Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
About the rest of the offense (and pass rush and punt returning and placekicking) stepping it up, yes, but it's also part of what happens when we're down to our 4th center, who's actually more a back-up tackle than center, 3rd and 4th TEs, rookie RBs and Josh Gordon's post-suspensions good and bad, which was the case for Hoyer's games last year, too. Even aside from injuries, which always happen to a degree, there were valid reasons why this was supposed to be another 10+ loss season and why we were going to see JFF by game 4.
I'll support and be excited with Hoyer or Manziel, but all that makes Hoyer at 7-5/9-5/10-5 at least respectable no matter how much credit/blame he should get (I prefer leaning toward credit considering the previous 15 years of QBs) and even you think JFF gives us the best shot to win now.
The make-up/injuries of the roster probably made Pettine more likely to stay with Hoyer because, like it or not, game managing, great defense, re-finding the +2, +3 turnover games and staying close enough for 1 or 2 more Hoyer comeback drives add up to our best shot for the next four games.
-
Tour-I seem to recall Colt McCoy, the current starter in Wash. was once a Brown. I thought he had good long term potential but needed the kind of guidance that JM is now getting under Pettine. I thought he came in too early and left too soon with the Browns. As he has gotten older he has developed a stronger passing arm and is maturing as a QB who is reading defenses better now. Am I wrong?
PS- and starting Weeden as a rookie over McCoy was the kiss of death for Weeden, so now he is elsewhere as a backup. I was mostly thinking about the most recent 2 cases when I made that statement.
Tour-I seem to recall Colt McCoy, the current starter in Wash. was once a Brown. I thought he had good long term potential but needed the kind of guidance that JM is now getting under Pettine. I thought he came in too early and left too soon with the Browns. As he has gotten older he has developed a stronger passing arm and is maturing as a QB who is reading defenses better now. Am I wrong?
PS- and starting Weeden as a rookie over McCoy was the kiss of death for Weeden, so now he is elsewhere as a backup. I was mostly thinking about the most recent 2 cases when I made that statement.
I was with you on Colt until the bitter end. As a rook he was pressed into service after our 1 and 2 QBs (Delhomme and Wallace) went down with high ankle sprains. He then played relatively well through 2011 before Harrison laid him out.
2012 brought Wheezy (drafted in a FO panic move... close on the heels of the earlier, trade-up-for-TR, panic move) and a sham competition to start in Shurmur's vertical scheme. In Colt's last appearance for us, he was over-throwing the ball and produced more worm-burners than completions. May have been his futile attempt to overcome his "noodle-arm" moniker, which IMO was always hyperbolic, and earn the regain job.
Speculation on my part, but I think we now see that Colt's arm was never right when he was with us. It was still healing from the Bowl game, nerve damage injury. His arm showed signs of being more "live" last year in SF; it shows more signs now.
Bottom line... Colt was given a last chance... and did not look the part.
While I agree a rookie can be ruined by starting too early, IMO, Wheezy never had "it". And you can't ruin what was never there. You can't give up prematurely on what is never there.
-
One year older, one year wiser.

-
One year older, one year wiser.

-
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
-
I just noticed it was his birthday a couple hours ago. saw it with other today's birthdays in an email advertising something. I was going to post it but didn't.
WSS
-
it's also the birthday of Agnes Moorehead. So there.
I posted that just to piss off the fans of Margaret Hamilton.
WSS
-
Happy bday future Browns HOF QB!
-
so if jm wants a birthday bj all he has to do is look on this board. there are probably a few that are more than willing. good luck fan boys on your quest.
-
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
1988. 1992. Either way lolZombo said:
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
-
1988. 1992. Either way lolZombo said:
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
1988. 1992. Either way lol
I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.
Zombo
-
1988. 1992. Either way lol
I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.
Zombo
Probably not. He seems to have some athleitic ability.

-
Zombo said:
I see the confusion ... My name is Johnny M., and I was 22 in 1986. So I meant '86, not '88. Johnny born '92 ... I wonder if I knew his Mom, traveled to Texas quite a bit.
Zombo
Probably not. He seems to have some athleitic ability.

-
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
Zombo said:
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
4 years older than you then....
blistered the sun with the skins of ass i threw away back then. but did do my own travels through the southwest on the way to AZ.
if manziel was a blond haired blue eyed uber kind then i might have something to talk to him about.
-
Zombo said:
I doubt he reads the board, why are you wishing him a Happy Birthday? Just because we needed another QB thread? Oh, Walter.
Let's see 22 years old, that was 1988 for this Johnny M. I was partying my ass off, traveling all over the country and nailing everything that moved. So we got that in common.
Zombo
--But I wasn't second string.
4 years older than you then....
blistered the sun with the skins of ass i threw away back then. but did do my own travels through the southwest on the way to AZ.
if manziel was a blond haired blue eyed uber kind then i might have something to talk to him about.
4 years older than you then....
blistered the sun with the skins of ass i threw away back then. but did do my own travels through the southwest on the way to AZ.
if manziel was a blond haired blue eyed uber kind then i might have something to talk to him about.
Lol. Well Johnny and I are the same size, same dark hair, big schnoz, ugly mug ... but Peen has me on the athletic ability thing ...although I did have quick wrist action in Air Hockey.
Z
-
Rumor has it that when the doctor tried to slap JF on the ass right after birth, johnny had a different idea, and instead slapped the doctor, with his cock. He then proceeded to run through the hospital raw dogging every big breasted nurse he could find. Only stopping to blow a couple lines of coke, and chug a few tall boys.
-
Rumor has it that when the doctor tried to slap JF on the ass right after birth, johnny had a different idea, and instead slapped the doctor, with his cock. He then proceeded to run through the hospital raw dogging every big breasted nurse he could find. Only stopping to blow a couple lines of coke, and chug a few tall boys.
Rumor has it that when the doctor tried to slap JF on the ass right after birth..
Thought you were going to go with:
"... but Johnny faked left, went right and the Doc never laid a glove on him."
-
Dallas writer travels to Kerrville, TX and finds:
In the town where he learned to play football, Johnny Manziel is just as polarizing as he is everywhere else.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login