Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
I want and hope Johnny is GREAT. And as a Browns fan, I WANT him to be great. But until he proves it on the field I have a lot of doubts.
-
-
-
Still trying to figure out what in the hell is going on with this FO now... Seriously.
If they knew about Gordon and Burleson and did nothing to even TRY to answer the WR problem at all.
With Gordon gone, that is easily 15-20% of our scoring for the season.
I don't know how Little is still on this roster either. Suddenly, we look worse than we did at the beginning of last year with Weeden and Richardson. And that is sad.
Couple of OT points here. We have Little, Benjamin, Hawkins, and busted arm for WRs. Like my Bengals (season ticket holder) fan said today as I was making the wino rounds, "who's Manziel going to throw to , himself?"
Hoorta, how do you feel about Gordon?
I am POed beyond belief. Maybe he can beat it, maybe he's only in stage two (the Browns surely know, but they can't say). But kid- show a little restraint. A screw up is going to cost you tens of million$$$. Lay off the weed until you retire- you'll have enough money by then to buy a pot ranch in Colorado.
And I really, truly, don't get what in the hell the Browns were thinking- they knew damn well about the coming suspension, they had Watkins there for the taking, and passed? WTF???? I'm not the first to say this- is the tank the season to take Marriotta or Winston with that extra first rounder? If you're in a "win now" mode, how in the hell are you going to "win" knowing your #1 offensive weapon is gone for an extended period?
And I really, truly, don't get what in the hell the Browns were thinking- they knew damn well about the coming suspension, they had Watkins there for the taking, and passed? WTF???? I'm not the first to say this- is the tank the season to take Marriotta or Winston with that extra first rounder? If you're in a "win now" mode, how in the hell are you going to "win" knowing your #1 offensive weapon is gone for an extended period?
I get so confused by everyone that wish we drafted a guy that was arrested for pot possession to replace the guy that got caught smoking it. I'm pretty sure the guy possessing it will eventually get caught smoking it.
-
Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.
Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.
Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.
What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.
I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.
-
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
You heard about that too?
-
Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.
Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.
Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.
What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.
I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.
Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.
Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.
Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.
What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.
I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.
choco,
I AM a Johnny Fan in a huge way, but your post here is excellent & realistic. There is no "instant gratification" in building a consistent winner & you said that very well.
Thank you,
Mike
-
If some of this stuff was true, it would have been out in the media. That kind of attitude does not make teammates fall in love with you. Your head coaches and coordinators might not leak anything to the media, but positional coaches and team managers would have said something off the record.
-
Fake
-
@walterwhite said:
Fuck yes he will.
Everyone will fall in love with him when he beats Pittsburgh week 1 doing the money sign
This.
-
HAHA, these idiots apparently paid the leaker $5000 for the fake scouting report.
-
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?
Not that anyone should give a shit, but there are a couple relatives that fell a tad shy of being model citizens, but are hardly Bonnie and Clyde.
FWIW according to family legend my Great Grandfather on my Mother's Mother's side was a moonshiner...
-
Of course one of the things you guys love about Bernie Kosar is the fact that he refused to be coached by Belichick.
Maybe Johnny knew more about football than the Texas A&M offensive coordinator.
WSS
-
-
And lets not forget the panty hose commercials
Oh please... let's do...
On the other hand...
I think for sure Manziel is the next star QB in the NFL. The Browns are in for a decade of brilliance.
Well... he is a star... and he is now in the NFL... barely...
As you are from East Texas I am sure you know about the Manziel Blue... a breed of fighting cock named after his family...
LOL... actually I was not despite being pretty close to Manzielville.
-
this makes me so happy@mike-h said:
-
Whether you like him or not, you have to wish him success. If he fails so be it. If he is successful we should be happy.
Whether you like him or not, you have to wish him success. If he fails so be it. If he is successful we should be happy.
I want and hope Johnny is GREAT. And as a Browns fan, I WANT him to be great. But until he proves it on the field I have a lot of doubts.
The folks in general, and Walter White in particular- need to understand the above is exactly how I fee about JF. That's water under the bridge, and I hope Manziel does great. No I didn't like the pick, and I have concerns how the team is going to handle the media circus that's certainly coming to Berea.
-
Man this thread merge mess makes for some interesting reading...
First, let's get this straight... with one exception, none of you Johnny-Football-come-latelys are Browns fans.
You weren't Wednesday...
After a week you will not be heard from again until training camp opens...
And had any of 18 other NFL teams deemed your boy worthy enough, you would not be here now.
We Browns fans would be...
The one exception was a noob named H-Town Brown. In his very first post he introduced himself as a Manziel fan and then asked the forum to help him get to know the Browns. THAT is a new Browns fan in the making.
Exactly what the fuck was he spinning? I swear your head is so far up your MikeHole the fumes have made you delusional.
Drunk? Stoned? Both? Or just more fumes? Your post makes no sense, Mr. PFWA. That we drafted Manziel is now a fact. No one is denying it.
But yes, I hoped that the Haslam statement put to rest the hope that JM was coming to Cleveland... not afraid to admit it.
Talk about spin... such an air of confidence now. The likes of which we did not see for 18 picks, or roughly 2 hours of Round 1. Never a doubt... right, MikeHole? LOL...
If you can't handle it, then leave with our stupid, collective blessings... You will not be missed.
But if you stay, chew on this a while and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28821&view=findpost&p=404221
You have a look too, MikeHole, but I warn you it has a lot of words in it and some things called t h o u g h t s.
While I genuinely believe that JM will not see the field Week 1 except for warm-ups... I'll go further than that.
If I ever do that fucking stupid move, TC, then I will send you a certified check for $10,000. You have my word on it...
Did I disappoint?

With the money, I'll buy you Manziel jersey and a shot and a beer.
I have to let everyone know now, however- I have one eye on the Jags now. I've been looking for another team to keep tabs on as far as writing about and they won. They could be very interesting next year.
With the money, I'll buy you Manziel jersey and a shot and a beer.
Deal... and well understand your newfound Jags interest.
Zombo said:
Ya, sorry about that guys, but we had so many threads I had to merge a bunch to keep all of the topics on the front page.
Keep right on merging on...
Johnny Football, How I hate you......
To the tune of Johnny Angel I trust...
@walterwhite said:
Entertaining, check.
If he were 2 inches taller, he goes first overall to Houston.
First, "entertaining" is a real criteria?
Second, damn...
-
Funny thing is, you said, "All I can say is I'm now a Brown's fan and this is going to be one of the best carnival rides any of you have ever experienced."
Funny thing is, I'm saying, "I've been a Browns' Fan and this has been one hell of a carnival ride so far. Welcome aboard, fasten your seatbelt."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login