Steelers writer Ed Bouchette
-
You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine. (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)
This is not court. You have to tell the truth.
Partners in the Steelers wanted Tomlin out. The Tomlin tough man routine has worn thin. Terry Bradshaw even knows that Tomlin isnt that good.
This is not court. You have to tell the truth.
Partners in the Steelers wanted Tomlin out. The Tomlin tough man routine has worn thin. Terry Bradshaw even knows that Tomlin isnt that good.
The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want. Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag.
-
This is not court. You have to tell the truth.
Partners in the Steelers wanted Tomlin out. The Tomlin tough man routine has worn thin. Terry Bradshaw even knows that Tomlin isnt that good.
The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want. Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag.
The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want. Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag.
If you dont care then why do keep arguing with me when I am right? I cant fire Tomlin like I cant fire Marvin Lewis. I have to believe that the Rooneys have a plan B if Tomiln cant deliver. Same for Haslam if Hue crashes and burns.
I hope the Browns get a good coach.
-
Who could the Eagles find better than Andy Reid and Chip Kelly Gippie?
I do not have a name of an up and coming Head Coach. Who could the Browns find better than Hue?
Pittsburgh should beat the Browns. They are better. Last season the Browns took them to the 11th round with Kizer.
You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine. (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)
You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine. (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
-
You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine. (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
How did Cowher hand him a Super Bowl team? Cowher was a coach not a GM.
Cowher's last year they were 8-8. They had the 11th best defense. Two years later they won the Super Bowl with Tomlin with the #1 defense and Ben's #20 offense.
Cowher "handed him" an 8-8 team. Neither Cowher or Tomlin picked the players, they coached them.
Zombo
-
The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want. Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag.
If you dont care then why do keep arguing with me when I am right? I cant fire Tomlin like I cant fire Marvin Lewis. I have to believe that the Rooneys have a plan B if Tomiln cant deliver. Same for Haslam if Hue crashes and burns.
I hope the Browns get a good coach.
If you dont care then why do keep arguing with me when I am right? I cant fire Tomlin like I cant fire Marvin Lewis. I have to believe that the Rooneys have a plan B if Tomiln cant deliver. Same for Haslam if Hue crashes and burns.
I hope the Browns get a good coach.
I didn't say I thought you were right. I think you are dead arss wrong. That does not mean that I would give a shite if they would fire Tomlin. Actually...I would give a Sheet....because that would mean that the Steelers FO has lost their way and that that franchise would be on it way down the toilet. So, like I said, bring it on...fire him.
-
You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine. (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
Maybe you should look to the Steeler's FO for the problems. Maybe that is where the shortcomings lie. Like I said, beyond the Big 3 Bs on their team, and maybe another good player or two, the overall talent level on that team is by NO means any better than any mediocre team in this league.
-
I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.
How did Cowher hand him a Super Bowl team? Cowher was a coach not a GM.
Cowher's last year they were 8-8. They had the 11th best defense. Two years later they won the Super Bowl with Tomlin with the #1 defense and Ben's #20 offense.
Cowher "handed him" an 8-8 team. Neither Cowher or Tomlin picked the players, they coached them.
Zombo
Zombo said:
How did Cowher hand him a Super Bowl team? Cowher was a coach not a GM.
Cowher's last year they were 8-8. They had the 11th best defense. Two years later they won the Super Bowl with Tomlin with the #1 defense and Ben's #20 offense.
Cowher "handed him" an 8-8 team. Neither Cowher or Tomlin picked the players, they coached them.
Zombo
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
-
Zombo said:
How did Cowher hand him a Super Bowl team? Cowher was a coach not a GM.
Cowher's last year they were 8-8. They had the 11th best defense. Two years later they won the Super Bowl with Tomlin with the #1 defense and Ben's #20 offense.
Cowher "handed him" an 8-8 team. Neither Cowher or Tomlin picked the players, they coached them.
Zombo
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
And Tomlin took that group to 2 Super Bowls, winning one in 2008 and losing one in 2010 , where Cowher took them to just the one in 2005.
And then that group all got old and retired and bypassed by teams with better, younger talent....and the Steelers FO did not replace them with similarly talented players.
So....what is your point faced with these facts?
