Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • @wargograw said:

    If the talent level is about equal (as you stipulated), I'll take Lynch over Payton all day. Fun dude to watch.

    Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....

    See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......

    Same view.....different perspective....

    If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....

    @mudfly said:

    Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....

    See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......

    Same view.....different perspective....

    If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....

    Yeah I disagree. The personality of the team as a whole is that of Marshawn Lynch. He makes their uber mediocre OL look great. He makes a safe, game-managing QB look great (Wilson's wheels do that also), and it's his personality that lays the groundwork for LOB, Sherman's antics, etc.

    Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of 12 year olds but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. I think it's helped their national branding. But I respect your position.

  • @mudfly said:

    Ha!.....not surprised by that.....at all.....

    See....I saw a team(the Seahawks) work real hard to reach the top....then during "their" big week, get totally out shadowed by a guy acting the jerk......and making "me first" headlines....... when it shoulda been about the team......

    Same view.....different perspective....

    If we ever reached the promised land, Id hope our guys act more like a Thomas or Haden, than a Lynch........and NOT do things that will suck the fun out of it for the majority of fans and the rest of the team....

    Yeah I disagree. The personality of the team as a whole is that of Marshawn Lynch. He makes their uber mediocre OL look great. He makes a safe, game-managing QB look great (Wilson's wheels do that also), and it's his personality that lays the groundwork for LOB, Sherman's antics, etc.

    Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of 12 year olds but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. I think it's helped their national branding. But I respect your position.

    @wargograw said:

    but everyone I know views them as the NFL's bad boy team, and think it's cool. ....

    which is what Ive been saying all along.....that YOU think he's cool....

    And maybe? you now get that EVERYBODY doesnt share that view?.....can you accept its probably mostly 25 and younger that do(and those are probably a large part of the "everyone you know" comment)?.....can you accept that 25 and above just might have different values?.....

    And if so.....we come full robin back to my original point....which you've argued to death.....which was that "Jersey sales do not have anything to do with whether Browns fans like bad guys and do not show that "we" wanted a bad boy?....which was my only argument to begin with ?

    And after 10 pages you say "i respect your position"....ha....only took ten pages for you to even consider there are people who actually think differently....and your whole Jersey tangent was a nonsense point which completely derailed an otherwise splendid discussion on our boy Johnny.....

  • "can you accept its probably mostly 25 and younger that do(and those are probably a large part of the "everyone you know" comment)?.....can you accept that 25 and above just might have different values?....."

    Sure. Except that I know a ton of Ags a lot older than that that love Johnny. So no I would never say that 25+ by and large wouldn't like him. I think the most that wouldn't enjoy it would be 50% (and even then you wouldn't hear from them because we'd be winning).

    I already conceded you had good data on the jersey sales. I said you were right, it disproved my point. Thought I pretty strongly implied I respected your position then too. Not sure what more you want. You turned me on to PFF, so I'll always like you for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I'm not even a total Manzielot or anything is what's ironic. I was fairly indifferent when the Browns drafted him (as a Browns fan). I like the Mccown signing. I'm not sure whether Johnny will ever be good in the NFL but I do lean toward no, for now. I do think he should stay home instead of going to big events. Not that much daylight between those positions and everyone else's. But I do think he'd be loved in Cleveland if he were good (duh), and especially if he was still edgy on the field. That's all I've said in this thread. Since we are throwing out jersey sales as a data point, we really have nothing to look to yet.

    What I don't do is make fun of him at every turn, act like he screwed my girlfriend, or generally devolve into a crotchety old woman at the mere mention of his name (not referring to you Mud, but others do).

  • Zombo said:

    Ummm .. No, that's not about him on the field.

    Are you for real?

    Zombo

    Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.

    @wargograw said:

    Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

  • @wargograw said:

    Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    You are making up stuff......then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Perfectly stated....

    sums it up pretty concisely....

  • Reminds me of a coral shirt wearing dude

  • @wargograw said:

    Oh I suppose you meant he was a total dweeb off the field but you agree he's a bad boy on it. Got it.

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

    Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?

    Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.

    This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.

  • Zombo said:

    You are making up stuff......then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Perfectly stated....

    sums it up pretty concisely....

    @mudfly said:

    Perfectly stated....

    sums it up pretty concisely....

    Classy, both of you.
  • @mudfly said:

    Perfectly stated....

    sums it up pretty concisely....

    Classy, both of you.

    @wargograw said:

    Classy, both of you.

    ....and here I thought it was cool....you know, edgy ball sackish bad boy stuff.....thought you preferred that to class

  • And vice versa to you.

