Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Manziel will start day 1.

    Hoyer is not even cleared for contact.

    The throngs will call for Johnny, and Johnny they will get... or they'll tear the fucking stadium down.

    You don't draft Elvis Presley in his prime and sit him behind Justin 'Beaver'.

    ---------------------

    They should have just drafted Watkins, Carr and Hyde.

  • At this point, Hoyer is # 1. Nfl veteran, and sure he's recovering from a torn ACL, but experience of the game, the speed, ability to read a defense, familiarity with players all count for something. I saw one ridiculous post that Manziel is the starter immediately cause he has more talent. I guess knowing the playbook isn't important.

    Hell, at this point, I'd even given Vince Young the nod on 2nd string. Former rookie of the year, 2 time pro bowler, 60+ win percentage.

    As a fanbase, and as a coaching staff, I pray there is an extreme level of patience. But somehow ... I seriously doubt it will happen.

    "I'm low man on the totem pole." = Johnny Manziel

  • Who cares. Is this the crap you want to talk about for 4 months? Do you also enjoy reading celebrity gossip magazines? Same crap at this point.

  • Oh god... months now of JF being football Jesus

    Hoyer will start.

  • I don't think we will see Manziel start against the Steelers. I'd give him some time to learn the NFL system. I wouldn't want him to go on the disabled list after one game.

  • Vince Young can barely grasp a pen to write his name, much less an NFL offense. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

    I don't know much about Hoyer, but I'd be surprised if Johnny didn't start. He is a competitor -- and I don't think you trade up for a guy in the first to sit him.

  • Every defense we play against is going to be going after him. His celebrity is probably not well liked by other teams. I would let him get some snaps, but not start initially no matter how quick he learns.

  • DieHard has had that JF dick in his mouth for awhile now, but even he is realistic about JF starting lol. Good to see

  • Vince Young can barely grasp a pen to write his name, much less an NFL offense. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

    I don't know much about Hoyer, but I'd be surprised if Johnny didn't start. He is a competitor -- and I don't think you trade up for a guy in the first to sit him.

    @h-town-brown said:

    Vince Young can barely grasp a pen to write his name, much less an NFL offense. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

    This^

    The guy got beat out by Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien for christ sakes.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't know who Vontae Mack is and I swear to God if you ruined Draft Day for me, I will never take your opinion seriously ever again POG.

    Oh, wait... I already don't.

    Vontae Mack was the fictional player the Browns chose with the #1 overall pick in the movie Draft Day. It is odd because he was a LB with very much the same attributes as the real Khalil Mack (except the fictional guy played for Ohio St.)

    @the-gipper said:

    Vontae Mack was the *************SPOILER************ It is odd because he was a LB with very much the same attributes as the real Khalil Mack (except the fictional guy played for Ohio St.)

    what a fucking tool.

    i can't think of anyone I hate more than a Spoiler.

    ...except maybe an intentional spoiler.

    he wasn't asking gip.

    you fucking dick.

  • Whats with all the homosexual fantasies going on? I mean, I don't care, whatever,... your life your choice,... kind of a weird thing to be so extroverted about though.

    Johnny will start. Do you guys really think he needs a year to learn the system when Vince Young (6) was signed? Me guessing the system is written in crayon.

  • Wouldn't be surprised if Manziel wins out in camp and is the week 1 starter. He really doesn't have much competition...

  • We're going to talk all about another QB controversy until September. My moneys still on Hoyer starting day 1 though.

  • There is NO way that HOYER will start the season.

    Just as when Colt McCoy clearly beat Weeden for grasp of the offense and smarter decision making abilities, Hoyer will be pushed aside to make way for Manziel.

    ...and really I could give a fuck anymore. Let Manziel start and see if the kid can hack it in the pros. They start early now. Luck, RG3, Wilson.. for pete's sake Weeden even started after being sacked by the American Flag.

    If all these can start it's nearly impossible to sit Johnny Football. The F.O. will be eaten alive the first game they lose and Mr. Football is on the sidelines. He'll start week 2 at the latest.

    You might as well get used to it, Manziel is the Guy now. Sorry Hoyer about your bad luck- you shouldn't have gotten injured.

  • He looks like a fucking elf, I can't take him seriously. He did buy shots for people, that's a plus. Though he smiles like my dog does after he has eaten cat shit. I vote for Axle's son with Vince in second.

    ...And please don't refer to him as Elvis unless you want to find him dead in a bathroom with 8 boxes of fudgesicles, 10 lbs of fried chicken, and a dozen half eaten bananas fully knowing he was masturbating and crying at the time of expiration. Elvis was a phony and a sham, don't toss the elf into that category just yet.

  • Who wants to talk about uniforms?

  • @walterwhite said:

    He's hooked up with more hot chicks in 21 years than most of us will combined, hate all you want. Jealousy is stinky cologne my friend.

    Walter this "he fucked more bitches than you" schtick is getting old bro gotta tell you.

    TBH with you I, @ 24 years old could give two fucks less how many hot bitches he gets to fuck and I don't. I'm perfectly happy with the beautiful fiance I have, she has that good good if you know what I mean 😎. There are benefits to settling down with a WOMAN who is not a complete whore like the majority of the women Johnny has fucked prob are.

    So please let's get over the he is cooler and than you and fucks more bitches than you Walter. You would go so much further and make much better points if you argued for his play on the field and the various GOOD character traits that JF possesses like leadership and giving back to his community, not how many dirty, abused snatches he has managed to tag the last three years....

  • Whats with all the homosexual fantasies going on? I mean, I don't care, whatever,... your life your choice,... kind of a weird thing to be so extroverted about though.

    Johnny will start. Do you guys really think he needs a year to learn the system when Vince Young (6) was signed? Me guessing the system is written in crayon.

    @txdawg said:

    Whats with all the homosexual fantasies going on? I mean, I don't care, whatever,... your life your choice,... kind of a weird thing to be so extroverted about though.

    Johnny will start. Do you guys really think he needs a year to learn the system when Vince Young (6) was signed? Me guessing the system is written in crayon.

    ugh.

    are you really a browns fan or a texas johhny fan?

    because if you were a true brown's fan (and i'm starting to wonder how old PoG is) you put your love affair aside and see that sitting might be wise for him and this franchise. hey if he's up to speed and blows hoyer out of the water then fine. it's just a little hard to anoint him king when we haven't seen him take his first snap in TC yet.

    calm the fuck down.

  • Vince Young can barely grasp a pen to write his name, much less an NFL offense. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

    I don't know much about Hoyer, but I'd be surprised if Johnny didn't start. He is a competitor -- and I don't think you trade up for a guy in the first to sit him.

    @walterwhite said:

    He's hooked up with more hot chicks in 21 years than most of us will combined, hate all you want. Jealousy is stinky cologne my friend.

    So quick on the hate-card draw just means you've got nothing substantial to offer...

    Go play with MikeHole... preferably in traffic.

    @h-town-brown said:

    I don't know much about Hoyer, but I'd be surprised if Johnny didn't start. He is a competitor -- and I don't think you trade up for a guy in the first to sit him.

    With one exception teams do not draft anyone, under any circumstance, but expected starters in the first round... that exception is QB... IF it is believed that the QB is not ready to start.

    Hoyer is a hungry back-up who had a career first string of 3 starts last season for his childhood team before his season ending knee injury. He is not going to wilt in the face of JFF.

    It will be a competition... our HC has said so, but he has also made it clear that starting a rookie QB is not his preference.

    #GivemHellHoyer