Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay. It's more then one person stroking the flame in here, and that includes Tour2ma. If you're so wise, try shutting up occasionally instead of always having to respond. Or are you like Mikey says? A douche bag.

    Ummmm... no. I do not suffer personal attacks or fools well enough to not respond. So here is my response to you...

    I am here to one, talk football, and two, have fun... in that order.

    On the former I have my points of view and others have theirs. I make my cases and others make theirs. Sometimes I may sway them to mine; sometimes they may sway me to theirs. Most often we'll part with differing opinions (hopefully better for the exchange). Some differences will be forever. Other differences will be resolved, e.g., how a rookie will pan out. That there are those here incapable of either tolerating the existence of a difference of opinion or awaiting resolution is not my problem.

    Anyone who has read what I have posted here about JM would know that my "3rd string" comment was an example of my latter reason to be here. The fact that WW, or anyone else, could not see it for what it was, is not my problem. The fact that it caused WW to blow a gasket is not my problem.

    Does the above make me a "douche bag"? Not in my opinion, but if it does in yours... I can live with that.

  • Downward spiral of a thread...

    JF partying. Some like it and some don't. Some think he's actually doing what anyone his age would do given the chance, others think he's been given an opportunity that shouldn't be squandered and should be held to a higher level of standards than your typical 21 year old.

    As long as he gets the job done on the field, either way works for me. My preference is for a guy who's more professional, but I'm also nearly twice his age. In the end just win damnit.

    Some people need all weekend to study for Monday's big exam. Others are good enough to not worry about it, then just walk in and ace the test the same as the guy who studied his brains out.

    @gftchris said:

    Just for 'clowncunt' - 😁

    LOL... agree. Not often you see a new slur of that quality...

    @tml1138 said:

    JF partying. Some like it and some don't.

    Third possibility... some don't care.

  • @scdawg82 said:

    I guess, if he didnt do anything illegal. He wasn't posting pictures of himself snorting cocaine or hooking up with prostitutes... I dont care!!! and no one should? The freakin sports world has gotten STUPID. ESPN is a joke anymore. A few years ago they were reporting on Jay Culter's girlfriend problems? I haven't found cable tv worth paying for in a number years, but, is that where we are at...? I'm interested in hearing about what's being done on the football team! I'm glad he had a fun weekend! Hope EVERYONE did!! If he's back at work on Tuesday, WHO GIVES AN CRAP?

    The ex NFL players basically said it's because he is a QB, and the only 2014 drafted QB that partied. All the others spent a day out of the limelight, or even making news by not going home (Twatwater) and studying his ass off. They also asked if young QBs like Luck, RG3, ect... were doing the same thing, and the answer was no. When asked why Gronk wasn't getting hammered, they said because he's a TE and judged differently then the future face of the team QB.

    Again, fair or not, it's his reality and he is not without guilt in building the monster. He didn't build it by himself, the media has helped, but he is accountable.

    @d-bone said:

    The ex NFL players basically said it's because he is a QB, and the only 2014 drafted QB that partied. All the others spent a day out of the limelight, or even making news by not going home (Twatwater) and studying his ass off. They also asked if young QBs like Luck, RG3, ect... were doing the same thing, and the answer was no. When asked why Gronk wasn't getting hammered, they said because he's a TE and judged differently then the future face of the team QB.

    Again, fair or not, it's his reality and he is not without guilt in building the monster. He didn't build it by himself, the media has helped, but he is accountable.

    The simple fact is, nobody gives a rats ass what Bridgewater and Bortles were doing this weekend. Not even Vikings and Jax fans.

    JFF though, well... you shouldn't give a fuck what he is doing but the media wants you to. Why? Cause when you click, watch, comment, they make $$$. If you hate him and you are shaking your fist and his absurd ability to drink on a holiday weekend or if you love him and are heading to defend him from the "haters" you are clicking the links, watching the story. It will only stop when people stop caring on both fronts. That will only happen probably when he is dead. He ends up being great and the savior of Cleveland? Get ready for more trolls coming out to make a dime off of him. He ends up sucking? Well might as well start a daily "I told you so" column. Either way you are gonna get paid by running behind the tracks of the JFF train.

