Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @walterwhite said:

    I bet MikeToxic if The Browns draft Manziel, we will be in the playoffs.

    The wager will be 100 dollars and a bar tab of choice in the Ohio region.

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

  • My opinion is pretty unbiased. I have watched a lot of tape on these guys and I honestly think Bridgewater gives us the best chance to win next year. Bridgewater is hands down the best qb in this class.

    I am obviously not a fan of manzeil. All of those jump passes, running in circles, terrible footwork, no pocket presence, and the fact that he is stupid enough to take a picture with the heisman trophy holding a blunt, is enough for me to not want him.

    I know this is controversial, but I really do want the browns to sign Vick. I don't care for him as a person ( I'm pretty sure he slept with my ex) but he has a couple reasons why he would be good for this team.

    1- signing Vick shows the team we want to win now. If we go into the season with Hoyer or a qb not taken at the top of the draft, I think the feeling in the locker room will be that we are waiting for next year.

    2- he would give us a year to develop or draft the qb of the future.

    3- Vick will help draw free agents

    4- Vick has proven to be a solid mentor for troubled players and all the qb that play behind him usually develop into solid players. Shaub, Kafka, foles.

    Again I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion, so let the bashing commence

    @louisville-slugger said:

    My opinion is pretty unbiased. I have watched a lot of tape on these guys and I honestly think Bridgewater gives us the best chance to win next year. Bridgewater is hands down the best qb in this class.

    I am obviously not a fan of manzeil. All of those jump passes, running in circles, terrible footwork, no pocket presence, and the fact that he is stupid enough to take a picture with the heisman trophy holding a blunt, is enough for me to not want him.

    I know this is controversial, but I really do want the browns to sign Vick. I don't care for him as a person ( I'm pretty sure he slept with my ex) but he has a couple reasons why he would be good for this team.

    1- signing Vick shows the team we want to win now. If we go into the season with Hoyer or a qb not taken at the top of the draft, I think the feeling in the locker room will be that we are waiting for next year.

    2- he would give us a year to develop or draft the qb of the future.

    3- Vick will help draw free agents

    4- Vick has proven to be a solid mentor for troubled players and all the qb that play behind him usually develop into solid players. Shaub, Kafka, foles.

    Again I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion, so let the bashing commence

    I'm with you 100% on Bridgewater and Manziel, but I have no interest in Vick. The reasons you mentioned don't justify the price tag he'd come with. I think Haslam has shown #1, Hoyer fills #2, our salary cap at least partially fills #3, and the coaches job is to fill #4.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I bet MikeToxic if The Browns draft Manziel, we will be in the playoffs.

    The wager will be 100 dollars and a bar tab of choice in the Ohio region.

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

    @miktoxic said:

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

    You know it's illegal to buy alcohol for minors.

  • well his uncle would have to buy for me so..............

  • I wouldn't think Vick would have a very high price tag, maybe 3-5 mil a year and since he would be a one year stop gap that wouldn't put a dent in our cap space.

    I honestly think bringing him in wins us 3 more games than if we go with Hoyer. It would be more but we all know Vick only plays 8 games a season.

    Vick isn't my ideal starter, but again if we miss on Bridgewater, Vick can be a band aid while we develop someone like Mettenberger that we can pick up in rounds 2 or 3

  • hey mike i only drink 2 days a week (on the mayan calander). it's always 5 pm somewhere in the world.

  • Yeah.....Vick definitely needs to play for a team with a fan section called the Dawg Pound. Comedians would have a fucking field day.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah.....Vick definitely needs to play for a team with a fan section called the Dawg Pound. Comedians would have a fucking field day.

    ^+1. I'd take Vick at vet minimum though as a backup.

    @walterwhite said:

    You fucking idiot. It's weak minded assholes like you why this fanbase sucks.

    What do you mean we aren't ready to win now. Of course we are fuckhead.

    We had Brady beat last year, we beat the Bengals, we beat the Ravens, we can beat anyone we want.

    I say playoffs next year if we get good QB play

    Yeah- just tell that to the Falcons when half their team gets hurt. How about the Lions, Steelers, and Ravens? Seem to have good quarterbacks, UM didn't make the playoffs. So before you go calling people idiots, just remember about the kettle calling the pot black- if you can figure out what that means.

