Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
It's a non story but it doesn't look good and Manziel doesn't need this kind of publicity. I don't think Manziel should have been forced to leave the hotel because someone else is acting bad. The one acting bad is the one who needs to leave. Manziel should have just had the hotel security take care of the problem. They could have warned the 18 year old who was harassing Manziel to stop and if he continued I'm sure they could have escorted him off the premises.
yes and it would have taken ME about 15 mins to make that call.
yes and it would have taken ME about 15 mins to make that call.
^ That............
...... or at least hit him with the water bottle.

Most would have thrown the water bottle after 15 minutes. As it is, Johnny got pushed out of his chair, scrambled around for an extra 90 minutes looking for someone to throw the water bottle at, eventually found a target and took 15 minutes to release it, hoping for the best.
-
You know, the more I read things from people about the guy I'm convinced they'd rather see him and as a result the Browns fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust and won't work out, but who the hell wants that? I'd rather have a "punk kid" like Manziel actually turn into a damn franchise QB than sit and watch another wandering veteran QB lead the team to 4-7 wins.
-
Sometimes its seems like articles pop up at the strangest times......as if Cleve writers read these threads and then spin an article....
So, today Tom Reed posts this article about the Browns uni's and uses the Dicks links I used yesterday.....weird eh?
Is it crazy to think we are the source for their news?
-
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overreacting about Manziel. Johnny Manziel is a competitor and a heck of a good QB. He could be on any NFL teams roster right now. We should be happy that we have a QB like him waiting to get out there and take control of this team. That is his goal and that is our hope. It will happen. Last year it was Hoyer's team, there is no question about it. Since the McCoy handling on the QB spot with Weeden and everything else, when Hoyer showed that he was capable and then went down with an injury, it was his team... everyone knew that. When they drafted John Manziel is was expected that Hoyer would be the starter barring an injury or supreme excellence from Manziel that proved otherwise. When Hoyer hit the wall and Manziel was called on to get in there, he did so with limited reps with the starters. Manziel will win the Starting Job by week one and get his shot. McCown is an insurance policy that was necessary to have, Johnny may need more time, he may sustain injury with his 'never say die' demeanor and his ability to make plays on the fly with his legs. McCown thus has a task of always being ready to step in, to mentor Manziel in the ways of a veteran QB(which is something Hoyer would not do because he wanted the job for himself). That is the end of the story. Manziel is our QB, suck it up and accept it and shut the fuck up, it is what it is..
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overreacting about Manziel. Johnny Manziel is a competitor and a heck of a good QB. He could be on any NFL teams roster right now. We should be happy that we have a QB like him waiting to get out there and take control of this team. That is his goal and that is our hope. It will happen. Last year it was Hoyer's team, there is no question about it. Since the McCoy handling on the QB spot with Weeden and everything else, when Hoyer showed that he was capable and then went down with an injury, it was his team... everyone knew that. When they drafted John Manziel is was expected that Hoyer would be the starter barring an injury or supreme excellence from Manziel that proved otherwise. When Hoyer hit the wall and Manziel was called on to get in there, he did so with limited reps with the starters. Manziel will win the Starting Job by week one and get his shot. McCown is an insurance policy that was necessary to have, Johnny may need more time, he may sustain injury with his 'never say die' demeanor and his ability to make plays on the fly with his legs. McCown thus has a task of always being ready to step in, to mentor Manziel in the ways of a veteran QB(which is something Hoyer would not do because he wanted the job for himself). That is the end of the story. Manziel is our QB, suck it up and accept it and shut the fuck up, it is what it is..
Third stringer Conner Shaw was more in command and looked more like an NFL QB with less hype and even FEWER reps with 1st or 2nd team than johnny football.
-
You know, the more I read things from people about the guy I'm convinced they'd rather see him and as a result the Browns fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust and won't work out, but who the hell wants that? I'd rather have a "punk kid" like Manziel actually turn into a damn franchise QB than sit and watch another wandering veteran QB lead the team to 4-7 wins.
I'm convinced they'd rather see him .. fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust, but who the hell wants that?
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
-
I'm convinced they'd rather see him .. fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust, but who the hell wants that?
