Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything good be said about Johnny. Lame.

    @wargograw said:

    Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything good be said about Johnny. Lame.

    Johnny needs to do something that warrants something good to be said about him.....football wise at least.

    Hate to be crass....but his personal problems are his personal problems....not ours. (and honestly, I wish a lot of these personal problems that players have would be more private) Our only real interest in him is that he perform well for the Cleveland Browns.

    (not that we don't wish him well personally....its just that that really is of no concern to us)

  • @wargograw said:

    Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything good be said about Johnny. Lame.

    Johnny needs to do something that warrants something good to be said about him.....football wise at least.

    Hate to be crass....but his personal problems are his personal problems....not ours. (and honestly, I wish a lot of these personal problems that players have would be more private) Our only real interest in him is that he perform well for the Cleveland Browns.

    (not that we don't wish him well personally....its just that that really is of no concern to us)

    @the-gipper said:

    Johnny needs to do something that warrants something good to be said about him.....football wise at least.

    I agree....just showing up to camp isn't really anything to get excited about and isnt really news....he showed up last year too...

    Though Im sure every time he completes a pass or does something even remotely "pro-like" people will get all giddy and such....

    Im encouraged that he's at least trying to improve his image and work ethic, but not getting excited until he actually does something tangible to show he can play and be our QB.....

  • I really can't put much stock in what a coach says about a player this time of year. They all seem to follow a formula. Say 2 or 3 things about what they're doing right or what you like sbout them. At worst they might follow that up with something they could improve on.

    He's a consummate professional, works hard and is attacking the playbook! He could use to raise the toilet seat when he pisses though.

    Not that it's a bad thing, but it's typical especially if it's a player you really, really don't want to suck this year.

  • Why wouldn't he?

    Z

  • Why wouldn't he?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Why wouldn't he?

    Z

    BIG

    Announcement: The sun did what it is supposed to do: it rose in the East today.

  • Not a wild statement here, but I'm hopeful Manziel shines the brightest and starts week 1. We know the ceiling with McCown and it's all but likely 6-10, 7-9. Manziel is still IMO a boom or bust dude, but with the depth on next year's QB class i'd rather be picking top 5 instead of 12, 13.

    Of course, I'd love the most to be drafting 32.

  • Not a wild statement here, but I'm hopeful Manziel shines the brightest and starts week 1. We know the ceiling with McCown and it's all but likely 6-10, 7-9. Manziel is still IMO a boom or bust dude, but with the depth on next year's QB class i'd rather be picking top 5 instead of 12, 13.

    Of course, I'd love the most to be drafting 32.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Not a wild statement here, but I'm hopeful Manziel shines the brightest and starts week 1. We know the ceiling with McCown and it's all but likely 6-10, 7-9. Manziel is still IMO a boom or bust dude, but with the depth on next year's QB class i'd rather be picking top 5 instead of 12, 13.

    Of course, I'd love the most to be drafting 32.

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Not a wild statement here, but I'm hopeful Manziel shines the brightest and starts week 1. We know the ceiling with McCown and it's all but likely 6-10, 7-9. Manziel is still IMO a boom or bust dude, but with the depth on next year's QB class i'd rather be picking top 5 instead of 12, 13.

    Of course, I'd love the most to be drafting 32.

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

    I may be mistaken, but has Pettine not all but said that McCown is going to be the starter this season?

    I think he's done it right. McCown is the starter and that's what to expect, but if Johnny wants the job, he's gonna have to prove that he's the decisively better option. No "maybes" or "let's see" or other ambiguities that we went through last season...

  • Problem is he is 35 years old, and sucked with Tamp Bay. I wouldn't hold my breathe.

  • I'm just saying if someone says he can be Comeback POTY, unless you're just an anal nitpicker, there's really no reason to get all indignant about how he has nothing to come back from.

  • Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything bad be said about Johnny. Lame.

    @tour2ma said:

    Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything bad be said about Johnny. Lame.

    There's plenty of legit criticism of JFF. I don't comment on the vast majority of it. Calling him 5'10" when that's proven untrue or getting butthurt because someone said he's going to be Comeback POTY strikes me as odd.

  • Problem is he is 35 years old, and sucked with Tamp Bay. I wouldn't hold my breathe.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Problem is he is 35 years old, and sucked with Tamp Bay. I wouldn't hold my breathe.

    i know you are pulling for manziel, hey it'd be great if he came through. all i'm saying with what has happened thus far i personally don't see it.

    tampa bay has no offensive line, none. can't wait to see winston get chewed up and spat out this year.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

    I may be mistaken, but has Pettine not all but said that McCown is going to be the starter this season?

    I think he's done it right. McCown is the starter and that's what to expect, but if Johnny wants the job, he's gonna have to prove that he's the decisively better option. No "maybes" or "let's see" or other ambiguities that we went through last season...

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    I may be mistaken, but has Pettine not all but said that McCown is going to be the starter this season?

    I think he's done it right. McCown is the starter and that's what to expect, but if Johnny wants the job, he's gonna have to prove that he's the decisively better option. No "maybes" or "let's see" or other ambiguities that we went through last season...

    Well as for myself I believe each and every syllable a coach has to say in April.

    WSS

  • I pull for Manziel because I think he has potential. I think Mccown is a clown.

  • that clown will be the starting qb for the browns when the season starts so.........

    hope you like clowns.

    Pennywise018.jpg

  • If he is, were fucked.

  • Mik, would you?

    spy-on-vegas.jpg?1426035626

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    I may be mistaken, but has Pettine not all but said that McCown is going to be the starter this season?

    I think he's done it right. McCown is the starter and that's what to expect, but if Johnny wants the job, he's gonna have to prove that he's the decisively better option. No "maybes" or "let's see" or other ambiguities that we went through last season...

    Well as for myself I believe each and every syllable a coach has to say in April.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well as for myself I believe each and every syllable a coach has to say in April.

    WSS

    Haha... Fair enough. Mik had just mentioned that he wanted to hear that they had announced a starter and not to dick around like they did last year.

    I feel as though they've already made it clear what the intention is, so it shouldn't be something we're faced with again.

    But Manziel wows the coaches? I don't know... Maybe that just doesn't seem realistic to me.

  • Mik, would you?

    spy-on-vegas.jpg?1426035626

    @walterwhite said:

    Mik, would you?

    spy-on-vegas.jpg?1426035626

    I would......shes smokin.....I think it's the hat!

  • lol... clown babe featuring a mudhat...

    Let's hear it for participation!