Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
I hope he gets the treatment he needs.....but yeah you knew it was coming....I don't think not partying will make him taller, his arm stronger or smarter.
-
I wouldn't kick him to the curb yet.
-
Well, after watching Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith discuss Johnny on their show, they seem to think Johnny has MORE than an alcohol problem. They seemed to be insinuating drug usage without coming right out and saying so.
Well, he wasn't rolling that dollar bill because it was going to fit better in a stripper's twat.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Well, he wasn't rolling that dollar bill because it was going to fit better in a stripper's twat.
Zombo
Lmao spat my water out when I read this
-
As some have said this is just the first step, albeit the most important. You can't turn you life around until you look in the mirror and admit it needs turning around.
This guy is more of a fighter than most here give credit for. He will learn a lot and be given a lot of tools to continue the process AFTER rehab. This is a good thing for him and the Browns.
He has far more skills than most here realize as a QB or the front office would have closed the door long ago. I tend to rely on folks like Haden and Dansby to tell me that rather than internet web site members who have not been at practices against him every day to give me an informed opinion.
-
well if they can put him on the rack in this 'rehab' and stretch him 3-4 inches and insert a node into his brain which allows him to pick up the offense and read defenses then i say stick with him.
-
As some have said this is just the first step, albeit the most important. You can't turn you life around until you look in the mirror and admit it needs turning around.
This guy is more of a fighter than most here give credit for. He will learn a lot and be given a lot of tools to continue the process AFTER rehab. This is a good thing for him and the Browns.
He has far more skills than most here realize as a QB or the front office would have closed the door long ago. I tend to rely on folks like Haden and Dansby to tell me that rather than internet web site members who have not been at practices against him every day to give me an informed opinion.
As some have said this is just the first step, albeit the most important. You can't turn you life around until you look in the mirror and admit it needs turning around.
This guy is more of a fighter than most here give credit for. He will learn a lot and be given a lot of tools to continue the process AFTER rehab. This is a good thing for him and the Browns.
He has far more skills than most here realize as a QB or the front office would have closed the door long ago. I tend to rely on folks like Haden and Dansby to tell me that rather than internet web site members who have not been at practices against him every day to give me an informed opinion.
All of those things are wonderful but as someone else said here earlier...rehab isn't going to make him taller or his arm stronger.
Could potentially be the greatest comeback in the history of the NFL if he can actually live up to the hype. I don't see it happening though but if he is still on the Browns, I hope it does since that means we're winning games.
-
Dude waited until after the Super Bowl so he could party his ass off last night.
My sentiments exactly, it's also too bad that Heckert and Holmgren didn't consult with me before selecting Brandon Weeden.
I've been against the Manziel pick from the beginning. Bridgewater was my guy.
Which one got rookie of the year and which one was nearly run out of town after 6 quarters of the worst
QB play since the merger?
But it's okay, if you're not an NFL exec. then you can't evaluate talent.
Best leave it to the pros, like the guys who selected Couch, Wynn, McCown, Frye, Quinn, McCoy, Weeden, Manziel....
Man, you really nailed it there. Bridgewater sure turned that franchise around.
Can't believe they won it all last night. Crazy shit. Good for the Vikings.
Man, you really nailed it there. Bridgewater sure turned that franchise around.
Can't believe they won it all last night. Crazy shit. Good for the Vikings.
cant take anything away from the Vikes, but it's a real shame that cleveland couldn't close that game out.
I can't believe they didn't give Crowell the ball at the 1 yard line...
-
Rehab is for quitters
Bermeck (bad taste, but funny)
-
Zombo said:
Zombo
--I hope turns the corner and kicks ass.
I hope someone kicks his ass in the rehab place and he can never play for the Browns again.
I hope someone kicks his ass in the rehab place and he can never play for the Browns again.
Oh how many chances have we given Puffy Gordon? Johnny deserves at least one. Look at the positive- he'll have plenty of time to study the new playbook.
Well, after watching Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith discuss Johnny on their show, they seem to think Johnny has MORE than an alcohol problem. They seemed to be insinuating drug usage without coming right out and saying so.
See below.
Zombo said:
Well, he wasn't rolling that dollar bill because it was going to fit better in a stripper's twat.
Zombo
Nailed it.
Lol I drank a 12 pack in the rehab parking lot before checking in 25 years ago. Felt like I needed that last hurrah. I've been sober since.
Great for you. But I've heard plenty of stories about guys nailing a 12 pack the minute they got out of rehab. Here's the poster girl.

-
You can go to the finest rehabilitation center in the world. Bottom line is you HAVE TO WANT to quit. No one is going to make you quit.
-
You can go to the finest rehabilitation center in the world. Bottom line is you HAVE TO WANT to quit. No one is going to make you quit.
You can go to the finest rehabilitation center in the world. Bottom line is you HAVE TO WANT to quit. No one is going to make you quit.
Totally agree. I hope he wants to. Its always hard to do but even more difficulty for a early twenties kid.
IMO I don't think he'll make it. He hasn't shown that he has what it takes between the ears. I hope he gets clean. Still think he's a shit qb but I hope for his sake he can get the help he needs.
-
You can go to the finest rehabilitation center in the world. Bottom line is you HAVE TO WANT to quit. No one is going to make you quit.
You can go to the finest rehabilitation center in the world. Bottom line is you HAVE TO WANT to quit. No one is going to make you quit.
You bet!
The most positive step in all this is that in order to actually go to rehab he had to check his ego at the door knowing all the things he said in the national spotlight about living his own life his way which obviously did not work out so well. His first step was far harder than any of us would have to make with the same problem because none of us has to live their life in a fishbowl like he has done since winning the Heisman. This step is a most humiliating, public eating of humble pie for a guy who didn't even like the name Johnny Football.
I told hoorta in a pm a few weeks back that this is the one thing I wanted to see happen. I made those thoughts more public here as a retired professional counselor in hopes that maybe he would see it (since I know he used to visit the texags.com website anonymously when playing there). I don't know that he did, but this is exactly the step he needs to make. They will teach him there how to keep making the subsequent steps as anyone here who has faced these kinds of problems can attest.
-
Seriously if there is a positive aspect at all it would be that Johnny truly and sincerely wants to make the most of his opportunity.
I don't personally put a lot of faith in rehab clinics and don't believe they have a very high rate of success. Also I believe the type of alcoholism that could maybe be helped in a clinical situation would be actual physical dependence that builds up over many years. I think we like to believe that any bad habit is an addiction. It makes lack of willpower and poor choices seem something other than what they are.
WSS
-
Man, you really nailed it there. Bridgewater sure turned that franchise around.
Can't believe they won it all last night. Crazy shit. Good for the Vikings.
cant take anything away from the Vikes, but it's a real shame that cleveland couldn't close that game out.
I can't believe they didn't give Crowell the ball at the 1 yard line...
cant take anything away from the Vikes, but it's a real shame that cleveland couldn't close that game out.
I can't believe they didn't give Crowell the ball at the 1 yard line...
Bad coaching, man. Do you expect anything less?
-
Good for him. Football is one thing, life is another. Very proud of the kid. If football is in his cards so be it. Life is more important.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login