Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • Getting better and better. He needed help at the end, but didn't get much. I think that's in part due to the doubt of his teammates. When he shows them that confidence that "we will win", guys will believe and make those plays.

    Assuming he continues on his upward trend.

  • somewhere there is a guy bent over or on his knees.....right in front of another guy....named Taco....

    @mudfly said:

    somewhere there is a guy bent over or on his knees.....right in front of another guy....named Taco....

    Could we start using his full name?

    Edit: Actually his full name even reflects poorly on me.

    Shit.

  • As for the game tonight, I was only able to catch the second half. I came away rather impressed with Manziel's performance tonight. He had a couple nice throws and didn't make any back breaking mistakes. It might be baby steps but, at the very least, it's in the right direction.

  • I saw only a few good throws.. most of his passes were wobbly and he still has trouble making reads and relies too much on the hot route. he stares down receivers in a bad way.. I was at the game.. yay he got a td against scrubs that will for the most part.. not make the bills roster.. get a grip.... when it counted against 3rd and 4th stringers.. he sucked..

  • Manziel looked good. McCown looked terrible. Looks like a controversy in Cleveland.

  • I saw only a few good throws.. most of his passes were wobbly and he still has trouble making reads and relies too much on the hot route. he stares down receivers in a bad way.. I was at the game.. yay he got a td against scrubs that will for the most part.. not make the bills roster.. get a grip.... when it counted against 3rd and 4th stringers.. he sucked..

    @nickers said:

    I saw only a few good throws.. most of his passes were wobbly and he still has trouble making reads and relies too much on the hot route. he stares down receivers in a bad way.. I was at the game.. yay he got a td against scrubs that will for the most part.. not make the bills roster.. get a grip.... when it counted against 3rd and 4th stringers.. he sucked..

    His teammates on the field were also 3rd and 4th stringers. Also, this is pretty much his rookie year due to being a fuck up last year in his personal life.

    I don't hold out much hope for the guy but I will certainly give credit where it is due. He played alright against the backups for a really good defense.

  • Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

  • Well....Housler did finally catch a few last night.....though, Id say Bibbs is looking better......and better......

    Not seeing us keep 4 plus a FB....so, my bubble has Housler and Dray on it......and Housler dont block....sooooo

  • Yep, assuming Barnidge is fine after concussion checks, he's #1, backed up by Bibbs. Then does Pett want a blocker or a receiver as the #3? My money's not on the 'flashy' player.

  • Well....Housler did finally catch a few last night.....though, Id say Bibbs is looking better......and better......

    Not seeing us keep 4 plus a FB....so, my bubble has Housler and Dray on it......and Housler dont block....sooooo

    @mudfly said:

    Well....Housler did finally catch a few last night.....though, Id say Bibbs is looking better......and better......

    Not seeing us keep 4 plus a FB....so, my bubble has Housler and Dray on it......and Housler dont block....sooooo

    Housler is a really big dude and he has that going for him, but even his catches looked "awkward". He double caught one for sure. Bibbs as you've noted on the other hand looks really good out there.

  • Manziel showed some more good things last night which is encouraging. The 10-18 number is pretty misleading because he had at least two drops, two dumb penalties and little protection at the end of the game. He had a really nice deep throw rolling out to his weak side and on his TD pass didn't run when he had a lane. He shouldn't and won't be the week 1 one guy but I'm encouraged by what we've seen so far.

    McCown on the other hand struggled. Now I'll be the first to admit the Buffalo defense is crazy good, I can't believe how fast they are more than anything else. I still thought though that McCown left the pocket early way too many times and the 2nd INT was pretty bad. Hopefully though with the extended rest we can actually put a full squad of the one's out there against Tampa. Don't forget it's just preseason and the Browns practiced against the Bills all week.

  • Yep, assuming Barnidge is fine after concussion checks, he's #1, backed up by Bibbs. Then does Pett want a blocker or a receiver as the #3? My money's not on the 'flashy' player.

