Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
For those commenting about how Weedon was all-pro in training camp...
...historically the bigger the pressure the more JFF has shined.
-
So a gay professor isn't allowed to sandwich is penis in between a series of genius references?
That answers that question.
-
YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).
-
There's a part in this article where it talks about Shannahan molding his offense around RG3 and how it worked really well until he got hurt. I'd like to think he learned from that and is now trying to build a stable of QBs with similar characteristics so that if one goes down they don't have to throw out the playbook.
Is it way off base to say that in some respects Hoyer is the QB Shannahan would like Manziel to be? Except better, of course. Read first, run second. Hoyer's not afraid to scramble (as we saw when he got injured) but it seems he'll always first try to find the open guy first.
-
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
Even I do not see your summary falling out of that article.
@everlastingxxx said:
Yea, this is a really good article on him.
Texas Monthly is a damn good mag...
I see completely different situations in a college red-shirt, who has no hope of seeing the field on game day, and an NFL back-up, who has to prepare as if he is the starter so that he is ready at a moment's notice. Accordingly I would expect JM to react differently now than he did two years ago. If he does not, then he has even more growing up to do than I have thought he does.
-
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
Even I do not see your summary falling out of that article.
@everlastingxxx said:
Yea, this is a really good article on him.
Texas Monthly is a damn good mag...
I see completely different situations in a college red-shirt, who has no hope of seeing the field on game day, and an NFL back-up, who has to prepare as if he is the starter so that he is ready at a moment's notice. Accordingly I would expect JM to react differently now than he did two years ago. If he does not, then he has even more growing up to do than I have thought he does.
-
YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).
YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).
Well, to say that the YO ranch is in Kerrville may not be accurate. It may be more accurate to say that Kerrville is in the YO Ranch....at least originally. I believe the original YO ranch was over 100,000 acres large....probably the size of Delaware or something, I think it is still about 69K acres. It IS located just outside of Kerrville physically. The YO Lodge is in Kerrville.
Schreiner University in Kerrville is named after the founder of the YO ranch.
OK, so my statement that the YO ranch is the largest employer in Kerrville may be anecdotal and historical. That entity has dominated the town historically however....being as large as it is, having the University there named after its founder, having the largest hotel in town being named after it. etc.
-
Final Answers:
4. He is the only John(ny) in the Top 20 in career interceptions with 57. Name him.
Johnny Robinson LB for the Packers, a recent HOF inductee
I remembered a Dave Robinson, a HOF LB with the Pack, but Johnny??? Also 57 INTs seems awfully high for a LB?
Checked and turns out Johnnie was a DB with the AFL Dallas Texans/ KC Chiefs. Dave had 27 INTs.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RobiJo00.htm
9. Name any O Lineman named John...or a derivation thereof who are in the PFHOF.
John Hanna and...
Pisses me off that I missed this one...
-
Ok, I'll agree with the historical, anecdotal part. I never lived in that area of Texas but I think Kerrville has changed a lot as has a lot of Texas. There still are quite a few very large ranches particularly in west Texas.
-
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
Even I do not see your summary falling out of that article.
@everlastingxxx said:
Yea, this is a really good article on him.
Texas Monthly is a damn good mag...
I see completely different situations in a college red-shirt, who has no hope of seeing the field on game day, and an NFL back-up, who has to prepare as if he is the starter so that he is ready at a moment's notice. Accordingly I would expect JM to react differently now than he did two years ago. If he does not, then he has even more growing up to do than I have thought he does.
I see completely different situations in a college red-shirt, who has no hope of seeing the field on game day, and an NFL back-up, who has to prepare as if he is the starter so that he is ready at a moment's notice. Accordingly I would expect JM to react differently now than he did two years ago. If he does not, then he has even more growing up to do than I have thought he does.
Yup- the NFL is a job. If JF football thinks he can beat out Hoyer, great- but he has to realize it's up to Pettine and Shanahan to decide when he's ready.
-
YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).
Well, to say that the YO ranch is in Kerrville may not be accurate. It may be more accurate to say that Kerrville is in the YO Ranch....at least originally. I believe the original YO ranch was over 100,000 acres large....probably the size of Delaware or something, I think it is still about 69K acres. It IS located just outside of Kerrville physically. The YO Lodge is in Kerrville.
Schreiner University in Kerrville is named after the founder of the YO ranch.
OK, so my statement that the YO ranch is the largest employer in Kerrville may be anecdotal and historical. That entity has dominated the town historically however....being as large as it is, having the University there named after its founder, having the largest hotel in town being named after it. etc.
Well, to say that the YO ranch is in Kerrville may not be accurate. It may be more accurate to say that Kerrville is in the YO Ranch....at least originally. I believe the original YO ranch was over 100,000 acres large....probably the size of Delaware or something, I think it is still about 69K acres. It IS located just outside of Kerrville physically. The YO Lodge is in Kerrville.
Schreiner University in Kerrville is named after the founder of the YO ranch.
OK, so my statement that the YO ranch is the largest employer in Kerrville may be anecdotal and historical. That entity has dominated the town historically however....being as large as it is, having the University there named after its founder, having the largest hotel in town being named after it. etc.
Things in Texas are larger! Texas A&M University campus encompasses 5,550 acres.
-
I've lived away from Texas for 14 years now, but still subscribe to Texas Monthly.
-
i'm hearing from old friends back in my network that they're working on a JF graphic novel....
JF vs. the undead.........which i took as JF vs. the steelers defense. old skeletons with rotting flesh but with nice wavy hair.
-
Sometimes I can't tell if you are joking and being sarcastic mik
-
-
-
I go on vacation for a week and you start another thread on this shit. It was bad enough to see people wearing his shirts in TX and OK but seriously guys? Can we just kill this till training camp?
I go on vacation for a week and you start another thread on this shit. It was bad enough to see people wearing his shirts in TX and OK but seriously guys? Can we just kill this till training camp?
Well, since you were away, I explained 822 posts were quite enough for one thread. If you're already bored about the JF talk, don't read this thread- we're going to keep all the Manziel Mania contained in one active place.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
