Skip to content

Steelers writer Ed Bouchette

The Browns Board
159 19 4.5k
  • @boo-fagley said:

    Pittsburgh has the 3rd ranked team overall. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

    Better to stop posting than continue on and remove all doubt that youre a moron.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Pittsburgh has the 3rd ranked team overall. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

    Better to stop posting than continue on and remove all doubt that youre a moron.

    Their offense was ranked 3rd out of 16 in the AFC, their defense was ranked 9th out of 16.  Any moron can tell that that is not a formula for a championship team.  You apparently have not reached the intellectual level of a moron...you are still stuck on Cretin.  Those stats might be good enough to get them into the playoffs in a weak division...which is just what they played in.  Its not good enough to have them be serious contenders.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @the-gipper said:

    Their offense was ranked 3rd out of 16 in the AFC, their defense was ranked 9th out of 16.  Any moron can tell that that is not a formula for a championship team.  You apparently have not reached the intellectual level of a moron...you are still stuck on Cretin.  Those stats might be good enough to get them into the playoffs in a weak division...which is just what they played in.  Its not good enough to have them be serious contenders.

    You wanted to continue on proving your stupidity for all to see.

    The Steelers are 3rd out of 32 teams.

    AFC only

    1 Pittsburgh

    2 NE

    3 Baltimore

    4 Jacksonville

    5 KC

    Pittsburgh had a Super Bowl contending team, but youre too dense to see it.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    The only grounds that you have for calling anyone stupid is that you have been stupid for decades.

    60 + years of experience.

    60+ years of dealing with Cretins like you definitely makes me qualified to know stupid when I see it.   I see it.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @the-gipper said:

    60+ years of dealing with Cretins like you definitely makes me qualified to know stupid when I see it.   I see it.

     You are a product of your own environment.

     I can only imagine the conversations when your kind of people show up in court.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Their offense was ranked 3rd out of 16 in the AFC, their defense was ranked 9th out of 16.  Any moron can tell that that is not a formula for a championship team.  You apparently have not reached the intellectual level of a moron...you are still stuck on Cretin.  Those stats might be good enough to get them into the playoffs in a weak division...which is just what they played in.  Its not good enough to have them be serious contenders.

    You wanted to continue on proving your stupidity for all to see.

    The Steelers are 3rd out of 32 teams.

    AFC only

    1 Pittsburgh

    2 NE

    3 Baltimore

    4 Jacksonville

    5 KC

    Pittsburgh had a Super Bowl contending team, but youre too dense to see it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #73

    @boo-fagley said:

    You wanted to continue on proving your stupidity for all to see.

    The Steelers are 3rd out of 32 teams.

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    AFC only

    1 Pittsburgh

    2 NE

    3 Baltimore

    4 Jacksonville

    5 KC

    Pittsburgh had a Super Bowl contending team, but youre too dense to see it.

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

  • @the-gipper said:

    60+ years of dealing with Cretins like you definitely makes me qualified to know stupid when I see it.   I see it.

     You are a product of your own environment.

     I can only imagine the conversations when your kind of people show up in court.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @boo-fagley said:

     You are a product of your own environment.

     I can only imagine the conversations when your kind of people show up in court.

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

  • Zombo said:

    I am deeper into Steeler land than you will ever know.

    I know how they feel. I know how they bitch about Tomlin. They're idiots.

    Belichick is pretty fortunate to have Brady as well.

    Zombo

    I thought you were in Tampa.

    The Steelers last Super Bowl trophy was 2008. The second year after Cowher handed Tomlin a Super Bowl contender. 

    Look at it this way. If it was only about winning games and not Championships then Andy Reid will still be in Philly. The Eagles like the Steelers had some great teams that Reid failed to do anything with either. So, they shipped his a$$ out of town and next think you know they are SB Champs. Already talking about another run at it with Wentz. BTW, Reid is about to wear his welcome out in KC too. The city has grown tired of just winning games and being in the Super Bowl conversation.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @boo-fagley said:

    I thought you were in Tampa.

    The Steelers last Super Bowl trophy was 2008. The second year after Cowher handed Tomlin a Super Bowl contender. 

    Look at it this way. If it was only about winning games and not Championships then Andy Reid will still be in Philly. The Eagles like the Steelers had some great teams that Reid failed to do anything with either. So, they shipped his a$$ out of town and next think you know they are SB Champs. Already talking about another run at it with Wentz. BTW, Reid is about to wear his welcome out in KC too. The city has grown tired of just winning games and being in the Super Bowl conversation.

    So the Patriots went ten years between SBs and Belichick is the goat, but the Steelers go ten years and Tomlin needs to be fired?