    @gftchris said:

    Yep, assuming Barnidge is fine after concussion checks, he's #1, backed up by Bibbs. Then does Pett want a blocker or a receiver as the #3? My money's not on the 'flashy' player.

    The good news is that Barnidge is already cleared....no concussion.....so we will see him back at practice and against TB....

  • yep...McCown made some of those bad decisions we were hoping he wouldnt....those int's shouldnt have happened.....

    He's still at 80% completion rate though, which Id take all day every day.....feeling better about QB than I was at this time last year....

  • Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

    @mudfly said:

    Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

    Agree, but right now I'm wondering where our vaunted 1st Team "Best Oline in the NFL" is hiding? Because the unit that rolled out there last night sure wasn't them. Pre-season I know, but my concern is growing.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

    Agree, but right now I'm wondering where our vaunted 1st Team "Best Oline in the NFL" is hiding? Because the unit that rolled out there last night sure wasn't them. Pre-season I know, but my concern is growing.

    @d-bone said:

    Agree, but right now I'm wondering where our vaunted 1st Team "Best Oline in the NFL" is hiding? Because the unit that rolled out there last night sure wasn't them. Pre-season I know, but my concern is growing.

    I don't get concerned about scores or how units do in pre-season. I want to see key players of the future progress. What I saw from Shelton, JM, Cooper especially and Orchard gives hope for the season to come.

  • @d-bone said:

    Agree, but right now I'm wondering where our vaunted 1st Team "Best Oline in the NFL" is hiding? Because the unit that rolled out there last night sure wasn't them. Pre-season I know, but my concern is growing.

    I don't get concerned about scores or how units do in pre-season. I want to see key players of the future progress. What I saw from Shelton, JM, Cooper especially and Orchard gives hope for the season to come.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't get concerned about scores or how units do in pre-season. I want to see key players of the future progress. What I saw from Shelton, JM, Cooper especially and Orchard gives hope for the season to come.

    Not concerned about scores. Getting concerned about how some of our "perceived" strengths are competing. Specifically on offense.

  • Yep, assuming Barnidge is fine after concussion checks, he's #1, backed up by Bibbs. Then does Pett want a blocker or a receiver as the #3? My money's not on the 'flashy' player.

    @gftchris said:

    Yep, assuming Barnidge is fine after concussion checks, he's #1, backed up by Bibbs. Then does Pett want a blocker or a receiver as the #3? My money's not on the 'flashy' player.

    Why should Barnidge be #1? So far I have seen almost nothing from him that warrants that designation, either last year or this preseason.

    Explain to me what contributions he has made that makes him the starter. Blocking ability?

  • Getting better and better. He needed help at the end, but didn't get much. I think that's in part due to the doubt of his teammates. When he shows them that confidence that "we will win", guys will believe and make those plays.

    Assuming he continues on his upward trend.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Getting better and better. He needed help at the end, but didn't get much. I think that's in part due to the doubt of his teammates. When he shows them that confidence that "we will win", guys will believe and make those plays.

    Assuming he continues on his upward trend.

    It could also be better with the first string WRs rather than the third string WRs. Veterans like Bowe and Hartline will know to come back and give help....and hopefully Hawkins/Gabriel/ etc. will also know. The camp fodder and rookies playing last night don't know or haven't learned this skill.

  • Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

    @mudfly said:

    Yep...Id say Johnny is looking much better than what we saw last season.....taking steps in the right direction.....got a little taste of keeping the play alive...I like the progress Im seeing....

    In his defense, the 2nd team O Line has sucked royally and Johnny has had zeee-ro time...to stand in the pocket....which barely exists. Thinking he'd be even better with some blockers and receivers......time will tell.....Im much more encouraged now than before....

    Agreee, Michael Bowie looks more like David Bowie playing the Thin White Duke diddling around at rehearsal:

  • Good game last night.

    Seeing him starting to grow a little bit out there.