Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Well again, of the two quarterbacks we have on the roster which one was out for a year due to an injury sustained while running the ball?
WSS
Which wasn't even a designed called. I'd say that further illustrates protecting the QB at all costs.
-
Hoorta
The Texans not drafting him has mothing to do with how good he is or will be. Every team passed on Tom Brady and Joe Montana at least once. Does that mean they weren't good?
Manziel is SO good that he's the only qb under 6 feet to be drafted in the first round in over 50 years. Teams are scared of small qb's, that's why so many passed on him.
As well as lsu did against Johnny, the Aggies could have won in 2012, maybe should have won. In 2013, Johnny played with a fractured thumb.
As for rolling to his left, I've seen few better at throwing while rolling left, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can think of 4 of his most famous Aggie highlights happening while rolling left. He rolled left against Buffalo once and threw a perfect pass to Austin.
As for rolling to his left, I've seen few better at throwing while rolling left, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can think of 4 of his most famous Aggie highlights happening while rolling left. He rolled left against Buffalo once and threw a perfect pass to Austin.
He was rolling to his left when he threw wide to Benji.
GO BROWNS!!
-
Cool stories Texas bros. Keep us informed when Johnny continues his domination of college ball...
the NFL is a man's league. I saw johnny pimples getting runned down by DE in preseason. Again... it don't mean squat. Please keep your college domination posts to a minimum because we've heard it a thousand times.
-
There is no need for an apostrophe in Evans.
-
I can only imagine how high the "bounty" is to knock this kid out. You know there are some vets that would love to get a piece of meat and be that guy. Yeah, I know, you can't have a bounty anymore.....and you can't say midget. Going to a bar in CentFL to watch the kid's debut. I wish he'd absolutely drill Lewis with an incomplete pass on their sidelines as he's going out of bounds. From maybe 8 yards out.
-
I don't think JF will get killed. Nobody said that about Russell Wilson and he's shorter than Manziel. Also Drew Bree's is only 6'0" and he's a hall of famer. This gives the organization a chance to look ahead and see what we need in the draft. Like they should have back in May when they drafted Manziel.
You're citing Big-10 QB's. On this board the Big 10 is infallible. Johnny has football semse you can't teach. Look at the TD run against Buffalo. He knew he was going to get hit so he turned his back to that side in mid air to protect himself. That is instinct.
BTW, Johnny played in the SEC and most of the country is sick of how dominating they have been since 2005. Many of the posters here have no idea about the depth and intensity of SEC football. OSU comes somewhat close but as for the rest - LSU beat Wisconsin with a bunch of freshmen in their first game ever. What does that say.
Sit back and watch JFF run roughshod over Cincy and pass like a demon. Marvin Lewis won't know what hit him and he sure won't have an answer. Midget indeed.
Look at the TD run against Buffalo. He knew he was going to get hit so he turned his back to that side in mid air to protect himself. That is instinct.
i recall miles austin adjusting in mid-air to protect himself as well in the same game. i think they just released his kidneys to him in a jar.
-
Good call PE. Gordon is more talented than Evans. So I would answer the question with yes he could be. Will Gordon return to Gordon form is the better question
-
Well again, of the two quarterbacks we have on the roster which one was out for a year due to an injury sustained while running the ball?
Which wasn't even a designed called. I'd say that further illustrates protecting the QB at all costs.
Im not so sure he'll get hurt just because he runs or is an inch shorter.....It seems to me that QB's standing in the pocket are more susceptible to getting hurt, as they are often exposed and blindsided.....at least runners are prepared, anticipating the hit, trying to avoid it, etc....
And he is very elusive....so lots of glancing blows.....
Im sure IF he gets hurt, a lot of folks will claim his style or size is the reason, even though QB's go down every week for a million different reasons....big ones, pocket passers, runners....they all get hit
Brian got hurt sliding, not cause he was hit.....RGIII got hurt and he was just running, and also wasn't hit.....shit just happens...
So....let's assume he'll take some lumps....it's the NFL.....but I have no reason to think he's any more or any less susceptible than any other QB.....
-
Hoorta
The Texans not drafting him has mothing to do with how good he is or will be. Every team passed on Tom Brady and Joe Montana at least once. Does that mean they weren't good?
Manziel is SO good that he's the only qb under 6 feet to be drafted in the first round in over 50 years. Teams are scared of small qb's, that's why so many passed on him.
As well as lsu did against Johnny, the Aggies could have won in 2012, maybe should have won. In 2013, Johnny played with a fractured thumb.
As for rolling to his left, I've seen few better at throwing while rolling left, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can think of 4 of his most famous Aggie highlights happening while rolling left. He rolled left against Buffalo once and threw a perfect pass to Austin.
Hoorta
The Texans not drafting him has mothing to do with how good he is or will be. Every team passed on Tom Brady and Joe Montana at least once. Does that mean they weren't good?
Manziel is SO good that he's the only qb under 6 feet to be drafted in the first round in over 50 years. Teams are scared of small qb's, that's why so many passed on him.
As well as lsu did against Johnny, the Aggies could have won in 2012, maybe should have won. In 2013, Johnny played with a fractured thumb.
As for rolling to his left, I've seen few better at throwing while rolling left, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can think of 4 of his most famous Aggie highlights happening while rolling left. He rolled left against Buffalo once and threw a perfect pass to Austin.
Gosh sakes, Manziel not getting drafted #1 overall had EVERYTHING to do what NFL teams (not College Fanboys) thought his eventual pro potential would be. RE: Brady & Montana- I've beat that argument into the ground already too. Pro scouts & GMs have a checklist of what they think qbs should be. Andrew Luck checked off all the boxes- it's why he went #1 overall, Brady, Montana, AND Manziel didn't. Well wah, wah- IF JFF was 3" taller, and had the off field demeanor of Mariota, he may well have been drafted #1 overall. He isn't, doesn't- that that's the facts, Jack. Yeah Dan Marino fell in the draft because of off field concerns- so get it through your head I'm not saying Manziel can't be a good, or even great qb in the NFL- he's got to prove it on the field too. In my case I'll believe he's the greatest thing to hit the NFL since the facemask when he's in the top 10 in qbr for a couple of years, and leads the Browns into the playoffs a couple of times.
Let me point out a few things for you- I'm probably as big an Ohio State Homer as the A&M fans who have invaded of late, and I go back to the days of Paul Warfield, John Brockington, and Woody Hayes.
Manziel won a Heisman. So? Archie Griffin won two. How did that work out in the pros?
I was certain Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson was going to be the next Bruce Smith- well, guess I was wrong about that.
It's the same reason why JFFs apologists not only can't see why he wasn't drafted #1 overall- they're blind to the flaws in his game at the pro level- and trust me they're there- IF you're being 1\2 objective about it. Johnny Jump ball to triple teamed Evans won't work in the NFL- taking off when your primary receiver is covered will sooner or later land you on IR. It only takes one mistake (RGIII) or fluke situation (Hoyer, Mack). Even guys as big as Kapernick and Newton are showing the wear and tear of getting pounded by taking off running. JF must learn, as Russell Wilson has- run if you HAVE to, not because you can. He's a smart kid- I really hope he's learned a thing or two since August.
So the best way to set your boy up for success in skeptics' eyes is to raise expectations?
Browns fans do not care whether JM wins us the game as long as we win the game.
We do not care how much faith you or any other JM follower have in him.
We do not care how much money he has made you.
JM not losing us the game is our "bar".
See how easy his job really is?
May he not lose us many, many games for years to come. If he wins some, too, and makes you a few more bucks... all the better.
Go Browns...
Exactly.
He was rolling to his left when he threw wide to Benji.
GO BROWNS!!
A sample size of one. I'm not going to bother to list all the other JF shortcomings that were duly noted in his preseason games. He's had three months of quarterback boot camp to correct them.
-
Well again, of the two quarterbacks we have on the roster which one was out for a year due to an injury sustained while running the ball?
WSS
exactly why we don't need another.
-
I think the shorter runners are less likely to get injured then the taller lankier ones.
-
The above goes into detail about the Buffalo td drive. Not sure how to post links.
The below link is from before the draft and talks about Houston's decision for the first pick and how Bill O'Brien likes "prototypical" qb's.
Here's something from the second article I wasn't aware of.
" Manziel attempted the highest percentage of passes covering 20 yards or longer among the consensus top four quarterback prospects, a whopping 18.69 percent of his throws, according to Greg Peshek of Rotoworld.
Manziel completed 55.84 percent of those shot plays, also the top mark and better than Bridgewater, Bortles and Carr."
56% completion on all 20+ yard throws.
One last thing, you don't know what you're talking about with Evans jump balls. Those passes(maybe 5) accounted for maybe 100-200 yards of his 8000. I will gladly stop talking about college stuff, but I can't let you rewrite history with false information.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
The worst part will be the instant evaluations after his first start.
Unless he looks GREAT!......right?

