Steelers writer Ed Bouchette
-
-
-
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
Well it opened at PIT -7, concensus is PIT -6.5 now, a stretch I guess.....WEEK 1:
-
-
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
-
No because the Browns are going to be good this season.
They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Can the BROWNS win more than 1 out every 4 games in the 2018 schedule?
Inquiring minds want to know.



-
No because the Browns are going to be good this season.
They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Can the BROWNS win more than 1 out every 4 games in the 2018 schedule?
Inquiring minds want to know.



They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Can the BROWNS win more than 1 out every 4 games in the 2018 schedule?
Inquiring minds want to know.



ANSWERS: Let me get back to you 12/31/2018. ?
Mike
-
No because the Browns are going to be good this season.
They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Can the BROWNS win more than 1 out every 4 games in the 2018 schedule?
Inquiring minds want to know.



They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Has the AFCN slipped enough? I don't know, the pundits say the ratbirds will be better. We are hoping the Browns are better. Pitt remains dangerous, they just can't beat NE. Cincy may be worse, but they've beaten the hell out of the Browns the last 3 years.
This city and forum will go nuts if the Browns take down the Steelers. Can't wait!!!
-
Cincy blows, Baltimore blows and Pittsburgh is one injury away from suckitude. They lose any one of AB, Pig Pen or Bell for extended time and it's looking like party in the Cleveland streets. Call me a homer because I think 4 games in the sports world is going to be scrambling to establish a new narrative on the Browns.
-
He was being interviewed on Sirius last week. He said he believes that the Browns will beat the Steelers in the home opener by 3 or more. Found it interesting their reporter taking that stance.
-
They bether be much improved but with that schedule. 500 would be grounds for another parade......still would be nice.
QUESTIONS: Has the rest of the AFCN slipped enough where the BROWNS can win/steal 3 or 4 there?
Has the AFCN slipped enough? I don't know, the pundits say the ratbirds will be better. We are hoping the Browns are better. Pitt remains dangerous, they just can't beat NE. Cincy may be worse, but they've beaten the hell out of the Browns the last 3 years.
This city and forum will go nuts if the Browns take down the Steelers. Can't wait!!!
Has the AFCN slipped enough? I don't know, the pundits say the ratbirds will be better. We are hoping the Browns are better. Pitt remains dangerous, they just can't beat NE. Cincy may be worse, but they've beaten the hell out of the Browns the last 3 years.
This city and forum will go nuts if the Browns take down the Steelers. Can't wait!!!
The BROWNS have been close numerous times like the last game of 2017 until Stonehands Coleman sealed the deal.
PIT holes - A. Brown, I have had him the last few years on my FL teams, instant offense but in 2017 showing signs of wear, missing games.
Big Bucks Ben, one good hit from retirement or at least an extended vacation?
CIN - maybe the BROWNS take two? BAL - eh, steal one?
YES..... jump on the new, revived BROWNS in 2018! Only 0-16 last year and 4-12 ATS last in the NFL.
-
It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content. You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS. Am I saying it's impossible? Of course not. But would I BET on it? Heck no.
If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it. In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly. I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp. There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement. Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should. They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made. Remember last opener? Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something. Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12. Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball. Game over. That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).
Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them. No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident. If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset. As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have. We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING. We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year. The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.
But would I bet on it? Nope.
-
It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content. You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS. Am I saying it's impossible? Of course not. But would I BET on it? Heck no.
If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it. In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly. I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp. There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement. Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should. They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made. Remember last opener? Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something. Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12. Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball. Game over. That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).
Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them. No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident. If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset. As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have. We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING. We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year. The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.
But would I bet on it? Nope.
It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content. You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS. Am I saying it's impossible? Of course not. But would I BET on it? Heck no.
If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it. In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly. I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp. There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement. Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should. They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made. Remember last opener? Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something. Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12. Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball. Game over. That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).
Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them. No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident. If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset. As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have. We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING. We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year. The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.
