Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Welcome back thread...

  • It's johnny time - no ifs, ands, or buts.

    Hoyer is a great backup and can win games, but we need to find out if JFF is elite

  • I like Hoyer.He is an average quarterback at best.Thats why he has bounced around the league never doing anything. He was involved in a few games that they won,but mostly lousy teams that the Browns made look good. They still have a slight chance to make the playoffs,but not with Hoyers lousy play. I hope he stays with us as a backup,but I doubt it.I look forward to Manziel being our starter.I really think he is going to light things up,and be hard to defend!

  • Oh god there's a whole new slew of Johnny slurpers here ... Ugh

  • We are Johnny Football. Where that leads, who knows? But we are.

    Embrace it

  • I like Hoyer.He is an average quarterback at best.Thats why he has bounced around the league never doing anything. He was involved in a few games that they won,but mostly lousy teams that the Browns made look good. They still have a slight chance to make the playoffs,but not with Hoyers lousy play. I hope he stays with us as a backup,but I doubt it.I look forward to Manziel being our starter.I really think he is going to light things up,and be hard to defend!

    @j-glasgo said:

    I like Hoyer.He is an average quarterback at best.Thats why he has bounced around the league never doing anything. He was involved in a few games that they won,but mostly lousy teams that the Browns made look good. They still have a slight chance to make the playoffs,but not with Hoyers lousy play. I hope he stays with us as a backup,but I doubt it.I look forward to Manziel being our starter.I really think he is going to light things up,and be hard to defend!

    Ya I don't know about all that, but I hope for the best. It's been said since TC that it's Hoyer's job to lose, and with the last three stinkers I think he's done just that. Sunday seems like three weeks away
  • Oh god there's a whole new slew of Johnny slurpers here ... Ugh

    @upper-lip said:

    Oh god there's a whole new slew of Johnny slurpers here ... Ugh

    That's how it is on da bandwagon.

    Personally, I had never heard of Johnny Scramble before the draft coz I live on the other side of the planet, and I don't pay any attention to college football, or the news, or the gossip pages.

    I just watched his play in the preseason, with him an Hoyer playing equally poorly, making the choice of going with Hoyer was the right choice.

    CLE is now in a situation where they need to see what they have in Johnny Scramble.

    Yes, he will struggle and make mistakes but he needs to play the rest of the season.

    If he leads the offense to 27 points against the Colts like who did last week?

    ummmmm, -- Colt McCoy, then CLE will may have a chance to win at home.

    IND is averaging 32 points per game (PPG).

    CLE is allowing 20 PPG.

    All in all, a curious situational irony is playing out here, coz CLE was second in the bidding for RG3 who is now benched in favor of Colt McCoy who just got his first "real" start with WAS against IND last week.

  • ManzielSucks said:

    Like he said he won't change for anyone... Not even to make himself a better QB.

    Now you are making yourself appear totally ignorant. He has changed every year I have seen him play. He wants to be a better QB a lot more than you appear to want him to be a better quarterback. Get off you high horse and start supporting this team (and last I looked JF is a part of that team).

  • ManzielSucks said:

    Like he said he won't change for anyone... Not even to make himself a better QB.

    Now you are making yourself appear totally ignorant. He has changed every year I have seen him play. He wants to be a better QB a lot more than you appear to want him to be a better quarterback. Get off you high horse and start supporting this team (and last I looked JF is a part of that team).

    @texasag1969 said:

    Get off you high horse and start supporting this team (and last I looked JF is a part of that team).

    Oh god, the irony...

  • If Manziel plays on Sunday, I fully expect a messy, sloppy performance. There will be moments of brilliance, but overall it will be laden with mistakes.

    That's the problem with putting the rookie in for his first start with four games left and a last-ditch effort to make the playoffs. You can't honestly expect him to be gangbusters right out of the gate... And he's in a position where he's gonna need to be if the Browns want to keep their post-season hopes alive. I think if he truly was going to offer more than Hoyer at this point, that he would have had a chance by now to do so.

    I can't deny that I was excited to see him come in yesterday. And I'll support whoever Pettine and company decide to go with. But I don't think this as as cut-and-dry of a situation as many are making it out to be. Hoyer is again that safer choice he's been all season long and Manziel is that boom/bust option that could really pay off, or kill all hope.

  • If Manziel plays on Sunday, I fully expect a messy, sloppy performance. There will be moments of brilliance, but overall it will be laden with mistakes.

    That's the problem with putting the rookie in for his first start with four games left and a last-ditch effort to make the playoffs. You can't honestly expect him to be gangbusters right out of the gate... And he's in a position where he's gonna need to be if the Browns want to keep their post-season hopes alive. I think if he truly was going to offer more than Hoyer at this point, that he would have had a chance by now to do so.

    I can't deny that I was excited to see him come in yesterday. And I'll support whoever Pettine and company decide to go with. But I don't think this as as cut-and-dry of a situation as many are making it out to be. Hoyer is again that safer choice he's been all season long and Manziel is that boom/bust option that could really pay off, or kill all hope.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    If Manziel plays on Sunday, I fully expect a messy, sloppy performance. There will be moments of brilliance, but overall it will be laden with mistakes.

