Skip to content

Delete This Account

The Browns Board
41 18 1.4k 1
  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Just don't log in again.  

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Oh, c'mon, tell us what it is first, before I send you off ...

    You know you want to ...

    Let me guess ... National Anthem policy?

    Zombo

  • Mods, delete this account.

    Goodbye NFL, goodbye Browns, goodbye Brownsboard.

    Good luck all.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @sober-poet said:

    Mods, delete this account.

    Goodbye NFL, goodbye Browns, goodbye Brownsboard.

    Good luck all.

    98 posts?  Who knew you were here in the first place?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    old Shep was an author and a poet?

    stomping off just as the Browns will be a far, far better,

    very different kickass football team must be pretty hard to come

    up with a real explanation.

    Byeee.

  • Oh, c'mon, tell us what it is first, before I send you off ...

    You know you want to ...

    Let me guess ... National Anthem policy?

    Zombo

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Zombo said:

    Oh, c'mon, tell us what it is first, before I send you off ...

    You know you want to ...

    Let me guess ... National Anthem policy?

    Zombo

    Has to be

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Maybe he fell off the wagon?

    ????

    WSS

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Sober Poet has finally become drunk and wants to forget his past?

  • @sober-poet said:

    Mods, delete this account.

    Goodbye NFL, goodbye Browns, goodbye Brownsboard.

    Good luck all.

    98 posts?  Who knew you were here in the first place?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    98 posts?  Who knew you were here in the first place?

    He should go for 100 and then quit. 😆

    Eh, all those poets are drama queens anyway. Sayonara. 

  • Mods, delete this account.

    Goodbye NFL, goodbye Browns, goodbye Brownsboard.

    Good luck all.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @sober-poet said:

    Mods, delete this account.

    Goodbye NFL, goodbye Browns, goodbye Brownsboard.

    Good luck all.

    I'm with Z, why the drama? Just don't post.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Guys, I just hacked his account and found his e-mail, so we can send him death threats, viruses and spam e-mails. 

    That's the modus operandi when someone leaves the board, right?

  • @the-gipper said:

    98 posts?  Who knew you were here in the first place?

    He should go for 100 and then quit. 😆

    Eh, all those poets are drama queens anyway. Sayonara. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mjp28 said:

    He should go for 100 and then quit. 😆

    Eh, all those poets are drama queens anyway. Sayonara. 

    His problem, as a poet, is that he is sober.  Everyone knows that poets can only function when they are high on something:  booze, H, week, crack, whatever.   I wonder what Shakespeare was intaking.

  • Guys, I just hacked his account and found his e-mail, so we can send him death threats, viruses and spam e-mails. 

    That's the modus operandi when someone leaves the board, right?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nero said:

    Guys, I just hacked his account and found his e-mail, so we can send him death threats, viruses and spam e-mails. 

    That's the modus operandi when someone leaves the board, right?

    Have not heard that.

  • @mjp28 said:

    He should go for 100 and then quit. 😆

    Eh, all those poets are drama queens anyway. Sayonara. 

    His problem, as a poet, is that he is sober.  Everyone knows that poets can only function when they are high on something:  booze, H, week, crack, whatever.   I wonder what Shakespeare was intaking.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    His problem, as a poet, is that he is sober.  Everyone knows that poets can only function when they are high on something:  booze, H, week, crack, whatever.   I wonder what Shakespeare was intaking.

    Good idea, let's toast our dearly departed sober poet:

    Dylan Thomas epitomised this tradition of the roistering rhymer – to the distaste of Kingsley Amis, who wrote a singularly unpleasant epitaph for him:

    They call you "drunk with words"; 
    but when we drink
    And fetch it up, we sluice it down 
    the sink.
    You should have stuck to spewing 
    beer, not ink.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Geeezzz some famous old writers we had to read in college:

    .......But it's true that modern American literature is strewn with examples of alcoholic excess: Poe, Hemingway, Faulkner ("I usually write at night. I always keep my whiskey within reach"), Hart Crane, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, Dorothy Parker ("I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"), Ring Lardner, Raymond Chandler, O Henry, Jack London, Delmore Schwartz, F Scott Fitzgerald, ("Too much champagne is just right"), John Berryman, Jack Kerouac, Charles Bukowski, Anne Sexton, Patricia Highsmith – the list is long even without including those, such as Hunter S Thompson, more renowned for their experiments with other substances ("I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"). In a new book, The Trip to Echo Spring, Olivia Laing looks at six American writer-alcoholics, beginning with the story of how the ageing, critically acclaimed John Cheever and an aspiring young unknown called Raymond Carver became drinking buddies while teaching in Iowa in 1973. "He and I did nothing but drink," Carver later wrote. "I mean, we met our classes in a manner of speaking, but the entire time we were there … I don't think either of us ever took the covers off our typewriters."........

