Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
But the circus might be good for the local economy... so there's that...
What it will do if Hoyer keeps JM sitting for a full year is anybody's guess... but it should involve spending money.
Just heard the Browns President (Schreiner?) on the radio. In the last 15 hours they have sold 1500 season ticket packages.
That's all good, no?
Just heard the Browns President (Schr! I'einer?) on the radio. In the last 15 hours they have sold 1500 season ticket packages.
That's all good, no?
Hell no!, I put in for a seat relocation/upgrade. Why the fuck are they selling new seats before I get my upgrade or relocation?
-
TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
PoG still puts ya both to shame. Whats he gonna do with all those magazine cut outs of Carr he had taped around his bed now?TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
-
@walterwhite said:
Hoorta is so mad we got Johnny Football and I couldn't be happier. I love it.
I just hope we get a picture of JM rocking the Browns uni with a whole mess of "thugs, gangstas, and dopers."
-
New here as well, I can tell you that the number of Brown's fans in Texas has exploded in the last 12 hours.
A few things on Johnny as someone that has watched him since HS, most of which people don't realize:
He is very smart. Johnny had the highest Wonderlic score of the prospect QB's and he was in A&M's highly ranked B School prior to his Heisman with a high GPA. This isn't some athlete that just gets it done on physical skills, he learns quickly and is a student of the game.
Every year Johnny has become less of a freewheeler. In HS his offense was basically "give the ball to Johnny and let him improvise" and he took a team with virtually nothing around him deep in the playoffs until they lost to the eventual state champs in a shootout. He started that way at A&M but after working with George Whitfield after his RS year he has become much stronger fundamentally and less of a runner every year.
He's barely 21 years old. He is not a finished product by any means.
He's a great team guy. All of his teammates love him and would take a bullet for him. He is in early and out late and is obsessed with football and winning. He ALWAYS credits his teammates and pumps them up. The media talks about him but Johnny doesn't, notice after he was picked last night he wanted to talk about his teammates that were picked before him and how happy he was for them.
He is probably the most confident person on the face of the planet. Many think he must be cocky but in reality he is just very comfortable in his own skin and very confident in his abilities. He does his thing and he isn't doing it to impress others, he just does what he wants. Still at the same time he is surprisingly humble and he understands that football is still a game. I've never seen anyone quite like him, he is truly one of a kind in terms of personality.
He has a deep affection for kids, especially sick or disabled kids. He wears a "Charley's Angels" bracelet for a kid with cancer that went to the draft with him (he is the one he was hugging in the maroon Aggie shirt as he walked off). He got to know Charley before he even had the starting job at A&M as well so it isn't a show.
Everyone watches the highlights of his crazy plays but he actually stays in the pocket and slices up offenses most of the time. He actually had the best pocket completion % of any FBS QB last year at over 70%. He just also can throw really well on the run and puts immense pressure on a defense because they can never know what he might do.
Johnny was a legit prospect at baseball as well. What is unusual though is he was a shortstop, not a pitcher like most QB's. That's part of the reason he can make so many off balance throws and can throw against his body so well, it's something he did in baseball all his life.
Despite being under 6' Johnny can do a 360 dunk with a basketball.
The 2 games that most detractors point to for Johnny are the LSU and Missouri games this year. What is less spoken about is Johnny had a fractured thumb he was trying to play through in those games and it greatly affected his accuracy. He broke it hitting a helmet in the Auburn game on a throw in the pocket btw, a freak injury. Trying to keep him off the field though is not easy, he is insanely competitive.
Johnny is more quick than fast and really elusive. He's got good speed but he isn't like RGIII. Johnny seems to have a 6th sense to pressure though and he will absolutely juke people silly. He has incredible balance and is much stronger than most realize. He's hard to hit and the main focus will be more on getting him to not go for the extra yard than anything else. Johnny also has an incredible sense of where his receivers are at all times and he will boggle your mind with how he seems to find a receiver on the other side of the field that he didn't even look that way until he threw the ball. The game just moves at a different speed for him.
