Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Johnny Manziel will be MVP.................
.400+ hitter and infielder in HS who was a late rounder for San Diego Padres (not Chargers). LOL!

All kidding aside-I really like Joe Haden-the team leader in so many ways for the Browns both on and off the field!!

-
Johnny Manziel will be MVP.................
.400+ hitter and infielder in HS who was a late rounder for San Diego Padres (not Chargers). LOL!

All kidding aside-I really like Joe Haden-the team leader in so many ways for the Browns both on and off the field!!

All kidding aside-I really like Joe Haden-the team leader in so many ways for the Browns both on and off the field!!

Everybody likes Haden!.....(Im pretty sure)......and Joe Thomas too......which, I think, is the point we are all trying to make.....
WHY?......first, because they are great players......BUT what makes them REALLY loved is that they are class guys......total professionals....civic minded.....active in the community....and GREAT team mates......(on top of being great players)...
Haden is in the news almost daily.....highly visible...a pretty stylish playa.....at all the Cavs games....on social media....etc etc etc and it's ALWAYS good.....always.....

Yet, I keep hearing we should embrace(and actually prefer) the bad boy thing .........
Given the choice, who wouldn't prefer a player with the "whole package" over one who plays great, but detracts in other ways????
Examples.....(assuming the players were about equal and I know some arent)...but who would you prefer...
a guy like T.O..... or Jerry Rice?
a guy like A. Suh.. or AJ Watt?
a guy like Manziel...or Russell Wilson?
a guy like M. Lynch....or Walter Payton?
And Ive heard "if he plays great, then suddenly you'll all love him"......well, I remember Albert Belle all too well......I did like his homers, but never liked him.....and never was a "fan" of his......all my love goes to Thome......why?.....cause I LIKED him and he played great....thats why........no love for Bell though....and he played GREAT!.....why?...because he was an asshole and constantly embarrassed his team, our city and fans.......over and over again......
Look....Cleveland is has been a whipping boy for decades....especially the Browns ....we dont need it anymore and JFF adds to the "clevelands a joke" thing on a weekly(or mnthly) basis.....
So, excuse me if I dont get excited about the prospect of my QB(great or not) teabagging opposing players.....talking back to refs.....and generally being a rooster on AND off the field........especially one who is unwilling to sacrifice his personal fun time to achieving at a career most of could only dream of.....
So, for the ones who love him "no matter what" .....be prepared for some to still not like him, even if he gets great, unless he learns some of the people skills that guys like Thomas and Haden have.........
You all act so freaking upset that people talk about him, yet THAT was the whole issue coming in from day #1....shoulda seen this coming, cause we did.....you got your boy, but just dont want to deal with the stink we all knew was swirling around him......
Remember Charlie Browns buddy Pigpen?...probably a nice guy with good traits, but man, peeee yewwww.......
-
I posted the clips because Zombo's delusional self tried to act like he was a total wuss on the field
What? What did I say about him on the field?
Zombo
Zombo said:
What? What did I say about him on the field?
Zombo
"You know he's not a real "bad boy", right? Real bad boys don't "flip off" guys, go to rehab and throw water bottles.
Bad boys drink tequila, shit fire, fuck your wife, and don't explain anything.
IF, they throw something ... it's not water, it doesn't happen at a country club pool, it's not at a 18 year old boy, and they don't miss."
Let me guess "that's not about him on the field"? You are a semantics and hair splitting legend.
-
If the talent level is about equal (as you stipulated), I'll take Lynch over Payton all day. Fun dude to watch. Wilson is really good. Love him on the field. but yes he is really boring off it.
-
Zombo said:
What? What did I say about him on the field?
Zombo
"You know he's not a real "bad boy", right? Real bad boys don't "flip off" guys, go to rehab and throw water bottles.
Bad boys drink tequila, shit fire, fuck your wife, and don't explain anything.
IF, they throw something ... it's not water, it doesn't happen at a country club pool, it's not at a 18 year old boy, and they don't miss."
Let me guess "that's not about him on the field"? You are a semantics and hair splitting legend.
"You know he's not a real "bad boy", right? Real bad boys don't "flip off" guys, go to rehab and throw water bottles.
Bad boys drink tequila, shit fire, fuck your wife, and don't explain anything.
IF, they throw something ... it's not water, it doesn't happen at a country club pool, it's not at a 18 year old boy, and they don't miss."
Let me guess "that's not about him on the field"? You are a semantics and hair splitting legend.
Ummm .. No, that's not about him on the field.
Are you for real?
Zombo
-
If the talent level is about equal (as you stipulated), I'll take Lynch over Payton all day. Fun dude to watch. Wilson is really good. Love him on the field. but yes he is really boring off it.
If the talent level is about equal (as you stipulated), I'll take Lynch over Payton all day. Fun dude to watch.
Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....
See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......
Same view.....different perspective....
If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....
-
"You know he's not a real "bad boy", right? Real bad boys don't "flip off" guys, go to rehab and throw water bottles.
Bad boys drink tequila, shit fire, fuck your wife, and don't explain anything.
IF, they throw something ... it's not water, it doesn't happen at a country club pool, it's not at a 18 year old boy, and they don't miss."
Let me guess "that's not about him on the field"? You are a semantics and hair splitting legend.
Ummm .. No, that's not about him on the field.
Are you for real?
Zombo
Zombo said:
Ummm .. No, that's not about him on the field.
Are you for real?
Zombo
Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.
-
-
If the talent level is about equal (as you stipulated), I'll take Lynch over Payton all day. Fun dude to watch.
Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....
See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......
Same view.....different perspective....
If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....
Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....
See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......
Same view.....different perspective....
If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....
Yeah I disagree. The personality of the team as a whole is that of Marshawn Lynch. He makes their uber mediocre OL look great. He makes a safe, game-managing QB look great (Wilson's wheels do that also), and it's his personality that lays the groundwork for LOB, Sherman's antics, etc.
Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of 12 year olds but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. I think it's helped their national branding. But I respect your position.
-
Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....
See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......
Same view.....different perspective....
If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....
Yeah I disagree. The personality of the team as a whole is that of Marshawn Lynch. He makes their uber mediocre OL look great. He makes a safe, game-managing QB look great (Wilson's wheels do that also), and it's his personality that lays the groundwork for LOB, Sherman's antics, etc.
Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of 12 year olds but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. I think it's helped their national branding. But I respect your position.
but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. ....
which is what Ive been saying all along.....that YOU think he's cool....
And maybe? you now get that EVERYBODY doesnt share that view?.....can you accept its probably mostly 25 and younger that do(and those are probably a large part of the "everyone you know" comment)?.....can you accept that 25 and above just might have different values?.....
And if so.....we come full robin back to my original point....which you've argued to death.....which was that "Jersey sales do not have anything to do with whether Browns fans like bad guys and do not show that "we" wanted a bad boy?....which was my only argument to begin with ?
And after 10 pages you say "i respect your position"....ha....only took ten pages for you to even consider there are people who actually think differently....and your whole Jersey tangent was a nonsense point which completely derailed an otherwise splendid discussion on our boy Johnny.....
-
"can you accept its probably mostly 25 and younger that do(and those are probably a large part of the "everyone you know" comment)?.....can you accept that 25 and above just might have different values?....."
Sure. Except that I know a ton of Ags a lot older than that that love Johnny. So no I would never say that 25+ by and large wouldn't like him. I think the most that wouldn't enjoy it would be 50% (and even then you wouldn't hear from them because we'd be winning).
I already conceded you had good data on the jersey sales. I said you were right, it disproved my point. Thought I pretty strongly implied I respected your position then too. Not sure what more you want. You turned me on to PFF, so I'll always like you for that

