Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • LMAO! mik

  • @roycerolls said:

    I wonder how many teams he texted that to

    If he texted it to any other team that will probably come out in the news. I honestly think he wants to be in Cleveland and he's winning me over. Not going to buy the jersey until he gets us to the playoffs, and I hate that money-sign he keeps doing, but yeah, he's a Brown now and I'm behind him 100%.

    I also disagree that Haslam is becoming Jerry Jones. Why bother hiring a GM if you plan to make those decisions? Haslam is behaving exactly as a good owner should. He's removed the people who had a me-first mentality, brought in a coach and GM who are in lock step and are football people, and empowered them to make the best decisions for the team.

    @osiris said:

    I hate that money-sign he keeps doing

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

  • @roycerolls said:

    I wonder how many teams he texted that to

    If he texted it to any other team that will probably come out in the news. I honestly think he wants to be in Cleveland and he's winning me over. Not going to buy the jersey until he gets us to the playoffs, and I hate that money-sign he keeps doing, but yeah, he's a Brown now and I'm behind him 100%.

    I also disagree that Haslam is becoming Jerry Jones. Why bother hiring a GM if you plan to make those decisions? Haslam is behaving exactly as a good owner should. He's removed the people who had a me-first mentality, brought in a coach and GM who are in lock step and are football people, and empowered them to make the best decisions for the team.

    @osiris said:

    Not going to buy the jersey until he gets us to the playoffs, and I hate that money-sign he keeps doing, but yeah, he's a Brown now and I'm behind him 100%.

    Aren't they getting new jerseys next year? I'd just wait until then regardless. I'm not sure if I should post this. Fuck jersey threads.

  • I wonder how long it will be that most every thread turns into a "Johnny will be great vs Johnny will suck" debate? Hopefully it will end soon, but I'm guessing it won't until he is either the next Steve Young, or the next Brady Quinn. Then, we will have to live through the "I told you so" threads.............. Hopefully it's the Johnny Lovers that are the ones gloating.

  • Couldn't care less if Haslam did order the pick but I'll say that the OC did a dumb thing by opening his mouth in the interview.

    I like Zegura and listen to Browns Daily often but it's hardly a reliable source if your are after some objective info since they're both employed by the Browns.

    It's just media bullshit... something to talk about.

    @2006ee said:

    nOhvUibrRAKGdNzLNf2G.png

  • @osiris said:

    I hate that money-sign he keeps doing

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

    I'll be doing it myself if he beats the Squeelers!

  • the bittersweet pill in all of this is loggains will prob get a 'better not do it again" reprimand by someone above him.

    i guess when you're from arkansas..............stoopid is as stoopid does. what'd it take some dimwit 10 mins. to ruin haslam's tight lip rule of all rookies and training camp etc.?

  • Some of you must enjoy being miserable.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

    I'll be doing it myself if he beats the Squeelers!

    @osiris said:

    I'll be doing it myself if he beats the Squeelers!

    hell the entire browns fanbase will be doing that shit from now on. at work. on the beach.

    i'll do it when i walk away from the bartender and he's looking for money. in your face nword!

  • Some of you must enjoy being miserable.

    @txdawg said:

    Some of you must enjoy being miserable.

    i know. i wish i could find a young boy to fall in love with.

    poor me.

  • @mike-h said:

    So, you're going to ban people who have different--but correct--opinions?

    This is comical. How angry are you that you were wrong? And don't give me the shit that you're rooting for Manziel to succeed. I'll find the posts later where you openly wished injury on him.

    Ban yourself, fossil.

    No, he's going to ban people that are assholes.

    @mike-h said:

    So, you're going to ban people who have different--but correct--opinions?

    This is comical. How angry are you that you were wrong? And don't give me the shit that you're rooting for Manziel to succeed. I'll find the posts later where you openly wished injury on him.

    Ban yourself, fossil.

    Sorry if you can't tell when I'm joking Mike. I can pull up another one of my posts where I said I don't even root for the Steelers players to get injured, much less any of our own.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    No, he's going to ban people that are assholes.

    That's exactly it- and WW is being an Asshole deluxe.

    @walterwhite said:

    If I got banned for showing vocal support for Manziel, then I wouldn't want to be a part of this place anyways.

    ...and Mike H is right, Hoorta did say something about hoping Manziel got hurt.

    Going to get hurt, or say there's a high probability he will get hurt with his reckless style of playing? I'd suggest a reading comprehension course.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    I'm not saying you're an asshole for being a staunch supporter of Manziel. Hell, I was onboard when we got him @22 (didn't want to touch him @4). I'm saying you're an asshole because you flame the shit out of other members that have a different opinion than yours. Good natured ribbing is what we are all about, but your antics cross the line.

    Walter obviously doesn't see it that way though.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Hoortas attitude towards manziel reminds me of gay self hatred. He has a crush on Johnny and hates himself and Johnny because of his gay crush on him.

