Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Then why did you bother to post and make premature predictions?

    Because I can

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Because I can

    😛

  • Oh and if any of you were interested.....

    The name Alouette is a girl's name of French origin meaning "lark". Alouette and is often added to lists like Bird Baby Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "The Makeover Baby Name Game".

    From the experts:

    Alouette is a sweet Gallic twist in the stylish bird name genre made familiar via the charming Frenchchildren's song, Alouette, gentile alouette.....

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh and if any of you were interested.....

    The name Alouette is a girl's name of French origin meaning "lark". Alouette and is often added to lists like Bird Baby Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "The Makeover Baby Name Game".

    From the experts:

    Alouette is a sweet Gallic twist in the stylish bird name genre made familiar via the charming Frenchchildren's song, Alouette, gentile alouette.....

    French

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    Alouette symbolizes a player who was rescued from Schidt Town Cleveland.

  • Alouette symbolizes a player who was rescued from Schidt Town Cleveland.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Alouette symbolizes a player who was rescued from Schidt Town Cleveland.

    An Alouette is a bird ya mo-ron.....kinda like this:

    Reagan-Bird-e1490895228504.jpg

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by

    It’s a swan!   Please someone post the picture of little Johnny on the swan ?????

  • It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.

    Dang French- I had always wondered what the heck that song was about, hearing it dozens of times as a kid. I can navigate around a Bordeaux bottle when I see it printed,  Mis en bouteilles a chateau.   But when you start slurring stuff in a song forget it.

    Nero knows my Spanish is much better, but still mostly only when I see it printed. Can hack my way through a newspaper. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

  • I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

    He's toned down a lot of things these past couple of years. Plus he's married now and has a "gatekeeper".

  • It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.

    My mother was a singer and used to sing that when I was a youngun.  

  • I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

    🙂 He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?

    🙂 He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    🙂 He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.

    Then there is the Arena League...but that thing has almost all but folded up shop.  There are only 4 teams left in that system:

    http://www.afldigital.com/index.cfm?view=standings

    Not sure why they bother at this point.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.

    And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......

    T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.

  • Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.

    And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......

    T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.

    And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......

    T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.

    Does it still exist?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    further the decline of American football at all levels, 

    I think this is a way off base statement by you.  Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite.  It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:

    https://aaf.com/

    The Alliance of American Football....starting Feb 9, 2019.  8 teams in southern cities. (too pussy to play in the north in winter)  Lots of big names associated with it. Polian and others.  Games to be shown on CBS.  Cities include Phoenix, San Diego, San Antonio, Salt Lake,  Birmingham, Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis.  (only 2 current NFL cities)

    And there is the potential for the nex XFL in 2020.   Owned as you know by Vince McMahon.....but Oliver Luck...Andrew Luck's Dad, from Cleveland, has been named its new Commish.

    https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/this-is-the-xfl-again-controversial-football-league-set-to-return-in-2020/

  • further the decline of American football at all levels, 

    I think this is a way off base statement by you.  Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite.  It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:

    https://aaf.com/

    The Alliance of American Football....starting Feb 9, 2019.  8 teams in southern cities. (too pussy to play in the north in winter)  Lots of big names associated with it. Polian and others.  Games to be shown on CBS.  Cities include Phoenix, San Diego, San Antonio, Salt Lake,  Birmingham, Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis.  (only 2 current NFL cities)

    And there is the potential for the nex XFL in 2020.   Owned as you know by Vince McMahon.....but Oliver Luck...Andrew Luck's Dad, from Cleveland, has been named its new Commish.

    https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/this-is-the-xfl-again-controversial-football-league-set-to-return-in-2020/

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    further the decline of American football at all levels, 

    I think this is a way off base statement by you.  Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite.  It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:

    Off base? Check out this screenshot on is American football decreasing in popularity.  Check the sources too.....

    Screenshot_2018-07-24-20-09-04.png

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Pee-wee, high school, college, professional it's dropping across the board including the super bowl.

    ......oh edit add, what do you think is going to happen to the life blood of any sport money if these trends continue over time?

    We boomers, like me, we're born and raised and lived American football I'm not so sure about the current under 40 crop.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base  you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.

  • Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base  you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up

    When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this. 

    Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up

    When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this. 

    Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this. 

    Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last. 

    I expect the AAF to hang around.  They have a TV contract with CBS.  (and to be honest with you....I think they may in fact have the blessings of the NFL....as I think they believe that it may serve as somewhat of a minor league/feeder league for them)  The new XFL, however, I give little chance of actually getting off the ground.

  • Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base  you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up

    I'm talking football in the USA, all of it not some small obscure part of it which is getting canabalized by other small insignificant indoor leagues.

    If the AFL which was somewhat popular in the 2000s died this probably will too before too long.

    Off base? No.