Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    People have good days, people have bad days. So far Johnny has had three less than stellar days and one exceptional day.

    Meanwhile, Connor Shaw has had four relatively strong days. Personally, I think that warrants Connor getting a few reps with the 2's, if only as a commendment for a job well done with the 3's and 4's.

    Declare your starters and have churn at the bottom. Right now, Johnny isn't a starter, so a competition for the backup spot should be completely fair game.

    Shelton, Erving, et al are getting more reps with the 2's than the 1's because they have to earn their position.

  • Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement.

    How'd you get fishing license when you have not been here two years?

  • Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day.

    Day 4.....of year 2....that is.....

    No one ignored his excellent day.....I posted it for all to see.....YAY!....

    Now, should we ignore the 300+ non-excellent days?......

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement.

    How'd you get fishing license when you have not been here two years?

    @tour2ma said:

    How'd you get fishing license when you have not been here two years?

    Stole it. Check your wallet. 😉

    Not only that but I have this excellent Rapala Manziel Special. Never fails to catch fish.

  • @tour2ma said:

    How'd you get fishing license when you have not been here two years?

    Stole it. Check your wallet. 😉

    Not only that but I have this excellent Rapala Manziel Special. Never fails to catch fish.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not only that but I have this excellent Rapala Manziel Special. Never fails to catch fish.

    HA!!!........I have something similar....

    Just gotta mention Johnny and the same few fish jump my line.....every single time.....

    Like catching fish in a bucket......

  • texas AG: trying to send you message about tailgate but the function is turned off under your settings. hit me back with a message.

  • @tour2ma said:

    How'd you get fishing license when you have not been here two years?

    Stole it. Check your wallet. 😉

    Not only that but I have this excellent Rapala Manziel Special. Never fails to catch fish.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Stole it. Check your wallet. 😉

    Not only that but I have this excellent Rapala Manziel Special. Never fails to catch fish.

    When it can accomplish WR progressions I will be impressed.
  • @texasag1969 said:

    And if they demote him to 3rd string after all the steps he has taken then they lose him forever. He'll ask for a trade or release.

    Why would any other team be bothered to trade for him if he can't crack the top 2 QB spots on a team starved for QB talent? That isn't even considering the off the field nonsense from last season.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Why would any other team be bothered to trade for him if he can't crack the top 2 QB spots on a team starved for QB talent? That isn't even considering the off the field nonsense from last season.

    From Weedone to Hoyer to McCown what a task to show your QB talents. Trade not a chance.

  • Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    Put your Manziel A&M and his preseason for 2014 tapes away. Watch the games JM played regular season with the same banged up OL as Shaw had at Baltimore and you tell me what game to watch of JM that matches who's ready??

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well I see I caught a few fish with my statement. I just think it is amazing how people here think he is already headed for 3rd string by day 4 and completely ignore his one excellent day. How did that happen anyway? Not the ignoring part, the part where he failed on only 1 pass all day. What does it mean? Did he "get it" and then lose it overnight? Should it be treated as an aberration?

    Put your Manziel A&M and his preseason for 2014 tapes away. Watch the games JM played regular season with the same banged up OL as Shaw had at Baltimore and you tell me what game to watch of JM that matches who's ready??

    @gumby73 said:

    Put your Manziel A&M and his preseason for 2014 tapes away. Watch the games JM played regular season with the same banged up OL as Shaw had at Baltimore and you tell me what game to watch of JM that matches who's ready??

    That's the beauty of the Rapala Manziel Special. Fish bite for hours even after I've spent all day on the Goldfish machines in Isle of Capri in Blackhawk. 😆

  • texas AG: trying to send you message about tailgate but the function is turned off under your settings. hit me back with a message.

    @miktoxic said:

    texas AG: trying to send you message about tailgate but the function is turned off under your settings. hit me back with a message.

    I can't see where I have blocked anything mik. Where do I go on the website to ensure I get pm's?

  • Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

  • Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    @wargograw said:

    Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

  • Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    @wargograw said:

    Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    Shotgun? You talking shotgun? Are you kidding me? Shotgun!!?? 😁

  • @wargograw said:

    Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    You know (and this isn't some endorsement for JM here) but I'm curious to see if the shotgun takes a much stronger hold in the NFL in 5-7 years. I think the way things are going more and more teams with younger QB's will work a much larger % out of it or a pistol.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    You know (and this isn't some endorsement for JM here) but I'm curious to see if the shotgun takes a much stronger hold in the NFL in 5-7 years. I think the way things are going more and more teams with younger QB's will work a much larger % out of it or a pistol.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You know (and this isn't some endorsement for JM here) but I'm curious to see if the shotgun takes a much stronger hold in the NFL in 5-7 years. I think the way things are going more and more teams with younger QB's will work a much larger % out of it or a pistol.

    Peyton seems to do ok with it. Should be interesting to see how they incorporate more running game out of it as Kubiak plans this year. Lots of reports about how they want to take more pressure off their aging QB with a change in style and get back to the formula that allowed an aging Elway to win back to back Superbowls. I don't think that is lost on our staff that is aware they have two second year players who worked well out of a similar system. Even Sumlin is adapting it more for the run out of his game-long hurry-up offense with a new run game coordinator to go with his pro-style soph QB out of the shotgun.

  • @wargograw said:

    Bunch of reports about how Johnny looked great out of the shotgun today. Shocker. Went with the 1s some too.

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

    @wargograw said:

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

    The opposite of his skill set is what every other QB in the NFL can do. You know, play under center, memorize plays, etc.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Now he just has to play out of the shotgun all season.....

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

    @wargograw said:

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

    While tailoring your offense to talent is a necessity, even the best QB'a from shotgun operate under center frequently and with zero issue.

    Can't be in the gun on 95% of your plays.

  • @wargograw said:

    Nah let's play to the exact opposite of his skill set again!

    While tailoring your offense to talent is a necessity, even the best QB'a from shotgun operate under center frequently and with zero issue.

    Can't be in the gun on 95% of your plays.

    @tiamat63 said:

    While tailoring your offense to talent is a necessity, even the best QB'a from shotgun operate under center frequently and with zero issue.

    Can't be in the gun on 95% of your plays.

    Manziel can play in the shotgun all he wants....

    ...in Canada.