    Sorry, you'd be dead wrong in that assumption. I don't have crushes on players anymore- the Tim Couch debacle taught me a severe lesson in that regard. He's no different than Gilbert in having to prove himself in my eyes- the difference is Manziel comes with 50 times the hype, and a ton of fanboys. I've said it once elsewhere and I'll say it here again- my horse didn't win the Kentucky derby- I've moved on, and I'm not hoping the horse that won breaks a leg either. He's part of the Browns- seriously, you crazy enough to think I want one of our first round picks to flop, just so I can say "I told you so"? That's nuts. I've never seen anything like the man-love for Manziel though. Some of his fanboys about have him in the HOF before he's ever played a down in the NFL.

    @mike-h said:

    Flying out to Hawaii for two weeks, I doubt I'll come back here when I get back. This place has really went downhill. Now Hoorta is threatening to ban people because he's so bitter--while they let Lumbergh troll here for over a year. He can't let Walter be excited and optimistic?

    Good luck to ya if I don't make it back, never minded our back-and-forths, at least you were fun to argue with--can't say the same for some others.

    I can't let Walter call everyone else that wants to take a wait and see attitude on JF a bunch of dumb asses- He needs to grow the fuck up Mike- he acts like he's around 12 or so. I certainly can tolerate dissenting opinions- he's crossed the line a bunch of times with juvenile personal attacks- and not against me either. This isn't his personal playground, He's laughed in my face about that FYI. I can tell you he'd have gotten kicked off of any other Browns forum a long time ago. BTW, we let Lumburgh hang around because he was at least intelligent and respectful. The majority of WW's posts are neither.

  • Some of you must enjoy being miserable.

    @txdawg said:

    Some of you must enjoy being miserable.

    I probably could be a lot less miserable for the next year just increasing my bike riding, instead of spending a couple of hours a day trying to keep this Board from turning into an Animal House Food Fight.

  • This guy makes a good argument that they are...

    Johnny Manziel, System QBs, and The Ghost of Case Keenum

    http://sportswunderkind.com/johnny-manziel-system-qbs-and-the-ghost-of-case-keenum/

    @holmesukraine said:

    This guy makes a good argument that they are... Johnny Manziel, System QBs, and The Ghost of Case Keenum

    Posted on September 13, 2013September 19, 2013by Jon Moore

    http://sportswunderkind.com/johnny-manziel-system-qbs-and-the-ghost-of-case-keenum/

    and this is what happens when you judge prospects based soley on stats. compare Clowney and Sam in the stats column and see what ya come up with.....gimme a freakin break.
  • What I like is Manziels attitude and him wanting to come to Cleveland. What I don't like is our QB coach doing an interview and basically going against everything our FO has said about who was making decisions.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    What I like is Manziels attitude and him wanting to come to Cleveland. What I don't like is our QB coach doing an interview and basically going against everything our FO has said about who was making decisions.

    This^. And the fact that it appears Haslam said do it. But putting pieces of the puzzle together, it sounds like Farmer was all in for him as his first choice QB, and Haslam said "better do it now then" when the 22nd pick came. That I can come to terms with better.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

    @miktoxic said:

    hell the entire browns fanbase will be doing that shit from now on. at work. on the beach.

    i'll do it when i walk away from the bartender and he's looking for money. in your face nword!

    So this could be the annoying AFCN schtick for Cleveland, eh? Steelers have stuipd towels, Ravens have a stupid chant, now Browns will be making money signs. I'm in if I can use it to piss them off.

    BTW what the hell do the Bengals have? Would that be "Who dey?"

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    What I like is Manziels attitude and him wanting to come to Cleveland. What I don't like is our QB coach doing an interview and basically going against everything our FO has said about who was making decisions.

    This^. And the fact that it appears Haslam said do it. But putting pieces of the puzzle together, it sounds like Farmer was all in for him as his first choice QB, and Haslam said "better do it now then" when the 22nd pick came. That I can come to terms with better.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    When he's doing it in the Steelers endzone after scoring a touchdown you won't

    @miktoxic said:

    hell the entire browns fanbase will be doing that shit from now on. at work. on the beach.

    i'll do it when i walk away from the bartender and he's looking for money. in your face nword!

    So this could be the annoying AFCN schtick for Cleveland, eh? Steelers have stuipd towels, Ravens have a stupid chant, now Browns will be making money signs. I'm in if I can use it to piss them off.

    BTW what the hell do the Bengals have? Would that be "Who dey?"

    @tml1138 said:

    This^. And the fact that it appears Haslam said do it. But putting pieces of the puzzle together, it sounds like Farmer was all in for him as his first choice QB, and Haslam said "better do it now then" when the 22nd pick came. That I can come to terms with better.

