Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
-
Boy, all this stuff is getting old and we're not even through one full season.
Just another ring in the circus, D...
It's Pettine's team... period.
If the expectations have been clearly delineated and JM is choosing to fall short of any of them, then Pettine is perfectly within his rights to get JM to fall into line. Even if that meant putting a bit player on the PS and activating Shaw, then he should do it.
Now what are reasonable expectations? Different question...
Setting a time to show up on Game Day based upon team need, and not another player's routine, is reasonable.
Requiring a player to sleep the night before a game may not be reasonable. Players get keyed up and can't sleep. It happens. It's different from fighting to stay awake so they can "tweet".
Questioning a mid-week, evening at a Cav's home game? Not reasonable... unless the job performance is very, very bad.
JF, that little cocky shit, has had 5 minutes and scored a running TD that would have been beyond Hoyer's abilities.
So tell me again who needs to buy into who? Pettine needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He has a Joe Namath/Bobby Lane on his hands and has no clue.
Wow... you are really feeling your oats now... aren't you?
Pettine needs to buy into JM's lifestyle? Really? Have you ever supervised anyone in your life? Were you in the Corps?
Didn't Sumlin sit JM for a bit after reaming him out for drawing a taunting penalty?
Really? I didn't see him throw off his back foot (I'd like to see the replay because it actually appeared his feet were almost parallel to the LOS and he threw off his back heels) into double coverage when there was no real pressure. How could he possibly blame himself for Hoyer's supreme FU of the day (even worse than the two wide open TD overthrows)?
The footwork was dismal. The throw likely inaccurate to some degree as a result.
Does not change the fact that if Cam did not undercut the DBs as designed, he shares in the blame for the INT.
Just another ring in the circus, D...
It's Pettine's team... period.
If the expectations have been clearly delineated and JM is choosing to fall short of any of them, then Pettine is perfectly within his rights to get JM to fall into line. Even if that meant putting a bit player on the PS and activating Shaw, then he should do it.
Now what are reasonable expectations? Different question...
Setting a time to show up on Game Day based upon team need, and not another player's routine, is reasonable.
Requiring a player to sleep the night before a game may not be reasonable. Players get keyed up and can't sleep. It happens. It's different from fighting to stay awake so they can "tweet".
Questioning a mid-week, evening at a Cav's home game? Not reasonable... unless the job performance is very, very bad.
Wow... you are really feeling your oats now... aren't you?
Pettine needs to buy into JM's lifestyle? Really? Have you ever supervised anyone in your life? Were you in the Corps?
Didn't Sumlin sit JM for a bit after reaming him out for drawing a taunting penalty?
The footwork was dismal. The throw likely inaccurate to some degree as a result.
Does not change the fact that if Cam did not undercut the DBs as designed, he shares in the blame for the INT.
Wrong. It's Haslem's team and haslem is the boss. I think we all know jimmy haslem isn't afraid to break the rules.
-
By not doing what the FO and HC require of him off the field, he is costing us on the field because they won't put him in until he bucks up. There you go.
Ok..........What are his requirements? What rules did he break? You guys don't know any facts, and you're killing the kid for it.
Ok..........What are his requirements? What rules did he break? You guys don't know any facts, and you're killing the kid for it.
I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?
-
I'd be less surprised to see pettine out in the cold than johnny.
-
As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....
And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....
And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....
Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....
so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....
BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....
Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....
As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....
And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....
And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....
Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....
so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....
BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....
Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....
Here ya go(dickface).....post #27......read and comprehend.....
He's immature.....and it's not even a question, but a fact.....figure it out.....
-
Ok..........What are his requirements? What rules did he break? You guys don't know any facts, and you're killing the kid for it.
I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?
I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?
Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.
-
I don't know much about JFF except what I have read in here, and very little anywhere else. I think he comes from a well to do/rich family. He is probably spoiled rotten and used to getting his own way. Odds are he won't change his ways if that is the case. So as long as he performs, screw it. The coach is not his father. As long as he is on time and shows up, and gives 100 percent that is all that matters. Like I said before, these guys are not high school/college players, they are pros.
-
I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?
Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.
Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.
or.....work to get him in line and to start putting team first....I think we all want to see him play,but just wish he'd be a bit more focused on football
-
As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....
And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....
And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....
Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....
so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....
BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....
Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....
Here ya go(dickface).....post #27......read and comprehend.....
He's immature.....and it's not even a question, but a fact.....figure it out.....
-
I don't know much about JFF except what I have read in here, and very little anywhere else. I think he comes from a well to do/rich family. He is probably spoiled rotten and used to getting his own way. Odds are he won't change his ways if that is the case. So as long as he performs, screw it. The coach is not his father. As long as he is on time and shows up, and gives 100 percent that is all that matters. Like I said before, these guys are not high school/college players, they are pros.
Like I said before, these guys are not high school/college players, they are pros.
Exactly.....so why act like a HS or college kid, when you are supposed to be a professional?
-
It's just a matter of perspective...... If your boss doesn't trust you, then there is a problem.....
And if you dont respond to your bosses concerns, then there is a BIG problem....
Different generation maybe, but responsibility & maturity still have the same definitions as they did yesteryear.....
That's a cop out. I want to know what Johnny has done to negatively impact this team this year.
That's a cop out. I want to know what Johnny has done to negatively impact this team this year.
Can I play? How about losing vs. "the playbook"?
-
I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?
Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.
Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance
I'd be surprised if he does think that now, I expect JF to be to be brought into his office today and told this is your chance, buck up or you're done.
-
You're all forgetting who is the boss. Who pulls the strings. Who decided to draft manziel when coach wanted to pass? Who signs Pettine's paychecks? I could see jimmy haslem ditching pettine and hiring Jim harbaugh. And straight up directing him to start Johnny.
-
As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....
And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....
And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....
Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....
so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....
BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....
Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....
-
It says he's disrespecting his team by not putting them ahead of his own agenda......
What part dont you understand?
It says he's disrespecting his team by not putting them ahead of his own agenda......
What part dont you understand?
I guess my point is this. He isn't breaking any rules. He hasn't been fined for being late, or anything else that I'm aware of. If Pettine just doesn't like him because of his background or the way he smirks, or something, that is tough. The guy was hired and is doing his job. Plenty of athletes flaunt their wealth driving Bentleys, living in mansions, hanging with stars, etc.
-
Mudfly, I think Kevin Sumlin's greatest coaching move was realizing what he had in Manziel. He made him the starter despite the following:
1. He got arrested in the previous summer.
2. johnny was a redshirt freshman who had never played and Sumlin had an experienced guy who everyone "expected" to be the starter.
3. His team was in its first year in the SEC, and was expected to fail, making the experienced guy the safe pick.
4. Much of what Johnny can do cannot be fully seen in practice, because plays are blown dead when someone gets near the qb, precisely the time Johnny makes huge game-changing plays.
Sumlin didn't love johnny's off-field activities, but they were essentially harmless and DIDN'T BREAK TEAM RULES.
The results of Sumlin's choice are well-documented..
-
Brian hoyer is disrespecting his team by playing like garbage and throwing everyone under the bus. How do you think the receivers feel about that?
-
This.......Where did this come from? Details......I need them.
Clearly you dont understand simple english....""disrespect"".....look it up. Really, you're just boring me now.
I think he's irresponsible and unprofessional.....and you dont.
And I think if you're paid millions to do a job, you should respect your bosses guidelines....and you dont.
Lets agree to disagree and just move on....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login