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
People who don't know that what they think they want isn't what they really want.
-
-
I'm convinced they'd rather see him .. fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust, but who the hell wants that?
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
IDK man-I hear what you're saying but between some posts on here, with friends and in the media I start to question. I'm just saying personality be damned if the guy can figure out how to play QB. I'm getting more and more convinced though people would rather see him fail because of his transgressions.
-
I agree....There are some who would want that and actually feel good about it...just so they can say "I told you so".....but I think they are the minority////
Most of us would be elated if he played well.....and even more so if he did it with some class and professionalism....
-
It wasn't the term I used originally. I just threw it out so we could distill what we were talking about into one, easy-to-use phrase. For a guy who can't argue and who tells me to take it easier, you sure do like to pointlessly prod me a lot.
Please refer to Post 93 on page 5 of this thread where the term "bad boy QB" was introduced.
Irrelevant to the point we're discussing. Browns fans, despite your claims, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they wanted to be fans of a bad boy QB.
Just go ahead and own it, it'll be easier for you.
Zombo
Yes and that wasn't my "original" post on the topic. Nor was it my first go-to word for what I was describing. I said edge originally IIRC.Zombo said:
Please refer to Post 93 on page 5 of this thread where the term "bad boy QB" was introduced.
Just go ahead and own it, it'll be easier for you.
Zombo
-
I'm convinced they'd rather see him .. fail. It's very possible at this point Manziel is a bust, but who the hell wants that?
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
exactly. who wants (as a browns fan) to see anyone fail who is drafted and plays for their favorite team?
the kid has a lot to live up to and he can blame it on himself or the media or his annoying fans, who cares at this point? all we heard from his masses that stormed the doors last year was "JUST WAIT!" "YOU GUYS HAVEN"T SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!" "HE"S GOING TO WRECK THIS LEAGUE!"
well so far he has done squat and every time you turn around there is some other type of incident that is a 'non-story'. i don't know if it's his personality? i mean he's prob a good guy. i'm glad he's trying to get his life together. i just wish he'd make better decisions on and off the field.
was this a big deal? no, but how many little deals turn into a big deal?
-
and if you look at the national map, which shows sales by state, you'll see Johnny was #1 in 3 states.....OK, KY and OH.....and considering he was 5th in Cleveland, it's pretty apparent his sales were vastly inflated by "new Browns fans".....
Using the map, it's obvious almost ALL areas are buying jerseys for their local players(closest teams)...except OK.....
http://www.dsg.com/pages/best-selling-nfl-jerseys-by-state
and if you use the map and go by TEAM sales, you'll see OK is unique as one of only 2 states who favor a team far far away (as arkansas likes the Stoolers)....
http://www.dsg.com/pages/best-selling-nfl-jerseys-by-state
So, if OK has JFF as #1 and the Browns as #1, we can assume that they sold a HUGE amount of JFF jerseys.....
And KY sold more Cinn jerseys, yet had JFF as #1 too......so.....more PROOF that JFF's jerseys sold more elsewhere...
and if you look at the national map, which shows sales by state, you'll see Johnny was #1 in 3 states.....OK, KY and OH...
Nice data... I can't decide if the bigger shock was that he wasn't #1 in Texas or that he was #1 in Oklahoma.
yeah cuz when the term 'bad boy QB' is used the first image that pops into your head is johnny manziel, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now maybe 'spoiled brat QB'.................
mik, that's 15 yards for piling on...
I see absolutely no evidence of a person not being able to handle anything, except for the people here who can't handle a bit of Johnny Manziel news.
Really? No evidence at all? And as for not being able to handle anything, it strikes me that is a comment better aimed at those who dismiss news out of hand than examine it.
It's not an all or nothing proposition, but a continuum...
Not an isolated incident, but a pattern...
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
yeah....I guess there's gonna be a group who saw the circus coming and predicted it(a fairly large group, btw).....and now, although I dont think they wanted it, they probably do feel vindicated.....
Yup... led by hoorta, this group has been vindicated.
And there was my group, who were more concerned that the player's skills/ style would not translate well to the NFL. We're still awaiting vindication... and hoping it does not come.