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #16

    Goodbye cruel world...

    Jeeez, it was only a few interceptions in his very first pro practice. Give the kid a chance. 

  • old Shep was an author and a poet?

    stomping off just as the Browns will be a far, far better,

    very different kickass football team must be pretty hard to come

    up with a real explanation.

    Byeee.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    old Shep was an author and a poet?

    stomping off just as the Browns will be a far, far better,

    very different kickass football team must be pretty hard to come

    up with a real explanation.

    Byeee.

    did you come over from "the dawg pound message board" also ?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #18

    There once was a poet from Spokane  

    Who dropped from the barstool to his can

    When he came up for air

    The franchise looked bare 

    So he asked for a drop but no ban😛

  • Geeezzz some famous old writers we had to read in college:

    .......But it's true that modern American literature is strewn with examples of alcoholic excess: Poe, Hemingway, Faulkner ("I usually write at night. I always keep my whiskey within reach"), Hart Crane, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, Dorothy Parker ("I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"), Ring Lardner, Raymond Chandler, O Henry, Jack London, Delmore Schwartz, F Scott Fitzgerald, ("Too much champagne is just right"), John Berryman, Jack Kerouac, Charles Bukowski, Anne Sexton, Patricia Highsmith – the list is long even without including those, such as Hunter S Thompson, more renowned for their experiments with other substances ("I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"). In a new book, The Trip to Echo Spring, Olivia Laing looks at six American writer-alcoholics, beginning with the story of how the ageing, critically acclaimed John Cheever and an aspiring young unknown called Raymond Carver became drinking buddies while teaching in Iowa in 1973. "He and I did nothing but drink," Carver later wrote. "I mean, we met our classes in a manner of speaking, but the entire time we were there … I don't think either of us ever took the covers off our typewriters."........

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzz some famous old writers we had to read in college:

    .......But it's true that modern American literature is strewn with examples of alcoholic excess: Poe, Hemingway, Faulkner ("I usually write at night. I always keep my whiskey within reach"), Hart Crane, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, Dorothy Parker ("I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"), Ring Lardner, Raymond Chandler, O Henry, Jack London, Delmore Schwartz, F Scott Fitzgerald, ("Too much champagne is just right"), John Berryman, Jack Kerouac, Charles Bukowski, Anne Sexton, Patricia Highsmith – the list is long even without including those, such as Hunter S Thompson, more renowned for their experiments with other substances ("I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"). In a new book, The Trip to Echo Spring, Olivia Laing looks at six American writer-alcoholics, beginning with the story of how the ageing, critically acclaimed John Cheever and an aspiring young unknown called Raymond Carver became drinking buddies while teaching in Iowa in 1973. "He and I did nothing but drink," Carver later wrote. "I mean, we met our classes in a manner of speaking, but the entire time we were there … I don't think either of us ever took the covers off our typewriters."........

    Bukowski Tales Of Ordinary Madness 

  • sydS syd

    @calfoxwc said:

    old Shep was an author and a poet?

    stomping off just as the Browns will be a far, far better,

    very different kickass football team must be pretty hard to come

    up with a real explanation.

    Byeee.

    did you come over from "the dawg pound message board" also ?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @syd said:

    did you come over from "the dawg pound message board" also ?

    Nope. This is the only board I go on since the AOL days? A long time.

  • sydS syd

    @calfoxwc said:

    old Shep was an author and a poet?

    stomping off just as the Browns will be a far, far better,

    very different kickass football team must be pretty hard to come

    up with a real explanation.

    Byeee.

    did you come over from "the dawg pound message board" also ?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @syd said:

    did you come over from "the dawg pound message board" also ?

    Shep started here.

    It's a long story.

    Z