Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Do not care what New England thinks about QBs. They got lucky drafting Brady ...
Let's say it's real. Jerry Jones has had a better track record drafting QBs and they had him #1 on their big board.
Like I said, don't care what any team thinks of him I just care if he is any good on the field.
-
He's not your typical qb. He doesn't need to read defenses pre-snap as well as pocket qb's because he has the ability to run. If he cant get the ball out on time he takes it down and runs or scrambles to buy time and pass when they are open. That's his style. If you do not agree with then you don't know NFL football.
-
Now that Johnny is ours, I too would like to see him start day one, but only if, and I do mean if, he wins the job in camp. If he shits the bed in camp/pre-season, well I guess we should all be worried. With the game plan that I foresee Shanahan employing (heavy run, moving pocket/launch point, slot/TE heavy) Johnny should excel.
-
Johnny football will meet the same fate as pat white one hit and done. Hoyer is a professional and should a will start. Johnny will be a distaction and will bring the team down. He's a cry baby and if he does play and loses he will spiral into a state of notingness and take the team down with him. The best thing for Cleveland is to get him out of there as quick as possible to Washington for Kurt cousins, it was a absolute terrible draft once again Cleveland fucked it up 10 picks to start down to 6. The worst draft I have ever witnessed. Sad. They should have pick Watkins, dennard, Hyde now they have nothing but a circus. Guess hasslim wants to fill seats and does not care about building a winning team.
I don't understand fans like you. If you don't like a guy, that's fine. Why do you feel like you have to insult the person (never heard anybody refer to JF as a cry baby) and make assanine statements? Kirk Cousins? Because of one good game? Trade a potential superstar for a back up, makes sense...... The dude is a Brown now. I root for EVERY player and hope they succeed. I wouldnt give a shit if his name was Andy Dick as long as he plays hard and can help this team win. Give it time and see if he can prove himself. The Johnny Football persona is 100% media driven, coach Pettine even said that himself in a presser either today or yesterday. I watched the JF introductory presser and the dude IMO comes off as a humble young guy who wants to bust his ass and do whatever hes gotta do to get better and win for the Browns. Just calm the fuck down and have some patience.
I don't understand fans like you. If you don't like a guy, that's fine. Why do you feel like you have to insult the person (never heard anybody refer to JF as a cry baby) and make assanine statements? Kirk Cousins? Because of one good game? Trade a potential superstar for a back up, makes sense...... The dude is a Brown now. I root for EVERY player and hope they succeed. I wouldnt give a shit if his name was Andy Dick as long as he plays hard and can help this team win. Give it time and see if he can prove himself. The Johnny Football persona is 100% media driven, coach Pettine even said that himself in a presser either today or yesterday. I watched the JF introductory presser and the dude IMO comes off as a humble young guy who wants to bust his ass and do whatever hes gotta do to get better and win for the Browns. Just calm the fuck down and have some patience.
Thing I don't understand about fans like you is one you won't give hoyer the chance he's earned, two it's always about the shinny new toy, and three you think drafting a qb fixes this. That formula has worked so well for the browns. They were on the right path this offseason and blew the draft, always looking at next year, as usual. And knowing that josh Gordon was out and not drafting Sammy Watkins is bone headed. So now we're stuck in the same place we have been for 15 year wait to see if a rookie qb will work out. And you can't think logically and say the Johnny football is going to come in and take them to the playoffs, change his college habits and become a new qb, and or play a full season. That pick was not smart for the team a luxury pick they can't afford. And do you really think he is going to seat and learn for one or two years. The fact of the matter it fans like you are going to bitch and moan till he is in and not ready he will come it and fall on his face. That is why qb come to Cleveland to die.
-
And to be skeptic happens when you go through 20 qb's. And to think he is God's second coming is misguides as well. And because he did well in college means nothing in the pros( Tim Tebow) won a lot of games in college and a lot of people say he was top five ever in college. He's a competitor more so than Johnny, as well as a leader and worker. And let's remember Hoyer was behind Brady- one of the best ever. So would I rather have a guy like Mike Vick, or Tom Brady, I'm going to pick the guy who is more like Tom.
-
I love reading through all this so i can get a feel for the true Browns fans. Funny thing is we went through the same debate about some redshirted freshman kid someone had nicknamed "Johnny Football" who was tearing apart the 1st team D with nothing but a scout team. None of us long suffering Aggie fans believed such a "phenom" really existed or that he was throwing a lot to some high school power forward from a basketball team with one year experience as a football player. Who could have ever guessed that two years later a Heisman winner goes to the Browns and his basketball player goes even higher to the Bucs?
Just enjoy the ride. Relax. Whatever happens will be a lot of fun to be a part of because some things he pulls off will make your head spin thinking what you just saw was not possible on this level. We thought the same thing going into our first season in the SEC. Man the last two years were fun even without any championships.
We expected no savior, but what we got was thoroughly entertaining. Keep your expectations there and anything else is gravy.
-
I can't see LJ hanging with the young Texas peckerwood
Namath played in the Muni for the first MNF game in 1970.