    They just won 13 games. Tell Ben to quit turning the ball over in playoff games.

    football-afc-playoffs-pittsburgh-steeler

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I thought you were in Tampa.

    The Steelers last Super Bowl trophy was 2008. The second year after Cowher handed Tomlin a Super Bowl contender. 

    Look at it this way. If it was only about winning games and not Championships then Andy Reid will still be in Philly. The Eagles like the Steelers had some great teams that Reid failed to do anything with either. So, they shipped his a$$ out of town and next think you know they are SB Champs. Already talking about another run at it with Wentz. BTW, Reid is about to wear his welcome out in KC too. The city has grown tired of just winning games and being in the Super Bowl conversation.

    So the Patriots went ten years between SBs and Belichick is the goat, but the Steelers go ten years and Tomlin needs to be fired?

    They just won 13 games. Tell Ben to quit turning the ball over in playoff games.

    football-afc-playoffs-pittsburgh-steeler

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Zombo said:

    So the Patriots went ten years between SBs and Belichick is the goat, but the Steelers go ten years and Tomlin needs to be fired?

    They just won 13 games. Tell Ben to quit turning the ball over in playoff games.

    football-afc-playoffs-pittsburgh-steeler

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

  • @boo-fagley said:

     You are a product of your own environment.

     I can only imagine the conversations when your kind of people show up in court.

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @the-gipper said:

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You wanted to continue on proving your stupidity for all to see.

    The Steelers are 3rd out of 32 teams.

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    AFC only

    1 Pittsburgh

    2 NE

    3 Baltimore

    4 Jacksonville

    5 KC

    Pittsburgh had a Super Bowl contending team, but youre too dense to see it.

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @the-gipper said:

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You wanted to continue on proving your stupidity for all to see.

    The Steelers are 3rd out of 32 teams.

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    AFC only

    1 Pittsburgh

    2 NE

    3 Baltimore

    4 Jacksonville

    5 KC

    Pittsburgh had a Super Bowl contending team, but youre too dense to see it.

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @the-gipper said:

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

    They were a Super Bowl team that Tomlin cant get to the Super Bowl.

  • Zombo said:

    There it is ... the old "you don't understand what winning is about because you're a Browns fan" argument ... the stupidest of them all.

    I'm a huge sports fan, a Huge NFL fan for 50 of my 54 years, and I'm pretty sure I get it.

    I also get that the "How many rings" argument is not the end all/be all argument in sports, it is just a way for lazy people to try an end an argument.

    This whole "ring is the only thing" argument covers QBs as well as coaches, no?

    So then Ben has the same postseason record as Tomlin in the past 13 years and has lost seven times in the playoffs too, and all the other stats you quote above ... they go for QBs too, right?

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ben have two turnovers in the first half to help his team get in a 28-7 hole to Jacksonville?

    You act like Ben should have a mantle full of Championships because he is a HOF QB.

    I think he's playing with House Money with 3 SBs and two rings. No one is holding him back from further greatness other than ... Tom Brady.

    Ben is not on Tom Brady level. He is not on Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or  the retired Peyton Manning level either ... he has always been on the next notch below that.

    Nothing wrong with that, he has had a great career, but to say he deserves more rings and his coach holds him back is ludicrous.

    He has never been first team All-Pro or NFL MVP.

    He has never been the very best at his position, he is usually somewhere between 5th and 9th.

    He's played 14 seasons, he was named to the Pro Bowl 6 times ... as a backup.

    He's very good. And he should be thankful that he has been on good teams with good defenses, good running games and good weapons..

    You could make an argument that maybe Peyton Manning should have won more championships, and maybe Eli Manning should have won less. But Ben feels about right at two wins in three appearances. Let's face it, the first one, his job was to just not Shmuck it up. The two he got to under Tomlin he deserved ... they both deserved.

    I'm just a simple Browns fan, but I'm pretty sure if the ring argument applies to Tomlin, it applies to Ben.

    Poor Ben, stuck with the second winningest coach in the NFL. He must be so jealous of his draft classmate Phillip Rivers (More Tds, higher comp. %, higher passer rating, more Pro Bowls, less talent around him, coaching carousel ... no rings)

    Zombo

    First off, I was not using the fact that because of the Browns that you would not know about winning. The Browns 7 Championships belies my point. The Browns are revered as one of the great dynasties in football history. You strive to be the best. Ghoolie has it right. Fvck all silver lining BS after you fall on your face. I am not here to insult anyone for loving their football team. 