But would I bet on it? Nope.
Like I added in another topic here today there are a lot of believers starting to come out of the woodwork. Maurice Jones Drew and James Jones both said they pick the Browns to sweep the Steelers this year. That's Brandt, Bouchette, Jones Drew, Jones....... the list is growing man. The bus will be overflowing soon
-
It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content. You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS. Am I saying it's impossible? Of course not. But would I BET on it? Heck no.
If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it. In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly. I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp. There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement. Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should. They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made. Remember last opener? Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something. Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12. Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball. Game over. That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).
Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them. No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident. If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset. As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have. We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING. We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year. The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.
But would I bet on it? Nope.
Like I added in another topic here today there are a lot of believers starting to come out of the woodwork. Maurice Jones Drew and James Jones both said they pick the Browns to sweep the Steelers this year. That's Brandt, Bouchette, Jones Drew, Jones....... the list is growing man. The bus will be overflowing soon
The bus will be overflowing soon
And I'm getting it ready to drive. ?
-
It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content. You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS. Am I saying it's impossible? Of course not. But would I BET on it? Heck no.
If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it. In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly. I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp. There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement. Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should. They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made. Remember last opener? Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something. Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12. Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball. Game over. That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).
Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them. No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident. If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset. As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have. We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING. We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year. The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.
But would I bet on it? Nope.
Like I added in another topic here today there are a lot of believers starting to come out of the woodwork. Maurice Jones Drew and James Jones both said they pick the Browns to sweep the Steelers this year. That's Brandt, Bouchette, Jones Drew, Jones....... the list is growing man. The bus will be overflowing soon
Like I added in another topic here today there are a lot of believers starting to come out of the woodwork. Maurice Jones Drew and James Jones both said they pick the Browns to sweep the Steelers this year. That's Brandt, Bouchette, Jones Drew, Jones....... the list is growing man. The bus will be overflowing soon
I can completely understand the reasons behind people projecting the Browns to win more games and perhaps even "sweeping the Steelers". On paper, our improvement is noticeable and somewhat irrefutable. But...that's not where things get fuzzy. Where it gets difficult is the "Browns Factor".
I haven't seen this issue brought up before, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist. We lose. We INVENT ways to lose. We make losing look EASY. We fumble the ball when we're up ten points and about to punch it in from the ten yard line after we hand it to the fullback for his 1st career carry. We recover fumbles, only to have the refs signal the other team has possession when our player is holding the ball right in front of king and country. We drop 4th down passes after our QB miraculously evades 3 linemen and fires a perfect pass to the 10 yard line. We get personal foul penalties after our receiver makes a terrific play and gently tosses the ball to the ref and it glances off an opposing player. Need I go on?
My point is obvious. Besides an influx of talent, we still have work to do. We need to somehow undo what we've done. We need to find a way to flip the script on bad luck and misfortune. Now, saying it is one thing, DOING it is quite another. The only way I know to do this is to win, and win early. We just HAVE to figure out how to win and not lose.
-
Like I added in another topic here today there are a lot of believers starting to come out of the woodwork. Maurice Jones Drew and James Jones both said they pick the Browns to sweep the Steelers this year. That's Brandt, Bouchette, Jones Drew, Jones....... the list is growing man. The bus will be overflowing soon
I can completely understand the reasons behind people projecting the Browns to win more games and perhaps even "sweeping the Steelers". On paper, our improvement is noticeable and somewhat irrefutable. But...that's not where things get fuzzy. Where it gets difficult is the "Browns Factor".
I haven't seen this issue brought up before, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist. We lose. We INVENT ways to lose. We make losing look EASY. We fumble the ball when we're up ten points and about to punch it in from the ten yard line after we hand it to the fullback for his 1st career carry. We recover fumbles, only to have the refs signal the other team has possession when our player is holding the ball right in front of king and country. We drop 4th down passes after our QB miraculously evades 3 linemen and fires a perfect pass to the 10 yard line. We get personal foul penalties after our receiver makes a terrific play and gently tosses the ball to the ref and it glances off an opposing player. Need I go on?