-
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
And Tomlin took that group to 2 Super Bowls, winning one in 2008 and losing one in 2010 , where Cowher took them to just the one in 2005.
And then that group all got old and retired and bypassed by teams with better, younger talent....and the Steelers FO did not replace them with similarly talented players.
So....what is your point faced with these facts?
And Tomlin took that group to 2 Super Bowls, winning one in 2008 and losing one in 2010 , where Cowher took them to just the one in 2005.
And then that group all got old and retired and bypassed by teams with better, younger talent....and the Steelers FO did not replace them with similarly talented players.
So....what is your point faced with these facts?
Cowher had 3 seasons with a HOF QB and the 1st season was Bens rookie year. 3 years divided by 1 Super Bowl = .333% Super Bowl win rate. Cowher never lost a Super Bowl with Ben.
Tomlin has had 11 seasons with a HOF QB. 11 seasons divided by 1 Super Bowl = .090% Super Bowl win rate. You just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
The problem for the lack of Super Bowls is not Ben or the lack of talent. Thats stupid. Tomlin just isnt that good when it comes to the big game.
-
Zombo said:
How did Cowher hand him a Super Bowl team? Cowher was a coach not a GM.
Cowher's last year they were 8-8. They had the 11th best defense. Two years later they won the Super Bowl with Tomlin with the #1 defense and Ben's #20 offense.
Cowher "handed him" an 8-8 team. Neither Cowher or Tomlin picked the players, they coached them.
Zombo
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
Have you compared both rosters?
You should because they are almost the same guys.
Parker, Ben, Miller, Farrior, Foote, Polumau, Taylor, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Kiesel, McFadden, Starks, Smith on both teams. Were talking starters and not clip board holders.
And???
Zombo
-
And Tomlin took that group to 2 Super Bowls, winning one in 2008 and losing one in 2010 , where Cowher took them to just the one in 2005.
And then that group all got old and retired and bypassed by teams with better, younger talent....and the Steelers FO did not replace them with similarly talented players.
So....what is your point faced with these facts?
Cowher had 3 seasons with a HOF QB and the 1st season was Bens rookie year. 3 years divided by 1 Super Bowl = .333% Super Bowl win rate. Cowher never lost a Super Bowl with Ben.
Tomlin has had 11 seasons with a HOF QB. 11 seasons divided by 1 Super Bowl = .090% Super Bowl win rate. You just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
The problem for the lack of Super Bowls is not Ben or the lack of talent. Thats stupid. Tomlin just isnt that good when it comes to the big game.
Cowher had 3 seasons with a HOF QB and the 1st season was Bens rookie year. 3 years divided by 1 Super Bowl = .333% Super Bowl win rate. Cowher never lost a Super Bowl with Ben.
He never got to another one...how can he lose another won. And BR had literally absolutely nothing to do with that win under Cowher. They won despite BR...not because of him in that game. In fact, If I am not correct, that is considered THE worst performance by a winning QB in SB history.
Tomlin has had 11 seasons with a HOF QB. 11 seasons divided by 1 Super Bowl = .090% Super Bowl win rate. You just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
You just continue demonstrating your ignorance. Look at the defense that the 2005 to 2010 Steelers had..and look at what it has been lately...it has been a shitehole in comparison. They have NOT been fuycking good enough as an overall team.
The problem for the lack of Super Bowls is not Ben or the lack of talent. Thats stupid.
It is perfectly accurate. The Steeler defenses of recent years have been a shadow of what they were before...2005-10. BR is a HOF QB...but that alone is not good enough. You want proof? Here it is:
Drew Brees...as good or better than BR.... One Super Bowl appearance
Phillip Rivers....as good or better than BR....No Super Bowl appearances
Aaron Rodgers....better than BR...one Super Bowl appearance.
Eli Manning.....probably not as good as BR......or the other guys I mention here....but he has 2 SB rings.
Why? Because it is a 22 man game. The rest of the team has to hold up their end. And the Giants did on a couple of occasions...where the other teams were only able to do it one time or never....because of the talent on the overall team.
Tomlin just isnt that good when it comes to the big game.