-
Well Mike Pettine seems to want to know how it works out for sure.
And guess why JF was not at the Cavs game last night (end of the article).
Doesn't that little shit know the expectations of late nights out and TMZ?
-
Everlasting, have you ever noticed Johnny having a problem throwing while rolling left, or heard that that was a weakness?
-
@everlastingxxx said:
The worst part will be the instant evaluations after his first start.
Unless he looks GREAT!......right?

Unless he looks GREAT!......right?

Lol. Yes, the evaluations are he'll be a phenom because he had a touchdown drive against buffalo.
I'm willing to give him a full season unless he's shitting the bed for numerous games in a row. Gotta get a good sample size to see how he'll compete.
I just wonder how he's going to handle the cold and wind.
-
I think he'll handle the cold fine. Seems pretty gritty to me.
Ill give him the same thing I gave Hoyer(and Weeden), which is plenty of time.....Id say through next season at least to get a read....unless he's a superstar or extremely bad from day 1....and that would be GREAT..... or terrible
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I have heard that before but i havent noticed it myself. I think its a tougher throw for any right handed QB because of the body/feet motion.
One of his most memorable IMO was his double okie-doke right spin he did versus Miss St to avoid a sack (twice) and rolled left threw it down field on a near rope to the sideline a couple of yards beyond the marker. I think A&M was 3rd and 25.
Linked to his throw. (BTW, those highlights show a ton of long throws...it also shows him throwing off his back foot. =/ )
-
LOL... someone's gonna bite Marv's ankle...
Ever notice that the Brownie even looks a little like Johnny?
No...
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login