Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
the only pick I questioned was Kirksey, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. Guys like Borland are a dime a dozen, we can get guys to anchor in the run game. Finding a 240Lb guy to also run with these evolving TEs is a different story. Bitonio i had rated only a bit under Sua Filo, who I bet woulda been the pick had he been there. I thought both would be good. I said from the beginning we didnt need a reciever, but that was before the Gordon news broke. We filled every hole on this roster other than reciever (and maybe FS, but Gipson was decent-good last year). My bet is Gordon only gets 4-6 games and we sign another guy till then. Even if Gordon gets a season there was no replacing him until he'd be back anyways. Say you draft Watkins, rookie recievers dont come in and tear it up right away. By the time hes ready to break out, Gordons back.@walterwhite said:
I just don't understand why they didn't take Marquise Lee at 35, that's incredible value at that spot.
He'd be a great #2 receiver or #1 while Gordon is serving his time.
What an epic fuck up in round 2
-
Whether you like him or not, you have to wish him success. If he fails so be it. If he is successful we should be happy.
-
this thread is funny to me. Trolls and try-hards and memes.... The internet kicks ass.Second
This thread is an embarrassment to all Browns fans
-
@walterwhite said:
Fuck yes he will.
Everyone will fall in love with him when he beats Pittsburgh week 1 doing the money sign
I like Johnny, but he wont be starting week 1
-
No for me too ......... Hoyer will start ....we may see Johnny in some packages tho ......
-
The New England Patriots took a long look at some of the top quarterbacks in the 2014 draft. Regarding Johnny Manziel, they reportedly didn’t like what they saw very much.
BroBible.com claims that it has obtained the Patriots’ scouting report on Manziel, and the entire thing has been posted online.
It looks legitimate, and it expresses various worries about Manziel’s off-field habits, including a somewhat bizarre reference to “outlaw bloodlines.” The report also describes Manziel as a “spoiled brat” who gets an allowance from his grandfather and whose father bought him a luxury car.
From a football standpoint, Texas Tech sources told the Patriots that coaches “can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from [former Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff] Kingsbury in the past,” and that Manziel doesn’t study the game.
If the report is legitimate (and if it’s counterfeit it’s an excellent job), the question becomes how it surfaced. It reportedly came from “an anonymous tipster, who is close to BroBible family,” a description that seems to be a bit inconsistent.
Within the NFL, speculation (and to be clear, it’s just speculation) has arisen that the leaking of the scouting report bears in some way, shape, or form the fingerprints of former Browns G.M. Mike Lombardi, who was fired by Cleveland and hired by New England. Lombardi’s motivation, if the speculation is accurate, would be to make the Browns look bad for taking Manziel.
It’s an obvious starting point for the Patriots and/or the NFL if/when this is investigated. It’s so obvious that we have a hard time believing Lombardi had anything to do with it.
The far better theory would be that someone within the Patriots organization who doesn’t like Lombardi leaked it simply to create a hassle for Lombardi, which this situation undoubtedly will.
-
Who gives a fuck what the Patriots thought, especially Lombardi. Obviously, Farmer and Pettine did their due diligence and decided he was worth the risk @ 22. I'm not a big Manziel fan but Christ, gimme a break.

-
I'm pretty sure this report is fake. Jeff Howe, who is a New England beat writer, said on Twitter that the numerical draft grade on the report is not how the Patriots present it.
Fake. Not how Patriots numerical draft grades are presented RT @Nick_Underhill: http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/ … RT @Raycribs: care to enlighten us?
From Nick Caserio's meeting w/ media in 2011, here's a photo of a Patriots draft grade. Not nearly as simple as "6.5" http://atp.patsfans.com/2011/04/14/nick-caserio-gives-glimpse-of-pats-draft-process/#.U20ZoFfhAmE …
He also said in his Twitter that the site BroBible.com REACHED out to the Pats to ask if it was real or not. If it was legit why would they even need to ask?
@stoolpresidente And if Brobible "knew" it was real, why would they reach out to the Patriots for comment to ask if it's real, right?
It's either more media fodder or some guy making a quick buck off suckers or both.
-
Give me a break. The hate on this kid is unbelievable.
-
Yea I know it's fake. Just wanted to see how many people believe this.
The whole upgrade from Tebow thing.
-
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
-
I want and hope Johnny is GREAT. And as a Browns fan, I WANT him to be great. But until he proves it on the field I have a lot of doubts.
-
-
-
Still trying to figure out what in the hell is going on with this FO now... Seriously.
If they knew about Gordon and Burleson and did nothing to even TRY to answer the WR problem at all.
With Gordon gone, that is easily 15-20% of our scoring for the season.
I don't know how Little is still on this roster either. Suddenly, we look worse than we did at the beginning of last year with Weeden and Richardson. And that is sad.
Couple of OT points here. We have Little, Benjamin, Hawkins, and busted arm for WRs. Like my Bengals (season ticket holder) fan said today as I was making the wino rounds, "who's Manziel going to throw to , himself?"
Hoorta, how do you feel about Gordon?
I am POed beyond belief. Maybe he can beat it, maybe he's only in stage two (the Browns surely know, but they can't say). But kid- show a little restraint. A screw up is going to cost you tens of million$$$. Lay off the weed until you retire- you'll have enough money by then to buy a pot ranch in Colorado.
And I really, truly, don't get what in the hell the Browns were thinking- they knew damn well about the coming suspension, they had Watkins there for the taking, and passed? WTF???? I'm not the first to say this- is the tank the season to take Marriotta or Winston with that extra first rounder? If you're in a "win now" mode, how in the hell are you going to "win" knowing your #1 offensive weapon is gone for an extended period?
And I really, truly, don't get what in the hell the Browns were thinking- they knew damn well about the coming suspension, they had Watkins there for the taking, and passed? WTF???? I'm not the first to say this- is the tank the season to take Marriotta or Winston with that extra first rounder? If you're in a "win now" mode, how in the hell are you going to "win" knowing your #1 offensive weapon is gone for an extended period?
I get so confused by everyone that wish we drafted a guy that was arrested for pot possession to replace the guy that got caught smoking it. I'm pretty sure the guy possessing it will eventually get caught smoking it.
-
Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.
Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.
Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.
What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.
I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.
-
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
You heard about that too?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
