much every other team he played. At some point it's not that the defense sucks as it is that the guy can make plays.

  • A lot of you aren't going to like this and will accuse me of being "anti-Manziel". I'm not at all, but I think this should be said. I've heard at least a few people say something to the effect of "whether or not Manziel turns out to be 'NFL good', at least it will be exciting to watch him." I think that we often only consider things "exciting" when they work, and when they don't we consider them foolish, reckless, or ill-advised.

    I never liked Tebow (because I don't like a QB who can't throw), but a lot of people did. When he was starting in Denver, people praised him, and they loved watching Broncos games because he was "exciting". If you take a look at the stats, Tebow wasn't good there, and the offense wasn't very productive. But people praised him anyway and even gave him credit for the fantastic play by their defense. The whole thing seemed "exciting" because it was working (i.e.Denver was winning). After Tebow left Denver, though, no one else was able to make it work. Tebow didn't suddenly drink some "get super-terrible" juice and become a much worse player than he had previously been. It was just that no one was able to find a way to make what he was able to do work anymore, and what was once "exciting" now looked awful.

    I can't make this clear enough: I am NOT comparing Tebow as a player to Manziel as a player. What I am saying is that the unorthodox can look "exciting" when it works, but the same exact thing can look foolish when it doesn't.

    Let's take Vick as another example. At different points in his career, Vick's style of play has been praised and has been criticized. When he's been able to win or put up flashy numbers, it has been "exciting". When it hasn't panned out, he's suddenly not been "an NFL caliber starting QB."

    Take Favre, who everyone likes to remember as fantastic now. Let's not forget the number of interceptions that Favre threw and the criticism he took for it at different points before he ultimately found sustained success and praise. He always played pretty much the same way. When it worked, he was "exciting", when it didn't, he was "reckless" and "made poor decisions".

    I'm not comparing Manziel to any of these guys individually. I'm saying that we ought to consider that while we may be happy to say "Well, good or bad, it will be exciting" right now, when it actually IS bad, people rarely continue seeing it as "exciting" and often begin seeing it as "ill-advised" and "reckless."

  • I still don't think Manziel is a top 10 ten pick. On long NFL throws, he throws them like

    Colt McCoy.

    But after that game...(I thought I was good at halftime picking Duke for an upset for 7 pts...lol)..

    he needs to be in the NFL to see just what he can do. He is a classic West Coast offense kid,

    with all the intangibles to the max. I have to admit, after that bowl game, I have to start

    to agree with Canton Mike about him, but it's more fun to argue about Manziel....@@