    So this could be the annoying AFCN schtick for Cleveland, eh? Steelers have stuipd towels, Ravens have a stupid chant, now Browns will be making money signs. I'm in if I can use it to piss them off.

    BTW what the hell do the Bengals have? Would that be "Who dey?"

    Yes, it's "who dey". That's all they say.

    Source: I live in Cincinnati and am surrounded by Bengals fans.

  • @tml1138 said:

    This^. And the fact that it appears Haslam said do it. But putting pieces of the puzzle together, it sounds like Farmer was all in for him as his first choice QB, and Haslam said "better do it now then" when the 22nd pick came. That I can come to terms with better.

    So this could be the annoying AFCN schtick for Cleveland, eh? Steelers have stuipd towels, Ravens have a stupid chant, now Browns will be making money signs. I'm in if I can use it to piss them off.

    BTW what the hell do the Bengals have? Would that be "Who dey?"

    Yes, it's "who dey". That's all they say.

    Source: I live in Cincinnati and am surrounded by Bengals fans.

    @utzie said:

    Source: I live in Cincinnati and am surrounded by Bengals fans.

    run for the hills!

  • the bittersweet pill in all of this is loggains will prob get a 'better not do it again" reprimand by someone above him.

    i guess when you're from arkansas..............stoopid is as stoopid does. what'd it take some dimwit 10 mins. to ruin haslam's tight lip rule of all rookies and training camp etc.?

    @miktoxic said:

    the bittersweet pill in all of this is loggains will prob get a 'better not do it again" reprimand by someone above him.

    i guess when you're from arkansas..............stoopid is as stoopid does. what'd it take some dimwit 10 mins. to ruin haslam's tight lip rule of all rookies and training camp etc.?

    He was probably thinking I'm in Arkansas, it won't be a big deal to give my opinion as the likelihood of it making its way to ESPN is slim to none.

    If he was talking about Gilbert or pretty much any other prospect we would've never heard about it but with JM.........

  • @miktoxic said:

    the bittersweet pill in all of this is loggains will prob get a 'better not do it again" reprimand by someone above him.

    i guess when you're from arkansas..............stoopid is as stoopid does. what'd it take some dimwit 10 mins. to ruin haslam's tight lip rule of all rookies and training camp etc.?

    He was probably thinking I'm in Arkansas, it won't be a big deal to give my opinion as the likelihood of it making its way to ESPN is slim to none.

    If he was talking about Gilbert or pretty much any other prospect we would've never heard about it but with JM.........

    @taco918 said:

    He was probably thinking I'm in Arkansas, it won't be a big deal to give my opinion as the likelihood of it making its way to ESPN is slim to none.

    If he was talking about Gilbert or pretty much any other prospect we would've never heard about it but with JM.........

    i think satellite dishes everywhere have been reprogrammed to report any utterance of the words johnny or manziel to a home base somewhere in the hills of texas which is then uplinked to espn via some keyboard stroke by some 15 year old that looks like a michael moore mini me.

    michaelmooreteamamerica.png

  • @taco918 said:

    He was probably thinking I'm in Arkansas, it won't be a big deal to give my opinion as the likelihood of it making its way to ESPN is slim to none.

    If he was talking about Gilbert or pretty much any other prospect we would've never heard about it but with JM.........

    i think satellite dishes everywhere have been reprogrammed to report any utterance of the words johnny or manziel to a home base somewhere in the hills of texas which is then uplinked to espn via some keyboard stroke by some 15 year old that looks like a michael moore mini me.

    michaelmooreteamamerica.png

    @miktoxic said:

    i think satellite dishes everywhere have been reprogrammed to report any utterance of the words johnny or manziel to a home base somewhere in the hills of texas which is then uplinked to espn via some keyboard stroke by some 15 year old that looks like a michael moore mini me.

    michaelmooreteamamerica.png

    Is this what Snowden was trying to warn us of?

    That might be my favorite movie.

  • "Thats when Haslam made the decision that they were going to trade up to get Johnny Football"

    Hopefully the reporter got this wrong, otherwise Haslam is a liar(shocker!) as he's said multiple times he was hands off and let Farmer do his job. Otherwise this move is Jerry Jones like, and that's scary...

    @hx214 said:

    "Thats when Haslam made the decision that they were going to trade up to get Johnny Football"

    Hopefully the reporter got this wrong, otherwise Haslam is a liar(shocker!) as he's said multiple times he was hands off and let Farmer do his job. Otherwise this move is Jerry Jones like, and that's scary...

    I heard parts of the interview and the browns were already trying to acquire Dallas pick at 16 and whatever Philly's pick was. After those fell through they found out KC was going to grab JF at 23 so it was after the text and then the decision was made to go up and get him because he was not going to be there at 26 and they wanted him all along. Doesn't make Haslem a liar he just gave the go ahead to go get him is what I took from the Loggains interview.