I'm not even a total Manzielot or anything is what's ironic. I was fairly indifferent when the Browns drafted him (as a Browns fan). I like the Mccown signing. I'm not sure whether Johnny will ever be good in the NFL but I do lean toward no, for now. I do think he should stay home instead of going to big events. Not that much daylight between those positions and everyone else's. But I do think he'd be loved in Cleveland if he were good (duh), and especially if he was still edgy on the field. That's all I've said in this thread. Since we are throwing out jersey sales as a data point, we really have nothing to look to yet.
What I don't do is make fun of him at every turn, act like he screwed my girlfriend, or generally devolve into a crotchety old woman at the mere mention of his name (not referring to you Mud, but others do).
-
Zombo said:
Ummm .. No, that's not about him on the field.
Are you for real?
Zombo
Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.
Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.
No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.
Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.
I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.
You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Zombo
-
Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.
No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.
Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.
I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.
You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Zombo
-
-
Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.
No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.
Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.
I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.
You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Zombo
Zombo said:
No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.
Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.
I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.
You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Zombo
Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?
Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.
This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.
-
Zombo said:
You are making up stuff......then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Perfectly stated....
sums it up pretty concisely....
-
Classy, both of you.
....and here I thought it was cool....you know, edgy ball sackish bad boy stuff.....thought you preferred that to class
-
And vice versa to you.
But I'll play. F you, Mudfly

-
Zombo said:
No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.
Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.
I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.
You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.
There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?
Zombo
Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?
Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.
This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.
Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?
Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.
This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.
I never called him a "wuss" or a "dweeb" on or off the field.
I simply laughed at your use of the wordage "Bad Boy" and described the difference between a real bad ass and water-bottle throwing elf that likes to flip people off. That's not bad ass.
Now you want to know if I think he is a "bad boy" on the field?
I think that sounds really gay. He was an exciting player who won a lot of games in college and I hope he can be the same in the pros.
So far it isn't happening, but I haven't completely given up on the elf yet.
Zombo
-
Yeah bad ass is such a better, less gay term. Glad that's nailed down.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login