I'm sure there a ton of old time Browns fans who hold him in the highest regard
Yea, and he could play some football, too
-
I surely hope he will be better. Kosar was good but not great. I am tired of watching other teams with great qb's.
-
My guess is that Hoyer will start the first game and Johnny will get to play some. Once the team and coaches
work with Johnny, they will want him as the starter. He has quickness in the pocket like no other. He may be shorter than the
usual nfl quarterback, but his confidence and swagger is contagious. He is must-see TV.
-
raggedy ann isn't your boyfriend named shakety steve? yet you're 2 timing with JF?
slut.
-
I'd take a Kosar all day right now over nobody forever, but let's hope johnny goes into the hall of fame.
-
oh FFS some of you muppet browns fans I swear. Thank god I see the majority of people understand that in order for Johnny Manziel to be our franchise qb for the future, the guy that takes us deep into the playoffs perennially....he HAS to sit for AT LEAST a year. I'm actually going to be livid if I see him in there this year even if does decent. Reality is it's going to take more than a year for him to purge his bad habits from college that WILL get his ass killed in the NFL. Once he understands how and when to slouch out of a collapsing NFL pocket, like the best of em...than put him in.
My worst fear though is that after the 1st bad game HOyer puts up....the johnny chants are coming. Fucking facepalm. I'd rather us have a sub .500 season again then to prematurely put JF out there cause I think he has the potential to be "really" special in this league.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I can understand Brown fans being jaded by the hype following a new QB, but seriously...Quin? Weeden? I mean i have always saw the Browns as a team that knows how to fuck things up and they almost did Thursday. They passed on Manziel twice before getting it right the third time. I dont understand not drafting a WR either. Anyways, i kindof find it offensive when people compare Johnny with other QBs. There is no comparision. This is a completely different animal. I think all of us cant wait to see what he does with his first opportunity.
It certainly is going to be nothing short of fascinating waatching him play Everlasting.
I just want to say welcome Aggie-Browns fans to the fold! I personally am glad to have you aboard as Aggie fans know what it is like to endure absolute misery and persistent disappointments without wavering once in their support for their team. I don't give a fuck what other teams' fans say about our brownies and us fans, we are the most diehard, reverant, strong willed fans in all of professional sports. Nothing has broken our will to root for our team and nothing ever will!
I'm pumped to see how Manziel translates to the NFL. He has a couple knocks in a few areas but there is no questioning he is driven, confident, gifted, athletic, and a tough son of a bitch. I have seen some the hits he took at A&M when he takes off running and he bounces right back up like "FUCK YOU, that's all you got big guy?" At worst he will bust like all the other twenty something QBs we have started in the past 15 years and in reality we Browns fans are so numb to that occurrence anymore that is become a routine. I truely wish the best for him though as he is one of us now, I hope he embraces Cleveland and bleeds Brown and orange for the next 15 years.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I am a long time (disgruntled) Cowboys fan and i have never been into college football until one day i saw Manziel on tv and i was amazed at the plays he makes. Most exciting player i have ever seen. He makes the game fun. Very envious because i honestly thought he was staying in Texas. Alot of dissappointed Cowboys and Texan fans.
On a side note, i think he should sit the first year. Calm the hype down a little, let him mature and learn. Romo sat for 3 seasons before his first start. Keep building the pieces around him.
I agree he needs to sit for a while. But what you don't understand is this is Cleveland, and if Hoyer falters at all our fans are so rabid and passionate they will call for his head, all hell will break loose, and the Johnny football show will most likely begin.....
I would be satisfied if he sat at least 8 games.
Romo.... Bleh. I think he is way overhyped and not nearly as great as he is made out to be. He is a master choke artist when it comes time to put up or shut up. No team is going anywhere with that. Manziel on the other hand is the exact opposite. The more pressure, the greater the moment and the scrutiny at hand, the better he plays andthe better he makes those around him play.
This is going to be a fun, interesting new era in Cleveland.
The TRADER RAY era.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I am a long time (disgruntled) Cowboys fan and i have never been into college football until one day i saw Manziel on tv and i was amazed at the plays he makes. Most exciting player i have ever seen. He makes the game fun. Very envious because i honestly thought he was staying in Texas. Alot of dissappointed Cowboys and Texan fans.
On a side note, i think he should sit the first year. Calm the hype down a little, let him mature and learn. Romo sat for 3 seasons before his first start. Keep building the pieces around him.
Aren't all Cowboy fans disgruntled?
-
This is like talking about the draft forever, now this! At least hold the conversation until after the 1st preseason game.
-
Bottom line guys...Either one will make us a winner. Hoyer will most likely take better care of the football but Johnny won't go out and wreck the game. Johnny would most likely make the game more interesting. Either way we'll sneak up on some teams...punish others that we should (Shout out to Cincy, Pitt, and Ratbirds)...and get to watch some football past the first week of January.
-
I would think that any player in the NFL would have a championship as his goal. Maybe even a longer career as a starting player.
I like Bernie Kosar but he certainly gets the benefit of the Rose (or orange) colored glasses.
Then again so does my favorite Brown Brian Sipe.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