And here, again, you are being ignorant of two other major factors as to why the Steelers have not won more during BR's tenure: Those two factors are called Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Those two are/were better than BR. And their overall teams came out to be better than the Steelers. Brady has made 6 Super Bowl appearances during the time BR has been in the league (and a couple before that) Peyton made 4 Super Bowl appearance during the time BR has been in the league (2 with Indy, 2 with Denver). That is a total of 10 SB appearances from the AFC made by those guys and those teams during BR's tenure. And those guys and their teams were better than the Steelers. And the Steelers didn't lose because BR was so great while Tomlin was screwing up. They were just met up against better QBs and better teams.
In BRs time in the AFC, the count is: Brady has won 6 AFC titles, Peyton has won 4, BR won 3, and Joe Flacco was Joe Fluko for one year and won one. But, it seems that your argument is that BR is better than both Brady and Peyton...and should have won more than them.
But, I don't know.....maybe your brain has sorely missing some components if you believe that. Or maybe you are just a stupid arsebag about it. One of those is true.
-
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
Ed is an idiot. I'm not making game predictions but he's not exactly well liked in Pittsburgh. He's like mark madden lite and madden is a WWE type character.
I do think the Browns have improved quite a bit, especially with FINALLY giving a rookie qb the chance to develop without being forced into the lineup to save the farm. Tyrod is underrated and Mayfield can sit back and learn and not get ruined.
Edit: so..e of the comments in here are hilariously ridiculous. Brown losing a step? Wear and tear? Look up the little snippet from a former steeler Josh Harris who was a top shelf track athlete. He said Antonio brown has gotten faster this offseason. Dig up some peer opinions on brown. He was drafted late, he out works EVERYBODY.
NFL peers rated him number two behind Marsha "system qb" Brady. Sure he's lost a step alright lol.
-
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
Ed is an idiot. I'm not making game predictions but he's not exactly well liked in Pittsburgh. He's like mark madden lite and madden is a WWE type character.
I do think the Browns have improved quite a bit, especially with FINALLY giving a rookie qb the chance to develop without being forced into the lineup to save the farm. Tyrod is underrated and Mayfield can sit back and learn and not get ruined.
Edit: so..e of the comments in here are hilariously ridiculous. Brown losing a step? Wear and tear? Look up the little snippet from a former steeler Josh Harris who was a top shelf track athlete. He said Antonio brown has gotten faster this offseason. Dig up some peer opinions on brown. He was drafted late, he out works EVERYBODY.
NFL peers rated him number two behind Marsha "system qb" Brady. Sure he's lost a step alright lol.
Ed is an idiot. I'm not making game predictions but he's not exactly well liked in Pittsburgh. He's like mark madden lite and madden is a WWE type character.
I do think the Browns have improved quite a bit, especially with FINALLY giving a rookie qb the chance to develop without being forced into the lineup to save the farm. Tyrod is underrated and Mayfield can sit back and learn and not get ruined.
Edit: so..e of the comments in here are hilariously ridiculous. Brown losing a step? Wear and tear? Look up the little snippet from a former steeler Josh Harris who was a top shelf track athlete. He said Antonio brown has gotten faster this offseason. Dig up some peer opinions on brown. He was drafted late, he out works EVERYBODY.
NFL peers rated him number two behind Marsha "system qb" Brady. Sure he's lost a step alright lol.
What is your opinion of Fagley's position that Tomlin should be fired?
-
Ed is an idiot. I'm not making game predictions but he's not exactly well liked in Pittsburgh. He's like mark madden lite and madden is a WWE type character.
I do think the Browns have improved quite a bit, especially with FINALLY giving a rookie qb the chance to develop without being forced into the lineup to save the farm. Tyrod is underrated and Mayfield can sit back and learn and not get ruined.
Edit: so..e of the comments in here are hilariously ridiculous. Brown losing a step? Wear and tear? Look up the little snippet from a former steeler Josh Harris who was a top shelf track athlete. He said Antonio brown has gotten faster this offseason. Dig up some peer opinions on brown. He was drafted late, he out works EVERYBODY.
NFL peers rated him number two behind Marsha "system qb" Brady. Sure he's lost a step alright lol.
What is your opinion of Fagley's position that Tomlin should be fired?
What is your opinion of Fagley's position that Tomlin should be fired?
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
-
What is your opinion of Fagley's position that Tomlin should be fired?
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
Vagitron and I finally agree on something. Somewhere in hell, Art Modell just got frozen over.
