Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

  • Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

  • @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    For real......especially since he couldn't even win the starting job on one of the worst teams in the league or from a 5 year backup who has performed poorly throughout camp and both games so far......

    Woulda been much better for him to just go to Texas or Dallas, where he woulda been handed the job and the keys to the city and would NOT have to waste his party time actually working, studying, competing, etc.....really....

  • If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread

    Even if its true its unlikely to happen while his trade value is as low as humanly possible.

    I believe that Pettine / Farmer never wanted the turd and that Haslam with some Shanahan influence forced the issue. Id bet money on that. If I am right hopefully Jimmy learns to stay out of football decisions.

  • I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

    @johnny-football said:

    I think this organzation regrets coming back to Cleveland.

    I wish this really was you so that you could see what a fucktard most people think you are.

  • It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

    @jrb12711 said:

    It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

    Exactly. JF still has a lot of growing up to do, both as a player and a person. The finger was sandlot, and the Redskins were laughing about how easy it was to get him flustered after he played poorly. Manziel is a smart kid- but playing NFL qb and the playbook is 5X harder than at A&M. I'm not ready to throw JF under the bus- yet.

    @kvoethe said:

    This is one great thing about the rookie salary cap. If JF doesnt pan out, we havent blown the bankroll

    Yup.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ah, Jerrah will take him off your hands for a 5th rounder next year. Make the deal.

    Of course Philly and Seattle would give up 4th rounders for a good backup in the high octane offenses they run. They are both a snap away from needing a JM. You might even get them to throw in a real RT for the O as a bonus. Hoyer's gonna need it.

    LOL AG- you mean if Hoyer doesn't pan out, Jerrah- please give us your first for JF That gives us 3 first rounders next year. Hello Winston, Hundley, or Marriotta. BTW, the last time the Cowboys played in Cleveland, plenty of Browns fans shot Jerry the bird- he was sitting in the luxury box right behind us. Seriously, I think you have it about right on Johnny's current trade value.

    @thenew23 said:

    What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

    How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

    Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

    Vibe? Here's a Vibe. You can get a used one for around $13k 🙂

    2004_pontiac_vibe_4dr_car_96635317912977

    @d-bone said:

    When we drafted the Finger, I instantly had the same reaction as I did when we traded up and took the Dancing Momba at #3 two years earlier............ Immediate disappointment, bordering on disgust.

    So I'll go on record right here, right now and say............" I regret the Browns drafting the Finger."

    Sort of the feeling I had- we're drafting a problem child who may or may not pan out.

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Aw gee, disappointed Johnny is what we (Browns fans) thought he is- a project that ran a sandlot offense at A&M putting up big numbers? Where's that guy who said "Manziel coulda beat out a (in their prime) Kurt Warner, or Tony Romo? Right now? Talk about unrealistic expectations. BTW jayjay Pettine has forgotten more about football than you know.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

    I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertantly left of at the beginning of his screen name.

  • jayjay said:

    i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertantly left of at the beginning of his screen name.

    @jcam222 said:

    Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertently left of at the beginning of his screen name.

    Zombo has already kicked a bunch of the JFF one trick ponies out.

    At least the SC Shaw fans who showed up after Monday night are being realistic, and talking FOOTBALL, not how unbelievably great their man crush is.

  • We are pretty happy with Bridgewater. 😁

    @vikesguy05 said:

    We are pretty happy with Bridgewater. 😁

    Good for you! Don't forget to lock the bathroom door when you rub one off!

    WSS

  • only a moron like pettine would be upset over this.....i guess browns fans never played sports.....trash talking goes on from little league on up......maybe pettine saw this as an excuse to give homey hoyer the job.....he sure as hell didn't earn it......

  • We have 2 first round picks next year...Winston, Mariota, Mannion, Hundley...
    So Johnny pick basically a throw away unless he turns into the next coming of Russ Wilson...

    Oh, Cleveland...

  • So eat some kimchee.

  • So eat some kimchee.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So eat some kimchee.

    Go suck on your mammies depleated sagging milk bags

  • They are your wifes, full of kimchee and cum.

  • @walterwhite said:

    No you fucking dummy, I just get the vibe they are regretting it.

    What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

    How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

    Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

    @thenew23 said:

    What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

    How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

    Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

    Its a crappy car made by Pontiac.

  • I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

    so....its to be expected now? Funny how you and Walter changed your tunes when you realized how right us haters were.

    We were jealous....homers....haters for not worshipping at the alter of scrambles.

    Sad part is, an I told you so comes along with another struggling rookie QB. So please, why not harken back to Saturday when you said the Lil guy does everything better than hoyer?

  • Who really cares? They picked him and we're stuck with him. I still hope he's a hall of famer. Hate his fans but hope he's a great one so long as he's wearing brown and orange.

  • Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    Do they make breathalyzers for PCs?

    @jcam222 said:

    Lol welcome to the " I made a dumbass knee jerk post club". Virtually every member of the board belongs to it. Welcome

    Now there's a T-shirt idea...

  • This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.

    Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.

    For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.

    Tom Brady gives a Fuck

    Payton Manning gives a Fuck

    Andrew Luck gives a Fuck

    " rel="external nofollow">

    @wudupdawg said:

    I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.

    Yup... why would you need a football team when you have Johnny Fucking Football to validate your manhood...

    @mudfly said:

    Plenty of pro's have done this over the years and they have also received the same criticism..... This isnt some double standard created by intense media scrutiny, this was freaking Monday Night Football....in front of millions of people and cameras.....and he KNOWS they are watching, yet still acts the fool....

    If I was at the biggest interview / audition of my life....and the whole world was watching.....and it was being televised world wide.....and my bosses and coaches and fans were all watching every step(and I knew it).......then I wouldnt do something stupid like that.....

    Bottom line........immature is immature and quality stands up to scrutiny..(no matter how intense)

    Really well put... really, really well put...