Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
-
It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.
It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.
Dang French- I had always wondered what the heck that song was about, hearing it dozens of times as a kid. I can navigate around a Bordeaux bottle when I see it printed, Mis en bouteilles a chateau. But when you start slurring stuff in a song forget it.
Nero knows my Spanish is much better, but still mostly only when I see it printed. Can hack my way through a newspaper.
-
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
-
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
He's toned down a lot of things these past couple of years. Plus he's married now and has a "gatekeeper".
-
It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.
It's from a French Children's song I learned in good ole Beaumont (Beautiful mountain), Texas that was more cajun than Texan.
My mother was a singer and used to sing that when I was a youngun.
-
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.
-
I wonder if he stills plans on "wrecking this league"?
He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.
He'll have to wreck the CFL before he gets a shot at wrecking the NFL. I don't like his odds.
Then there is the Arena League...but that thing has almost all but folded up shop. There are only 4 teams left in that system:
http://www.afldigital.com/index.cfm?view=standings
Not sure why they bother at this point.
-
Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.
And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......
T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.
-
Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.
And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......
T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.
Wow I didn't realize that the former (about) 16 team league in 2003 was so bad off.....and further the decline of American football at all levels, I quit watching it years back. Had a PA buddy follow the Pittsburgh Gladiators in their one season around 1986.
And the new IFL.....The Indoor Football League (IFL) is a professional indoor American footballleague created in 2008 out of the merger between the Intense Football League and United Indoor Football. The league is the second highest tier in indoor/arena football behind the Arena Football League (AFL).[citation needed] IFL players earn a minimum of US$250 per game played (before taxes). The season is typically about 14 games long, plus playoffs of two or more rounds......
T.O. was involved in that? Six or so teams? Never followed it at all.
Does it still exist?
-
further the decline of American football at all levels,
I think this is a way off base statement by you. Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite. It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:
The Alliance of American Football....starting Feb 9, 2019. 8 teams in southern cities. (too pussy to play in the north in winter) Lots of big names associated with it. Polian and others. Games to be shown on CBS. Cities include Phoenix, San Diego, San Antonio, Salt Lake, Birmingham, Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis. (only 2 current NFL cities)
And there is the potential for the nex XFL in 2020. Owned as you know by Vince McMahon.....but Oliver Luck...Andrew Luck's Dad, from Cleveland, has been named its new Commish.
-
further the decline of American football at all levels,
I think this is a way off base statement by you. Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite. It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:
The Alliance of American Football....starting Feb 9, 2019. 8 teams in southern cities. (too pussy to play in the north in winter) Lots of big names associated with it. Polian and others. Games to be shown on CBS. Cities include Phoenix, San Diego, San Antonio, Salt Lake, Birmingham, Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis. (only 2 current NFL cities)
And there is the potential for the nex XFL in 2020. Owned as you know by Vince McMahon.....but Oliver Luck...Andrew Luck's Dad, from Cleveland, has been named its new Commish.
further the decline of American football at all levels,
I think this is a way off base statement by you. Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite. It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:
Off base? Check out this screenshot on is American football decreasing in popularity. Check the sources too.....
-
Pee-wee, high school, college, professional it's dropping across the board including the super bowl.
......oh edit add, what do you think is going to happen to the life blood of any sport money if these trends continue over time?
We boomers, like me, we're born and raised and lived American football I'm not so sure about the current under 40 crop.
-
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.
-
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
-
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
I expect the AAF to hang around. They have a TV contract with CBS. (and to be honest with you....I think they may in fact have the blessings of the NFL....as I think they believe that it may serve as somewhat of a minor league/feeder league for them) The new XFL, however, I give little chance of actually getting off the ground.
-
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you were not off base you wouldn't have two new league is starting up.
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up
I'm talking football in the USA, all of it not some small obscure part of it which is getting canabalized by other small insignificant indoor leagues.
If the AFL which was somewhat popular in the 2000s died this probably will too before too long.
Off base? No.
-
Yes off-base completely off-base. If you want if you were not based and you wouldn't have two new league is starting up
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
Name all of the American professional football leagues besides the NFL particularly indoor mini leagues that have been successful over time, _________ .
That's right, none. Even the old AAFL and more recently AFL ended up merging with the NFL.
These niche, gadget, cute leagues just lose any generational appeal and die.
Even the mighty NFL has it's problems right now, just read up......and that is not off base.
-
When either of the leagues are in existence in five years, come back to this.
Football leagues start up all the time. Virtually none of them last.
Name all of the American professional football leagues besides the NFL particularly indoor mini leagues that have been successful over time, _________ .
That's right, none. Even the old AAFL and more recently AFL ended up merging with the NFL.
These niche, gadget, cute leagues just lose any generational appeal and die.
Even the mighty NFL has it's problems right now, just read up......and that is not off base.
Name all of the American professional football leagues besides the NFL particularly indoor mini leagues that have been successful over time, _________ .
That's right, none. Even the old AAFL and more recently AFL ended up merging with the NFL.
These niche, gadget, cute leagues just lose any generational appeal and die.
Even the mighty NFL has it's problems right now, just read up......and that is not off base.
You are stupidly off base. Are there minor concerns? No doubt. Are their concussion issues? Yes.
Are ratings down a bit? Yes....but then ratings are down for ALL sports....for ALL TV. Compare the ratings for TV shows from like the 80s compared to now...and you would conclude that TV is dead because of it. I guess we can now declare soccer dead in this country...because, after all, I won my bet with Hoorta who said the World Cup Final would get more than the 17 million viewers that it got in 2014. It only got like 2/3ds of the viewers of 2014. Only like 11 million viewers.
And other leagues? How many leagues now compete with the NHL, NBA, MLB? None, nada.
And, of course, given the record revenues the NFL is reaping....and the record money being paid its players...I doubt any economists would agree with your off base ideations. So, yes, Chicken Little....you can go crying that the sky is falling....because you just sound like you got hit on the head with a rock.
-
further the decline of American football at all levels,
I think this is a way off base statement by you. Just because people don't want to watch bastardized football does not mean football is declining. Quite the opposite. It seems that two new football leagues are cropping up:
Off base? Check out this screenshot on is American football decreasing in popularity. Check the sources too.....
Off base? Check out this screenshot on is American football decreasing in popularity. Check the sources too.....
Remember here were discussing American professional tackle football not every major sport but there are some mutually inclusive trends.
Also not many people try to say I'm stupidly off base and succeed......well except maybe my wife. (hey but I do enjoy eating
).
-
Off base? Check out this screenshot on is American football decreasing in popularity. Check the sources too.....
Remember here were discussing American professional tackle football not every major sport but there are some mutually inclusive trends.
Also not many people try to say I'm stupidly off base and succeed......well except maybe my wife. (hey but I do enjoy eating
).
Remember here were discussing American professional tackle football not every major sport but there are some mutually inclusive trends.
Also not many people try to say I'm stupidly off base and succeed......well except maybe my wife. (hey but I do enjoy eating
).
How many high schools and how many colleges have shut down their football programs? None that I have heard of. And if they have done it, they have done it for totally other reasons (e.g...when the University of Chicago quit the Big Ten to become a D-III school....it had all to do with academic priorities, and none of the reasons you suggest...plus, that happened like 80 years ago).
Maybe not many people say you are stupidly off base...because you are not so stupidly off base as you are on this occasion....except. of course, as you say...in the eyes of your wife. But then who here that is married doesn't "enjoy" the same situation.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login