Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @vikesguy05 said:

    I suppose you'd rather him roll bills in a public bathroom?

    i'd rather see my young dumb QB with a rolled up dolla dolla bill y'all instead of him dressed up like a woman.

    @miktoxic said:

    i'd rather see my young dumb QB with a rolled up dolla dolla bill y'all instead of him dressed up like a woman.

    ......

    post-28424-0-33713300-1408550222_thumb.jpg

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

    So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

    @cdl15 said:

    So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

  • @cdl15 said:

    So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    Not at all. There should always be compitition at every position. If what Pettine says is true that Hoyer has been in the lead to start from day 1 and that has never changed then by this farse of a compitition has done nothing but hinder our opening day starter from getting ready. Sharing reps with 1st teamers flipflopping in preseason games.

    I get sick of the Browns doing things you never ever see other teams do. No other team woulda handled things this way.

  • When we drafted the Finger, I instantly had the same reaction as I did when we traded up and took the Dancing Momba at #3 two years earlier............ Immediate disappointment, bordering on disgust.

    So I'll go on record right here, right now and say............" I regret the Browns drafting the Finger."

  • I don't think there's any regret at this point.

    Maybe disappointment in how the whole Team is playing so far.

    Biggest issue I'm seeing on O right now is the timing looks off a bit.

    Let's see what happens Saturday before we all move to the ledge . . . .

    @jafbf said:

    Let's see what happens this season before we all move to the ledge . . . .

    FIFY. 🙂

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    Not at all. There should always be compitition at every position. If what Pettine says is true that Hoyer has been in the lead to start from day 1 and that has never changed then by this farse of a compitition has done nothing but hinder our opening day starter from getting ready. Sharing reps with 1st teamers flipflopping in preseason games.

    I get sick of the Browns doing things you never ever see other teams do. No other team woulda handled things this way.

    @cdl15 said:

    Not at all. There should always be compitition at every position. If what Pettine says is true that Hoyer has been in the lead to start from day 1 and that has never changed then by this farse of a compitition has done nothing but hinder our opening day starter from getting ready. Sharing reps with 1st teamers flipflopping in preseason games.

    I get sick of the Browns doing things you never ever see other teams do. No other team woulda handled things this way.

    yeah but what other way COULD they have handled it?

    you thought the outcries from JF fans were crazy given the open competition, imagine if they would have said from day one JF is going to be the backup and that's that.

    naming hoyer as the starter now is smart because there was a competition, manziel lost and let them focus totally with hoyer with the ones to try and get SOME type of offense set in stone before pittsburgh week one.

  • @cdl15 said:

    So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    I don't think the media "spotlight" was the issue for Hoyer. I think the staff's mixed messages and the split reps were the issue.

    With the decision made and the reps assigned accordingly I expect to see improvement... starting SAturday when Hoyer should see a solid half and at least a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

    @miktoxic said:

    ... there was a competition, manziel lost...

    Not sensing that a major chunk of the "fandom" is agreeing with that...

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

    I don't think the media "spotlight" was the issue for Hoyer. I think the staff's mixed messages and the split reps were the issue.

    With the decision made and the reps assigned accordingly I expect to see improvement... starting SAturday when Hoyer should see a solid half and at least a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

    @miktoxic said:

    ... there was a competition, manziel lost...

    Not sensing that a major chunk of the "fandom" is agreeing with that...

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't think the media "spotlight" was the issue for Hoyer. I think the staff's mixed messages and the split reps were the issue.

    With the decision made and the reps assigned accordingly I expect to see improvement... starting SAturday when Hoyer should see a solid half and at least a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

    Not sensing that a major chunk of the "fandom" is agreeing with that...

    I think this is most likely the heart of the problem.

  • I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

  • Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

  • @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    For real......especially since he couldn't even win the starting job on one of the worst teams in the league or from a 5 year backup who has performed poorly throughout camp and both games so far......

    Woulda been much better for him to just go to Texas or Dallas, where he woulda been handed the job and the keys to the city and would NOT have to waste his party time actually working, studying, competing, etc.....really....

  • If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread

    Even if its true its unlikely to happen while his trade value is as low as humanly possible.

    I believe that Pettine / Farmer never wanted the turd and that Haslam with some Shanahan influence forced the issue. Id bet money on that. If I am right hopefully Jimmy learns to stay out of football decisions.

  • I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

    @johnny-football said:

    I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

    I wish this really was you so that you could see what a fucktard most people think you are.

  • It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

    @jrb12711 said:

    It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

    Exactly. JF still has a lot of growing up to do, both as a player and a person. The finger was sandlot, and the Redskins were laughing about how easy it was to get him flustered after he played poorly. Manziel is a smart kid- but playing NFL qb and the playbook is 5X harder than at A&M. I'm not ready to throw JF under the bus- yet.

    @kvoethe said:

    This is one great thing about the rookie salary cap. If JF doesnt pan out, we havent blown the bankroll

    Yup.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ah, Jerrah will take him off your hands for a 5th rounder next year. Make the deal.

    Of course Philly and Seattle would give up 4th rounders for a good backup in the high octane offenses they run. They are both a snap away from needing a JM. You might even get them to throw in a real RT for the O as a bonus. Hoyer's gonna need it.

    LOL AG- you mean if Hoyer doesn't pan out, Jerrah- please give us your first for JF That gives us 3 first rounders next year. Hello Winston, Hundley, or Marriotta. BTW, the last time the Cowboys played in Cleveland, plenty of Browns fans shot Jerry the bird- he was sitting in the luxury box right behind us. Seriously, I think you have it about right on Johnny's current trade value.

    @thenew23 said:

    What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

    How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

    Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

    Vibe? Here's a Vibe. You can get a used one for around $13k 🙂

    2004_pontiac_vibe_4dr_car_96635317912977

    @d-bone said:

    When we drafted the Finger, I instantly had the same reaction as I did when we traded up and took the Dancing Momba at #3 two years earlier............ Immediate disappointment, bordering on disgust.

    So I'll go on record right here, right now and say............" I regret the Browns drafting the Finger."

    Sort of the feeling I had- we're drafting a problem child who may or may not pan out.

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Aw gee, disappointed Johnny is what we (Browns fans) thought he is- a project that ran a sandlot offense at A&M putting up big numbers? Where's that guy who said "Manziel coulda beat out a (in their prime) Kurt Warner, or Tony Romo? Right now? Talk about unrealistic expectations. BTW jayjay Pettine has forgotten more about football than you know.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertantly left of at the beginning of his screen name.

  • jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertantly left of at the beginning of his screen name.

    @jcam222 said:

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertently left of at the beginning of his screen name.

    Zombo has already kicked a bunch of the JFF one trick ponies out.

    At least the SC Shaw fans who showed up after Monday night are being realistic, and talking FOOTBALL, not how unbelievably great their man crush is.

  • We are pretty happy with Bridgewater. 😁

    @vikesguy05 said:

    We are pretty happy with Bridgewater. 😁

    Good for you! Don't forget to lock the bathroom door when you rub one off!

    WSS

  • only a moron like pettine would be upset over this.....i guess browns fans never played sports.....trash talking goes on from little league on up......maybe pettine saw this as an excuse to give homey hoyer the job.....he sure as hell didn't earn it......

  • We have 2 first round picks next year...Winston, Mariota, Mannion, Hundley...
    So Johnny pick basically a throw away unless he turns into the next coming of Russ Wilson...

    Oh, Cleveland...