My point is obvious. Besides an influx of talent, we still have work to do. We need to somehow undo what we've done. We need to find a way to flip the script on bad luck and misfortune. Now, saying it is one thing, DOING it is quite another. The only way I know to do this is to win, and win early. We just HAVE to figure out how to win and not lose.
I can completely understand the reasons behind people projecting the Browns to win more games and perhaps even "sweeping the Steelers". On paper, our improvement is noticeable and somewhat irrefutable. But...that's not where things get fuzzy. Where it gets difficult is the "Browns Factor".
I haven't seen this issue brought up before, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist. We lose. We INVENT ways to lose. We make losing look EASY. We fumble the ball when we're up ten points and about to punch it in from the ten yard line after we hand it to the fullback for his 1st career carry. We recover fumbles, only to have the refs signal the other team has possession when our player is holding the ball right in front of king and country. We drop 4th down passes after our QB miraculously evades 3 linemen and fires a perfect pass to the 10 yard line. We get personal foul penalties after our receiver makes a terrific play and gently tosses the ball to the ref and it glances off an opposing player. Need I go on?
My point is obvious. Besides an influx of talent, we still have work to do. We need to somehow undo what we've done. We need to find a way to flip the script on bad luck and misfortune. Now, saying it is one thing, DOING it is quite another. The only way I know to do this is to win, and win early. We just HAVE to figure out how to win and not lose.
I totally understand where you are coming from. We have sucked long term. It's my belief however, and the belief of many NFL folks that this is the best group of talent we have had since the return. The belief is the talent will be enough to flip the script. Let's hope that's true. Ps.... Adam Schein who has always belittled the Browns is now "fully onboard" and predicting it's an 8 win team this year.
-
well sht im already thinking about who we might wanna go after in next years drsft but fuk me running some pgh reporter thinks we'll beat the squeelers
-
-
-
I can completely understand the reasons behind people projecting the Browns to win more games and perhaps even "sweeping the Steelers". On paper, our improvement is noticeable and somewhat irrefutable. But...that's not where things get fuzzy. Where it gets difficult is the "Browns Factor".
I haven't seen this issue brought up before, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist. We lose. We INVENT ways to lose. We make losing look EASY. We fumble the ball when we're up ten points and about to punch it in from the ten yard line after we hand it to the fullback for his 1st career carry. We recover fumbles, only to have the refs signal the other team has possession when our player is holding the ball right in front of king and country. We drop 4th down passes after our QB miraculously evades 3 linemen and fires a perfect pass to the 10 yard line. We get personal foul penalties after our receiver makes a terrific play and gently tosses the ball to the ref and it glances off an opposing player. Need I go on?
My point is obvious. Besides an influx of talent, we still have work to do. We need to somehow undo what we've done. We need to find a way to flip the script on bad luck and misfortune. Now, saying it is one thing, DOING it is quite another. The only way I know to do this is to win, and win early. We just HAVE to figure out how to win and not lose.
I totally understand where you are coming from. We have sucked long term. It's my belief however, and the belief of many NFL folks that this is the best group of talent we have had since the return. The belief is the talent will be enough to flip the script. Let's hope that's true. Ps.... Adam Schein who has always belittled the Browns is now "fully onboard" and predicting it's an 8 win team this year.
I totally understand where you are coming from. We have sucked long term. It's my belief however, and the belief of many NFL folks that this is the best group of talent we have had since the return. The belief is the talent will be enough to flip the script. Let's hope that's true. Ps.... Adam Schein who has always belittled the Browns is now "fully onboard" and predicting it's an 8 win team this year.
Believe me, I WANT this to be true. So much so it hurts. However, I know the wretched stink of losing is a sticky film not easily washed off. CONVERSELY...I've long said our beloved Browns won't incrementally get better. We'll have a magic year after everything comes together and then rule with an iron helmet.
This might be that time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login