Zombo
-
What is your opinion of Fagley's position that Tomlin should be fired?
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
I don't assign Fagley's opinion as being racist...not sure where you get that. Ignorant, yes, but I would not go so far as to say racist.
I mean, he thinks that BR should have been in and won more Super Bowls. And of course, he should not have. They have simply gotten beaten by better teams, better QBs. As good as BR may be, he is not as good as Brady or Peyton..who between them had 10 trips to the SB in BRs time with the Steelers. And, yes, Tomlin is a good solid coach (not sure about one of the best..but very good)....but just about anyone would agree that he is not better than Belichick...or maybe even Tony Dungy. It is certainly no slight to him that he...and BR, have been beaten most times by better QBs, better coaches, better teams.
-
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
Vagitron and I finally agree on something. Somewhere in hell, Art Modell just got frozen over.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Vagitron and I finally agree on something. Somewhere in hell, Art Modell just got frozen over.
Zombo
Only the stupidity of Boo Fagley could make that happen!!

-
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
I don't assign Fagley's opinion as being racist...not sure where you get that. Ignorant, yes, but I would not go so far as to say racist.
I mean, he thinks that BR should have been in and won more Super Bowls. And of course, he should not have. They have simply gotten beaten by better teams, better QBs. As good as BR may be, he is not as good as Brady or Peyton..who between them had 10 trips to the SB in BRs time with the Steelers. And, yes, Tomlin is a good solid coach (not sure about one of the best..but very good)....but just about anyone would agree that he is not better than Belichick...or maybe even Tony Dungy. It is certainly no slight to him that he...and BR, have been beaten most times by better QBs, better coaches, better teams.
I don't assign Fagley's opinion as being racist...not sure where you get that. Ignorant, yes, but I would not go so far as to say racist.
I mean, he thinks that BR should have been in and won more Super Bowls. And of course, he should not have. They have simply gotten beaten by better teams, better QBs. As good as BR may be, he is not as good as Brady or Peyton..who between them had 10 trips to the SB in BRs time with the Steelers. And, yes, Tomlin is a good solid coach (not sure about one of the best..but very good)....but just about anyone would agree that he is not better than Belichick...or maybe even Tony Dungy. It is certainly no slight to him that he...and BR, have been beaten most times by better QBs, better coaches, better teams.
People in Pittsburgh on the fire Tomlin train are racist. Faggle is just stupid.
-
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
I don't assign Fagley's opinion as being racist...not sure where you get that. Ignorant, yes, but I would not go so far as to say racist.
I mean, he thinks that BR should have been in and won more Super Bowls. And of course, he should not have. They have simply gotten beaten by better teams, better QBs. As good as BR may be, he is not as good as Brady or Peyton..who between them had 10 trips to the SB in BRs time with the Steelers. And, yes, Tomlin is a good solid coach (not sure about one of the best..but very good)....but just about anyone would agree that he is not better than Belichick...or maybe even Tony Dungy. It is certainly no slight to him that he...and BR, have been beaten most times by better QBs, better coaches, better teams.
I don't assign Fagley's opinion as being racist...not sure where you get that. Ignorant, yes, but I would not go so far as to say racist.
I mean, he thinks that BR should have been in and won more Super Bowls. And of course, he should not have. They have simply gotten beaten by better teams, better QBs. As good as BR may be, he is not as good as Brady or Peyton..who between them had 10 trips to the SB in BRs time with the Steelers. And, yes, Tomlin is a good solid coach (not sure about one of the best..but very good)....but just about anyone would agree that he is not better than Belichick...or maybe even Tony Dungy. It is certainly no slight to him that he...and BR, have been beaten most times by better QBs, better coaches, better teams.
Matter of opinion. The Steelers also shouldn't have lost the bowl against gb. Arians telegraphed run plays, Matthew's was on it and blew up Mendenhall. Game over basically.
-
Absolutely insane. He's one of the best coaches in the league and I'd say the same if he were the head coach of the Browns. The "fire Tomlin" narrative is reserved for the ignorant and frankly the racist.
Vagitron and I finally agree on something. Somewhere in hell, Art Modell just got frozen over.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Vagitron and I finally agree on something. Somewhere in hell, Art Modell just got frozen over.
Zombo
Ha!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login