The biggest negative on Johnny going to Cleveland imo is he tends to not do as well in bad weather as the LSU and Missouri games this year were also cold and rainy. That said, he also set what was at the time the SEC Total Offense record (which he later broke) in the rain against Arkansas as a Freshman. He will need to adjust some and the groundskeepers in Cleveland need to do all they can to keep the field in top shape.
The biggest negative on Johnny going to Cleveland imo is he tends to not do as well in bad weather as the LSU and Missouri games this year were also cold and rainy. That said, he also set what was at the time the SEC Total Offense record (which he later broke) in the rain against Arkansas as a Freshman. He will need to adjust some and the groundskeepers in Cleveland need to do all they can to keep the field in top shape.
Credit LSU for their defensive schemes against Johnny which Missouri copied. In Johnny's freshman year against LSU the Aggies were moving the ball and in the game but an interception off Evans hands and a fumble by Molena caused Johnny to start trying to force things. In Johnny's second season LSU used the same scheme which worked and copied by Missouri.
I think some blame needs to be placed on the offensive coaches for not anticiapating the schemes and making adjustments. Kliff Kingsbury was the OC in Johnny's freshman year and that LSU game was early and I think Kliff was reluctant to put in too much offense and maybe too inexperienced himself to make halftime adjustments. In the Florida loss, Florida rolled their corners up in the second half and Kingsbury refused to throw deep.
When Kingsbury left for Texas Tech, RB coach Clarence McKinney was promoted to OC and Jake Spavital hired from WVA as the QB coach. McKinney was not effective as an OC and replaced by Sumlin for the bowl game. All last year I think Johnny's development was impaired by the coaching of McKinney and the inexperience of Spavital, as well as a non-existent defense. McKinney did not call one zone read play last year for Johnny. Nor a pitch play.
So when the experts watch two games and make evaluations on Johnny they never mention the coaching.
-
TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
Well technically every draft pick's ceiling is GOAT but I get what you're saying.
-
...
-
Well we'll see how this goes. I've been a cleveland fan my whole life. I'm not one to get too drummed up on hype.
Case and point:

This link is also worth checking out:
-
I listened to a nice bit on NPR about the Browns and Manziel.
I doubt the Browns have ever been featured on NPR with a 2 minute segement. I love it. We are Johnny Football!
-
I listened to a nice bit on NPR about the Browns and Manziel.
I doubt the Browns have ever been featured on NPR with a 2 minute segement. I love it. We are Johnny Football!
-
Nice .... way to sodomize this forum you fucking toothless bastard,
Eat shit you arrogant prick. Shame on me for defending my team against an asshole. According to my dentist teeth are good, according to my hot wife, big house, nice toys and fat check I am not the hillbilly you insinuate I am.
Eat shit you arrogant prick. Shame on me for defending my team against an asshole. According to my dentist teeth are good, according to my hot wife, big house, nice toys and fat check I am not the hillbilly you insinuate I am.
Everyone on the internet is rich and successful, didn't you know?
-
TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.
His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...
are you going to argue against that or are you just going to derp de derp then claim o'doyle rules?
i honestly don't know if i can handle the stupidity of NFL fans. I really don't... Yes, GOAT is his ceiling. That's what some call, an "opinion". In this thread I've posted reasons I think he's that special.
Or in response should I just say:
no, you're stupid,doodoohead?
-
-
will Manziel start or Hoyer? that's the fucking question bugging me now
will Manziel start or Hoyer? that's the fucking question bugging me now
Hoyer needs to start all of 20 14 barring injury, no questions asked.
-
Yeah I think Hoyer will win at this point, honestly. I love the Johnny football pick, I really do but I badly want Hoyer to get his shot and Johnny has a lot of time.
-
When JF throws the first TD pass against Pittsburgh in week 1, you'll all be doing the cash money sign with him.
Don't act like you won't.
-
When JF throws the first TD pass against Pittsburgh in week 1, you'll all be doing the cash money sign with him.
Don't act like you won't.