-
Yes and that wasn't my "original" post on the topic. Nor was it my first go-to word for what I was describing. I said edge originally IIRC.Zombo said:
Please refer to Post 93 on page 5 of this thread where the term "bad boy QB" was introduced.
Just go ahead and own it, it'll be easier for you.
Zombo
Yes and that wasn't my "original" post on the topic. Nor was it my first go-to word for what I was describing. I said edge originally IIRC.
It may not be where you started but you went there all by yourself.

-
but it's not just people here. yes espn in a whole are/is a dick thing until they televise something you couldn't see anywhere else. the fact that the manziel water bottle thing was in the top 3 stories on many afternoon live broadcasts monday shows that it's not just 'us people' that over emphasize anything johnny.
the FACT is when he does his celebrity thing 5 times out of ten they end badly. you know my solution. i asked for yours. he should hire security and have them with him when he does his celebrity outings. if a 6 foot 8 370 lb. behemoth of a man went up to that kid that was harassing manziel and told the kid to stop, do you think it would have continued to be a problem? or how about being smart enough to realize (yourself as a educated person) that this thing is getting out of control and let's bounce. how hard would that have been? simple. simple. simple. but the fact that it got to the point where it WAS going to be a story is a fail on his part and on his management's.
AGAIN.
What you are continuing to overlook is that he did leave. He left the event. He went back to his hotel. The fan followed him back and continued to harass him.
It wasn't:
"Hey Johnny, give me your autograph"
"No. Fuck off you little turd" [throws water bottle]
The solution that you're proposing is what happened - which is what makes this a complete non-story. My solution was to maintain the status quo, becuase overreacting to a situation as tiny as this is equally idiotic.
Hiring a personal security guard is likely not the answer. For one, it would encourage, rather than discourage, inebriated fans. And it could be spun into a PR nightmare. And it would be a talking point for opposing defensive players.
it could be spun into a PR nightmare. And it would be a talking point for opposing defensive players.
HA!....seriously???...it's already a complete and utter PR nightmare.......
and his bad boy money signing self has been a talking point for opposing D's from day # one......(ask the redskins...or Michael Sam.....or every reporter in America....etc)
Johnnys like a can of gas sitting next to a fire......adding a little security wont make it any worse than it already is.....and if he's attacked by even more losers, then at least there is someone(security) there to deal with it properly, while he walks away.....
-
I dont think anybody wants that.
You'd think if people were "happy" to see him fail, then they'd be......"happy"......right?
I just see a bunch of angry, fed up and disappointed people.
And who gets angry and disappointed when they get want they are hoping for???
People who don't know that what they think they want isn't what they really want.
-
-
Yes and that wasn't my "original" post on the topic. Nor was it my first go-to word for what I was describing. I said edge originally IIRC.Zombo said:
Please refer to Post 93 on page 5 of this thread where the term "bad boy QB" was introduced.
Just go ahead and own it, it'll be easier for you.
Zombo
Yes and that wasn't my "original" post on the topic. Nor was it my first go-to word for what I was describing. I said edge originally IIRC.
Zombo said:
It may not be where you started but you went there all by yourself.
.....It seems like you just think Johnnys cool and took 20 posts to articulate it.....and you assume that since you think JFF is cool, that EVERYBODY else must agree.....(and, somehow, JERSEYS are the proof....cause everybody buys jerseys based upon "cool factor")(which I think is very wrong...normally, its kids who buy based upon cool factor)
The videos you posted are of JFF getting a penalty for running his mouth....and a video of him tea bagging(disrespecting) an opponent....etc.....and then you claim this is edgy bad boy type stuff we should all like and want from our leader... while many of us just consider it childish immature stuff we dont like....see?........
Heck.... there are kids who love Beiber and think he's cool too....and they arent able to understand why so many people mock him......BUT, as they grow up, it becomes more obvious to them......takes time....
In the end....it's about polarity....the traits that make him so popular are the exact same traits that so many hate....
My analogy.....Johnny is like a pair of sagging pants......some think it's super cool......others laugh and think it's stupid.....
And no one will ever agree.......polarity 101......
Talking about Johnny is like debating abortion, climate change, politics and religion.....there are too many delusional extremists on both sides that wont even allow it to be a reasonable discussion....
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
