Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
This is worst case scenario. Hoyer has one bad game and we're talking JFF again. This team just cannot hang on to any continuity. Unfortunately it might be Hoyer and his fucking agents fault...which is just mystifying to me. Fuck I'm so irritated about this. Are we really gonna start this QB roulette now? We're staring a season implosion right in the face.
-
Losing to Pittsburgh and Baltimore aren't "Great Games" and that Titans game was a mess and you know it. Thank God Locker went out.
I would not be surprised to see Manziel play some on Sunday, but would be shocked if Manziel "replaced" Hoyer. Once you make that move the circus begins and its hard to go back. That's a tough decision to make mid-game.
Truth is Brian has put the Browns in a bad spot with this contract issue and his recent play. Weird balance of winning now and planning for the future. Have to be realistic about playoff chances here and what you want to do with Brian.Losing to Pittsburgh and Baltimore aren't "Great Games"
Stockton, you are 100% correct.
It's never "great" to lose
-
Do you guys remember the games we played a few years back against these teams
-
We ate dog shit
-
I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday
-
I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday
I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday
But the coaches know what a slippery slope that is. Manziel comes in for one series and its 3 and out, no big deal Hoyer comes in and everything is fine. Manziel comes in for one drive and does some Manziel-ian things and leads the team to a energy injecting score.....you can't go back to Hoyer. Thats the problem. That would force their hand, and they don't want to be in that position.
-
Manziel just offers what Hoyer doesn't....
The ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays with his feet.
If the offensive line is going to play good, then go with Hoyer.
If the offensive line is going to suck dicks, you go with Manziel so he can avoid the pressure.
-
if manziel comes in it won't be for long. sounds like they want to mix things up a bit to keep the defense on their toes and guessing.
if he comes in for a series or two and lights it up, then there's a discussion.
-
I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday
But the coaches know what a slippery slope that is. Manziel comes in for one series and its 3 and out, no big deal Hoyer comes in and everything is fine. Manziel comes in for one drive and does some Manziel-ian things and leads the team to a energy injecting score.....you can't go back to Hoyer. Thats the problem. That would force their hand, and they don't want to be in that position.
But the coaches know what a slippery slope that is. Manziel comes in for one series and its 3 and out, no big deal Hoyer comes in and everything is fine. Manziel comes in for one drive and does some Manziel-ian things and leads the team to a energy injecting score.....you can't go back to Hoyer. Thats the problem. That would force their hand, and they don't want to be in that position.
I completely disagree. You can say Manziel was ready for a short stint in the game, but not ready to start every week in the NFL. That is probably more the truth anyway...
-
If JF comes in the game, I hope its not those same crap plays they gave him the first couple of times. I for one would like to see where he's at in his progression. He's one play away from having to come in and lead this team. He needs some game time to get ready for that. I think he could have been used in the Jacksonville game, but I understand they had to see if Hoyer had another big comeback in him. Best case scenario is Hoyer leads team to a big lead, and Johnny gets to mop up. (I can dream can't I)
-
Dumbest move ever. How many QB's confidence must our FO destroy every year? If he has to look over his shoulder then pack it up. We are fucked.
-
Dumbest move ever. How many QB's confidence must our FO destroy every year? If he has to look over his shoulder then pack it up. We are fucked.
-
The writing has been on the wall since they drafted Manziel. A lot of fans got a chubby when the team was 3-2, thinking 11-5 was a reality, but this team is what it is. What has always scared me is the simple fact that guys who get paid a lot of money to evaluate players thought, and maybe still think, Johnny Manziel is the answer. I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.
-
The writing has been on the wall since they drafted Manziel. A lot of fans got a chubby when the team was 3-2, thinking 11-5 was a reality, but this team is what it is. What has always scared me is the simple fact that guys who get paid a lot of money to evaluate players thought, and maybe still think, Johnny Manziel is the answer. I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.
I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.
You're already wrong seeing has how he's not 5'9 but rather 5'11 3/4 and weighs 210 not 195.
A suspect mind? Who the fuck are you, Dr. Phil?
Below average arm? It's probably better than Hoyer's in all honesty. The underthrow to Gabriel was living prooof Hoyer doesn't have a great arm.
He had a better preseason than Hoyer you genius.
I'm saying if Hoyer shits the bed vs. Tampa and Oakland, you go with Manziel to see what he can do
-
Manziel just offers what Hoyer doesn't....
The ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays with his feet.
If the offensive line is going to play good, then go with Hoyer.
If the offensive line is going to suck dicks, you go with Manziel so he can avoid the pressure.
Manziel just offers what Hoyer doesn't....
The ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays with his feet.
If the offensive line is going to play good, then go with Hoyer.
If the offensive line is going to suck dicks, you go with Manziel so he can avoid the pressure.
Fucking brilliant. Nevermind that the kid is still an extremely raw rookie that opposing NFL defenses will FORCE to remain in the pocket. He'll have to make throws, pure and simple. To date, he's not shown the ability
to even come close to consistently doing that.
-
I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.
You're already wrong seeing has how he's not 5'9 but rather 5'11 3/4 and weighs 210 not 195.
A suspect mind? Who the fuck are you, Dr. Phil?
Below average arm? It's probably better than Hoyer's in all honesty. The underthrow to Gabriel was living prooof Hoyer doesn't have a great arm.
He had a better preseason than Hoyer you genius.
I'm saying if Hoyer shits the bed vs. Tampa and Oakland, you go with Manziel to see what he can do
You're already wrong seeing has how he's not 5'9 but rather 5'11 3/4 and weighs 210 not 195.
A suspect mind? Who the fuck are you, Dr. Phil?
Below average arm? It's probably better than Hoyer's in all honesty. The underthrow to Gabriel was living prooof Hoyer doesn't have a great arm.
He had a better preseason than Hoyer you genius.
I'm saying if Hoyer shits the bed vs. Tampa and Oakland, you go with Manziel to see what he can do
Sumlin's offense could be run by a guy off the street.
I never said Hoyer has a strong arm, so saying Manziel throws it harder than Pennington doesn't me he's Warren Moon.
Manziel's pre-season was primarily against 2nd and 3rd string, against the #1's game 3 he was suspect.
-
Manziel just offers what Hoyer doesn't....
The ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays with his feet.
If the offensive line is going to play good, then go with Hoyer.
If the offensive line is going to suck dicks, you go with Manziel so he can avoid the pressure.
Fucking brilliant. Nevermind that the kid is still an extremely raw rookie that opposing NFL defenses will FORCE to remain in the pocket. He'll have to make throws, pure and simple. To date, he's not shown the ability
to even come close to consistently doing that.
He'll have to make throws, pure and simple. To date, he's not shown the ability
to even come close to consistently doing that.
And Brian Hoyer proved on Sunday he can't consistently do that with a wide open Jordan Cameron and Taylor Gabriel.
You have to make those throws. That's 14 points left off the board.
My argument for Manziel is that if Hoyer does this again against Tampa & Oakland, you have to go with Manziel.
Hoyer has 0 mobility so at least Manziel will be able to extend plays
-
As poorly as Brian played the two gifts in the red zone were the killers.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login