When JF throws the first TD pass against Pittsburgh in week 1, you'll all be doing the cash money sign with him.
Don't act like you won't.
He beats Pittsburgh week 1 and I'll be wearing a Johnny fucking football jersey to the Ravens game and sitting front row of the dawg pound.
-
Just wanted to say I am officially a Browns fan now and I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a guy like JFF playing on the Browns.
I wish the Browns and Johnny all the success in the world. Bring the Browns back to Glory Johnny!!
Gig'Em Ags!!
Just wanted to say I am officially a Browns fan now and I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a guy like JFF playing on the Browns.
I wish the Browns and Johnny all the success in the world. Bring the Browns back to Glory Johnny!!
Gig'Em Ags!!
Oh we've seen this before with player fans as opposed to team fans in the past.
How many new member signups has this board had in the last 15 hours?
Not as many as the guys who bought season tickets hoping JF will start day 1.
It was terrible, as an Aggie, to watch it all be about Manziel... I mean, the day after we beat Alabama at their house, all you heard about was Johnny. As an Aggie fan it was one of the most depressing days of my life. So, so sad.
Thanks-and all the media hype in the coming months in Berea is going to be all about JF. Some guys don't care, but I do.
There's no way that Hoyer is on the trading block at this point.
And, yes, Manziel is JUST a rookie QB at this point. He has a lot to prove before he becomes anything otherwise than that.
Like going through his progressions, and calling out line protections tha the didn't do much at A&M?
ok, he won the starting job as a freshman?
true.. but i think I was leaning on this a bit more:
he won the Heisman as a freshman. he broke Cam Newton's All purpose yards in a season in 2 less games as a freshman. he led A&M to their first 11 win season in decades as a freshman.
How does this translate to immediate success? It doesn't.
What it does is say that he needs to be coddled or treated like just someone who hasn't been through something similar before. It's proven immediate success.
I've said before he could be a bust or a GOAT. I, nor do you,know which it will be.
To say Johnny is no different from any other rookie is ridiculous. What other rookie has had to put up with that much scrutiny, attention in history? None. Some might come close but the answer is none... Actually if you don't understand what I'm talking about when i say Johnny is different and is not just another rookie,... making a spit bubble with my mouth would be more productive at this point.
\
Homer point- RG III was in the same boat, or St. Timothy Tebow. Manziel (deservedly) drew excessive attention to himself with his off-field antics.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
No worries Tex. There was a lot of anti-Manziel guys on this board before the draft, and now theyre pouting. Loved the article, and it definitely shows a side of him ESPN never talked about. Thanks man!
Pouting? Not really. Like they say in Missouri- show me JF. You got a Johnny homer saying GOAT, does that mean Greediest of all Time? Hi Nike, you seem to agree.

@walterwhite said:
Hoorta is so mad we got Johnny Football and I couldn't be happier. I love it.
Mad? You don't know what gets me mad kid. If I wanted to get MAD, I would have kicked your ass off for a month or two- and FYI a bunch of other posters asked me to do so. You going to be a ____ name the team fan if X team takes JF? I have legit reasons for questioning if Manziel will make it in the NFL- and so does Charlley Casserly who GMed a NFL franchise for years. The Browns were playing with house money- if he was as great as all the JF circle jerkers were claiming, he would have gotten drafted a lot higher than #22 (cursed pick BTW). And for the record dipwad, I had Watkins at #1 on my board, so how does that look now with Gordon probably gone for an extended period?
-
@mike-h said:
He's rooting for Manziel to tear an ACL, because he's a bitter old fossil.
Want me to start a poll what date Manziel goes on IR? $5 entry fee. LOL- I ain't bitter Mike- just realistic- 50+ years of football experience will do that for you. Joey Porter said he's waiting for the chance to break his smarmy ass in half, odds are- I'm betting on Porter.
And STFU. According to polls there's around 20% Cleveland fans that think JF was a bad pick. There's a significant minority siding with me. I may have been more vocal than most here but I'm not the only skeptic. Can't say hatah anymore- because I can't root for a Browns player to flop.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login