    That's the problem with putting the rookie in for his first start with four games left and a last-ditch effort to make the playoffs. You can't honestly expect him to be gangbusters right out of the gate... And he's in a position where he's gonna need to be if the Browns want to keep their post-season hopes alive. I think if he truly was going to offer more than Hoyer at this point, that he would have had a chance by now to do so.

    I can't deny that I was excited to see him come in yesterday. And I'll support whoever Pettine and company decide to go with. But I don't think this as as cut-and-dry of a situation as many are making it out to be. Hoyer is again that safer choice he's been all season long and Manziel is that boom/bust option that could really pay off, or kill all hope.

    It definitely isn't cut and dry. We have 4 critically important games to keep playing beyond December - Manziel is a risk to the season, but again what are your chances with a guy who has been playing well below average the past few weeks?

    I'm suspecting Hoyer gets the call come Wednesday and people rage, but I think starting Sunday for Hoyer means he gets the half...Despite his early season 2nd half brilliance he probably won't be getting a chance to demonstrate that again if we fall behind and struggle to move the ball.

  • Hey there folks, I'm Billy Cool. I'm new here, but a legit Browns fan, and attend most home games. I also write/record stupid songs. Today, I took the opportunity to put together a little Christmas parody about our man Johnny Football. Hopefully, you'll get a chuckle out of it.

    https://soundcloud.com/billy-cool/i-saw-johnny-playing-quarterback

    Lyrics:

    I saw Johnny playing quarterback

    After Hoyer threw another pick

    Well, he marched right down the field

    Hoyer's fate is sealed

    And the Cleveland fans are pumped up;

    because Johnny's at the wheel!

    I saw Johnny playing Quarterback

    Pettine made the call and it feels so right

    The Brownies are on track

    The glory days are comin' on back

    No more 2nd string QBs whose passing skills laaaaack!

    I saw Johnny playing Quarterback

    Oh what fun it'll be to watch him win

    Oh those days are done

    Watching Cleveland's favorite son

    Now Johnny's gonna have the dawg pound;

    Rockin' at the Stadium

    I see Johnny in the Super Bowl

    Shining like a star under the lights

    As he runs for the winning play

    Everybody will move out of the way

    And Johnny is the Hero of the game!

    The real Mr. Hero of the game!

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    If Manziel plays on Sunday, I fully expect a messy, sloppy performance. There will be moments of brilliance, but overall it will be laden with mistakes.

    That's the problem with putting the rookie in for his first start with four games left and a last-ditch effort to make the playoffs. You can't honestly expect him to be gangbusters right out of the gate... And he's in a position where he's gonna need to be if the Browns want to keep their post-season hopes alive. I think if he truly was going to offer more than Hoyer at this point, that he would have had a chance by now to do so.

    I can't deny that I was excited to see him come in yesterday. And I'll support whoever Pettine and company decide to go with. But I don't think this as as cut-and-dry of a situation as many are making it out to be. Hoyer is again that safer choice he's been all season long and Manziel is that boom/bust option that could really pay off, or kill all hope.

    It definitely isn't cut and dry. We have 4 critically important games to keep playing beyond December - Manziel is a risk to the season, but again what are your chances with a guy who has been playing well below average the past few weeks?

    I'm suspecting Hoyer gets the call come Wednesday and people rage, but I think starting Sunday for Hoyer means he gets the half...Despite his early season 2nd half brilliance he probably won't be getting a chance to demonstrate that again if we fall behind and struggle to move the ball.

    @bbedward said:

    It definitely isn't cut and dry. We have 4 critically important games to keep playing beyond December - Manziel is a risk to the season, but again what are your chances with a guy who has been playing well below average the past few weeks?

    I'm suspecting Hoyer gets the call come Wednesday and people rage, but I think starting Sunday for Hoyer means he gets the half...Despite his early season 2nd half brilliance he probably won't be getting a chance to demonstrate that again if we fall behind and struggle to move the ball.

    Id have no issues with hoyer having the first half to prove himself. Sink or swim buddy. Your last shot. Earn it.

  • Faded said:

    once-in-a-decade talent

    Easy Stocky

  • Faded said:

    "Once-in-decade-talent" as a description for Manziel in college is easy to defend...

    Too bad he no longer plays in college. Before you anoint him the greatest ever, maybe we better see how he plays in the NFL for say, oh I don't know, at least a quarter.

  • This Front Office has not shied away from making tough decisions so I do expect that JM will get the nod. Do you really think Hoyer can beat the colts? I don't. Manziel might not either but with his energy and spark, who knows for sure? It's a gamble but at least we get to see what we have in our rookie QB for next season. As I've said in earlier treads, I don't expect to see Hoyer playing for the Browns next year.

  • I made it about 10 seconds....the rest of you?

  • 19 sec

  • But welcome to the board

  • What kind of fucking goober takes the time to make shit like this?