  • @walterwhite said:

    The Ravens just won the Super Bowl a year ago shit for brains.

    The Steelers have won two and played in another in the past 10 years.

    What in the EVER LIVING FUCK are you talking about?

    The Steelers and Ravens own us year in and year out.

    They didn't make the playoffs last year, short attention span, or you have reading comprehension problems?. THAT'S what I'm talking about. Just having a great quarterback isn't the magic bullet to the SB, much less a guaranteed trip to the playoffs, now STFU already- you're looking dumber by the minute.

    PS don't ever call one of the Mods "Shit for Brains" I don't take kindly to it- I'll let it slide this time, next time you get a Kiddie Time out, potty mouth.

  • You two should get a room

    though the "I'm a mod so you better be nice to me!" shit is pretty lame

  • You two should get a room

    though the "I'm a mod so you better be nice to me!" shit is pretty lame

    @mld-woody said:

    though the "I'm a mod so you better be nice to me!" shit is pretty lame

    kinda makes sense to me. it's like going into someone's house as a guest a thanksgiving dinner and calling the family scumbags and that their food sucks and puking on the table. it's called common sense. you just don't do it.

    on topic:

    it's texas A & M's pro day today. so let's see what the kid can do. i'm going to be looking more at evans than JF. but who knows he might change some people's minds.

  • I don't understand the guys here that want hoyer over maziel because they are afraid mr feetball will get hurt!lol my god hoyer was hurt all season

  • Hoyer didn't cost Browns a first round pick, like Manziel will to whoever drafts him. Hoyer's on the team already. His good performance was a pleasant surprise, yet short-lived, and has proven he's earned a chance to compete. I think most who are behind Hoyer still aren't sure he's the one, but willing to give him a shot for 2014. Coupled with some who want to see a QB taken at a higher draft pick this year, or then all in for a high draft pick next year. I'm for either of these, or then if they are fixed on taking a QB high this year I was leaning towards Bortles.

    Hoyer did something unintentionally dumb (bad slide) and got hurt for it. I think many are seeing JF intentionally doing a lot of risky (i.e. dumb) things that will ultimately not end well.

  • These mods run a flop house. Where else could one get away with calling the other posters semen guzzling faggots and get away with it, and not even be auto starred for fuck's sake. That's why we love this board. Besides who criticizes the food at a soup kitchen.

  • man there are some funny muther fuckers in this joint.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I bet MikeToxic if The Browns draft Manziel, we will be in the playoffs.

    The wager will be 100 dollars and a bar tab of choice in the Ohio region.

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

    @miktoxic said:

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

    Six pack of Piels lager.

  • well JFs pro day is today. let's see how he does.

    i am more interested in evans. let's see how many he digs out the dirt or overthrows he catches. hey, and if JF looks good/great, he might change some people's minds, including me.

    but it's not like playing in pads when the pocket breaks down and he goes back to what is natural to him, which is what the naysayers are all scared of. sure he might be able to run for a first down, my concern is him turning into a RB when he sees a hole and doesn't see the S coming from his side and pummeling him into the first row.

  • @miktoxic said:

    no not that much, and i don't live in ohio so.............

    just a six pack of your finest that you'd like vs. what i'd like up to a $30 limit. i.e. gentleman's bet.

    if we don't draft manziel the bet's off? what about bridgewater or bortles?

    Six pack of Piels lager.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Six pack of Piels lager.

    hilarious!

    man i haven't seen that shit in over 30+ years. and calling it shit is being kind.

    when we were in HS i think we could a case of piels for like $9. when you're sixteen and a stoner who gives a shit what the beer tastes like as long as you catch a buzz. if you can drink that you can drink anything.

  • who is the alleged "shit for brains"

  • 9 bucks a case? We paid 3 bucks a case if we returned the bottles. Pabst. Ahh, the good ole days.

  • I don't understand the guys here that want hoyer over maziel because they are afraid mr feetball will get hurt!lol my god hoyer was hurt all season

    @jeffinwv said:

    I don't understand the guys here that want hoyer over maziel because they are afraid mr feetball will get hurt!lol my god hoyer was hurt all season

    I'm not scared Manziel will get hurt. I'm scared he would make dumb choices. It's not like he doesn't have a string of 'em.