    There hasn't been such a polarizing figure in sports in years. The funny thing is its almost 100% completely hyped up bullshit to get you to click, for both the haters and the fanboys.

  • You know what Colt and Weeden don't have in common with Johnny. They were married. Single QBs in the NFL are pretty rare. Only 5 multi-year players are single (unmarried) starting QBs. Newton, Luck, Rodgers, Kaepernick. Bradford.

    Rookie QB's have recently been predominately single (a la Geno, Manuel last year. RGIII was not married when drafted as well). It seems many are off the market within the first year or two of their NFL careers. Not surprising to say the least. All three Quarterbacks drafted in the first round of this month's draft are all single as well (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater). Now assuming Bortles and his model girlfriend get married in the near future. It would leave Teddy and Johnny as the unwed.

    This post isn't about the rookie though. It is about the 5 notable starters listed above and how their record is marginally better than the average. It may be a total coincidence but the single quarterbacks who have played at least two seasons have a 58.7% win percentage (140.5-98.5). 4 of those Quarterbacks had a playoff team last season. Aaron Rodgers, the longest tenured of the group has a 67% Win percentage.

    Suppose Johnny plays and he continues to excel. He does not look like he is slowing down socially and won't be settling down any time soon. Even if all of these stats are a fluke. I am sure the lack of stress of dealing with a wife or kids at home is one any professional athlete could appreciate. Johnny hasn't found Mrs. Football yet and we might not want him to for a while.

  • Well... it is an angle not discussed here as yet...

    So it has that going for it...

  • Different distractions, being married or being single. I'm not sure one is better than the other; a case could be made both ways IMO.

  • If he's smart he will stay single for a decade or so.

  • I'd expect the married QBs to be better - less off field distractions/issues. Maybe I'm wrong though.

  • well gay marriage is allowed in minnesota so there's nothing stopping teddy.

    hell mccoy had a whole family when he was drafted by the browns. i would think that would be way more distracting than being a single guy like JM with really the only care in the world is how you do on the football field.

    weeden doesn't even deserve discussing. some of us knew that he was a rock kicker from the get go.

  • Well as Steve Wyche said this morning on NFL AM, "He's the gift that keeps on giving.". implying of course that he is great for the media commentators. Lot of truth there.

  • If he's smart he will stay single for a decade or so.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If he's smart he will stay single for a decade or so.

    and when he wants to tie the knot he can borrow one of his celeb friends' lawyers to do the pre-nup.

  • http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/05/25/johnny-manziel-champagne-rainstorm-in-vegas-nightclub

    you can move this if it's redundant.. PS Fox News is just about to do a piece on him in a couple minutes. WSS

  • I give up... what page?

  • I give up... what page?

    @tour2ma said:

    I give up... what page?

    page?

    I just click the link and it went to the shower of champagne.

    the Fox use was pretty much middle of the road.

    WSS

  • 4.5- Although I think it could be had sooner. Btw, your name is still Douche Nozzle. That name makes me laugh.

  • 5

  • My attitudes mimics Doris Day's: Que sera, sera.

    It would be great for JFF to become the reincarnation of Otto Graham, but nothing I do, nothing that I say, or think will affect the outcome of his career.

  • assuming he gets to play, and avoids serious injury

    Surprisingly good year 1.

    Not so great year 2 but ok.

    Year 3 solid.

    Year 4 possible pro bowl.

    Year 5 - whenever elite.

    In my opinion.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I give up... what page?

    page?

    I just click the link and it went to the shower of champagne.

    the Fox use was pretty much middle of the road.

    WSS

    EDIT: Holy thread merge Batman!

    @westside-steve said:

    page?

    I just click the link and it went to the shower of champagne.

    lol... and I click it and top story is:

    "Floyd Mayweather Jr.

    I Told T.I. ... 'These Hos Ain't Loyal' "

  • Different distractions, being married or being single. I'm not sure one is better than the other; a case could be made both ways IMO.

    TyperWoods said:

    Different distractions, being married or being single. I'm not sure one is better than the other; a case could be made both ways IMO.

    Agree... If ready to settle down, then marry. If not, then don't.

    I would suggest not following the path of your pseudo-namesake, i.e., marry and then act like you are not.