    Second, I am not lazy or trying to end any argument. I am not backing down about Tomlin. His butt will be gone if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. Tomlins teams are undisciplined. Antonio Brown should have never recorded Tomlins dumbass post game speech that "We got something for that Patriots butt"

    Ben should have more than 1 trophy with Tomlin. Talk to any Steeler fan and ask them yourself. I have been to Pittsburgh the past 2 years and they are not happy campers just because they won another Division banner. The post Ben narrative will be that he could have won more Championships. Brady is lucky to play for the GOAT in Belichick.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #80

    @boo-fagley said:

    First off, I was not using the fact that because of the Browns that you would not know about winning. The Browns 7 Championships belies my point. The Browns are revered as one of the great dynasties in football history. You strive to be the best.

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

  • It's an interesting statement, but it kind of sounds like "shock jock" content.  You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS.  Am I saying it's impossible?  Of course not.  But would I BET on it?  Heck no.  

    If I was asked to make an argument for the Browns winning this game, I actually COULD, but I'm not sure how much I'd believe it.  In my mind, the Steelers tend to start out somewhat slowly.  I don't think they'll get players like Bell into training camp for much, and I don't think he'll play much in the preseason even if he's at camp.  There's a good chance the Steelers may be rusty when they visit to open the season, and that would be the time to make a statement.  Despite what the Pittsburgh players say in interviews about how much the Browns have improved, and how it's not the same old Browns, they're still going to head into the game believing they're going to win, as they should.  They generally DO win, and they generally make the plays when they have to be made.  Remember last opener?  Kizer completes the quick slant to Coleman for a 4th down touchdown to bring us within....like 4 points or something.  Pittsburgh gets the kickoff, and I think we have them in like a 2nd and 12.  Big Ben throws up a "punt" pass to Antonio in double coverage, and somehow he comes down with the ball.  Game over.  That pass falls incomplete, and it's likely Pittsburgh runs it, or attempts a short pass on 3rd down to keep the clock running (I forget how much time is left, so I could be wrong).  

    Anyways, the point is, when a play has to be made, THEY are the ones used to making them.  No matter how rusty they are, no matter how little they played in the preseason, they're going to be confident.  If there was any good news, it'd be that playing the Steelers early is probably better than playing them later, so the time would be right for an upset.  As I've said before, the first game could go a LONG way in determining what kind of season we're going to have.  We find a way to win that first game, and all of the sudden the winless monkey is off our back, we get a division win, we get a HOME win, and our guys start the season with the feeling of WINNING.  We're so used to losing, that I don't think we'd survive an 0-2 beginning to the year.  The first game is so very important, and I'd love nothing more than to beat those turds.  

    But would I bet on it?  Nope. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @jiggins7919 said:

    You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS.

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #82

    @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #83

    @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Maybe they can.   You certainly can't.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #84

    @boo-fagley said:

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

    You are right you don't need me calling you stupid and dumb just by taking breaths you show that you are 

  • @the-gipper said:

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

    They were a Super Bowl team that Tomlin cant get to the Super Bowl.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #85

    @boo-fagley said:

    They were a Super Bowl team that Tomlin cant get to the Super Bowl.

    They were a Super Bowl team a decade ago. Now they are just a playoff team with no real chance at winning the title

  • @boo-fagley said:

    First off, I was not using the fact that because of the Browns that you would not know about winning. The Browns 7 Championships belies my point. The Browns are revered as one of the great dynasties in football history. You strive to be the best.

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #86

    @flugel said:

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

    To answer your trivia question it is:  None

  • @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #87

    @hoorta said:

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    You mean futbol.    Just to refresh our memories:  the bet is that the WC final will not get more than 18 million US viewers.  (It should, as that is a low number for the entire US...but I say it won''t).    Game tomorrow.    If you win, I bring you a decent Finger Lakes wine (you would have to tell me what sort).   I win, I get a nice Reisling. Loser brings the booty to the Jets game tailgate which is when we would likely next meet up.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS.

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @orion said:

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

    I've never wanted a player to succeed more than Josh Gordon. I work in a population devastated by addiction, people who came from nothing, those who just didn't have the love and support they needed growing up. I realize we're all responsible for our choices, but this is the first time Josh looks to have turned the corner, and I want it so bad for him. For all the ones kicked down by life and their bad decisions. Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @hoorta said:

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

    And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. 😆

    GO TEAM USA, baby!

  • Zombo said:

    So the Patriots went ten years between SBs and Belichick is the goat, but the Steelers go ten years and Tomlin needs to be fired?

    They just won 13 games. Tell Ben to quit turning the ball over in playoff games.

    football-afc-playoffs-pittsburgh-steeler

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @boo-fagley said:

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

    Ben is quite the leader.

    I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

    They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

    Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

    They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

    Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

    Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

    Zombo