    But I'll play. F you, Mudfly ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • Zombo said:

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

    Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?

    Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.

    This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.

    @wargograw said:

    Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?

    Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.

    This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.

    I never called him a "wuss" or a "dweeb" on or off the field.

    I simply laughed at your use of the wordage "Bad Boy" and described the difference between a real bad ass and water-bottle throwing elf that likes to flip people off. That's not bad ass.

    Now you want to know if I think he is a "bad boy" on the field?

    I think that sounds really gay. He was an exciting player who won a lot of games in college and I hope he can be the same in the pros.

    So far it isn't happening, but I haven't completely given up on the elf yet.

    Zombo

  • Yeah bad ass is such a better, less gay term. Glad that's nailed down.

  • Yeah bad ass is such a better, less gay term. Glad that's nailed down.

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah bad ass is such a better, less gay term. Glad that's nailed down.

    Well, you can't make a football point, we might as well teach you not to be so gay if you insist on being a Browns fan.

    Zombo

  • Thanks.

  • Zombo said:

    No, you made up something about me saying Johnny was a wuss on the field.

    Then you backed it up with a quote by me saying that water bottle incident (off the field) didn't make him a bad a boy.

    I've never mentioned Johnny on the field in this thread.

    You are making up stuff that I never said and then using it as a reference point.

    There is something not right about you. Are you a troll I banned before?

    Zombo

    Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?

    Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.

    This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.

    @wargograw said:

    Well, Is he a "bad boy" on the field or not? Instead of ducking and dodging then popping your head out like a Jack in the Box "not what I said!!! Hahaha you're an idiot!!! Is something not right with you?" (very original btw), why don't you actually put it on the line. He a bad boy on the field or not? You seemed to start this thread arguing based on the premise that he was after I threw it out. Then you turn to calling him a total wuss (off the field of course). So what, in your mind, is his demeanor on the field?

    Furthermore, I never really said he was a bad boy off the field either. So by your own standard, there is something wrong with you.

    This is a prime example of you guys just looking for reasons to dump on him. I say it'd be really fun if he were good and still had an edge on the field. You not only disagree, but then take to saying he's a total dweeb off the field. You take any compliment of his (which I have not even made that many of, I made one claim: that he was a bad boy on the field and it's fun to be a fan of it) personally. But I'm the one with the problem. Ok.

    Define "bad". In the traditional sense....yes, he is a bad boy.

  • Cue Baby Bhatt from Seinfeld. "You bad man. You bery bad man."

  • Well I don't know whether he made MVP of the softball game, but he did win the softball home run derby and signed a baby. ๐Ÿ˜†

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2488398-johnny-manziel-signs-baby-at-cleveland-browns-fan-fest

  • So... he does sign autographs? ๐Ÿ˜‰

    "Until you feel youโ€™ve found what you would call a long-term solution, I donโ€™t think we could have done any better than bringing in a guy like Josh McCown.โ€ - Mike Pettine at FanFest

    http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20150606/cleveland-browns-fans-get-good-news-about-qb-situation-at-fan-fest

  • So... he does sign autographs? ๐Ÿ˜‰

    "Until you feel youโ€™ve found what you would call a long-term solution, I donโ€™t think we could have done any better than bringing in a guy like Josh McCown.โ€ - Mike Pettine at FanFest

    http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20150606/cleveland-browns-fans-get-good-news-about-qb-situation-at-fan-fest

    @tour2ma said:

    So... he does sign autographs? ๐Ÿ˜‰

    "Until you feel youโ€™ve found what you would call a long-term solution, I donโ€™t think we could have done any better than bringing in a guy like Josh McCown.โ€ - Mike Pettine at FanFest

    http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20150606/cleveland-browns-fans-get-good-news-about-qb-situation-at-fan-fest

    LOL! Thanks for sharing that Tour! With all the previous Poseiden Adventures we've witnessed, the quote by Pettine above is a classic reminder we have the right guy steering the ship today.

  • Well I don't know whether he made MVP of the softball game, but he did win the softball home run derby and signed a baby. ๐Ÿ˜†

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2488398-johnny-manziel-signs-baby-at-cleveland-browns-fan-fest

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I don't know whether he made MVP of the softball game, but he did win the softball home run derby and signed a baby. ๐Ÿ˜†

    He's a hell of a golfer too.....great actually....

    My nephew is one of the Pro's at Barrington and played caddy(for Hartline) when the Browns recently had their outing......he said JFF was one of the best golfers out there and there were some really good ones......(including one caddy I happen to know well)...

    So he can hit a ball, thats for sure.......