Skip to content

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

The Browns Board
219 43 8.1k 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    OK allegorically?

    Crocodilically

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Crocodilically

    😆

    Actually they only way you can really make anything up to a deceased person is in their ulogy......or maybe offer to pay for the funeral.

    But seriously may he RIP.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Crocodillys!?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Metaphorically? 

    noun

    1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable inorder to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”Compare mixed metaphor, simile(def 1).
    2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

    It does not answer the question.   What kind of "Metaphorical" payment must Josh Gordon make to Tom Heckert? 

    You could say that "well, now Josh has to prove to the world and to himself that Heckert putting his faith in him was not unwarranted by Josh coming back and keeping clean and having a great productive season." 

    See there...I did your job for you.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You could say that "well, now Josh has to prove to the world and to himself that Heckert putting his faith in him was not unwarranted by Josh coming back and keeping clean and having a great productive season." 

    There.  You figured it out all by yourself.......almost.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    So any word when he is coming back?  Been over a week.

  • So any word when he is coming back?  Been over a week.

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So any word when he is coming back?  Been over a week.

    He is coming back after he bails Calloway out of jail....

  • @the-gipper said:

    You could say that "well, now Josh has to prove to the world and to himself that Heckert putting his faith in him was not unwarranted by Josh coming back and keeping clean and having a great productive season." 

    There.  You figured it out all by yourself.......almost.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    There.  You figured it out all by yourself.......almost.

    I had to because no one else could apparently.

  • @orion said:

    There.  You figured it out all by yourself.......almost.

    I had to because no one else could apparently.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I had to because no one else could apparently.

    It was intended for only smart people to understand.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I had to because no one else could apparently.

    It was intended for only smart people to understand.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    It was intended for only smart people to understand.

    It is why I was the only one who could understand it.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

  • I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

    This is his latest video out today. Note how in it he says “when I HAVE to come back”.    

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

    This is his latest video out today. Note how in it he says “when I HAVE to come back”.    

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    This is his latest video out today. Note how in it he says “when I HAVE to come back”.    

    With the "6 quarters" thing I couldn't help but remember that in the five games he was in last season, there was a huge difference in his contribution if you compared his second half performance.

    Probably he noticed, wanted to be in the best shape possible and focus. It's not only about Hard Knocks being in town. I'm sure the "brotherhood" kind of environment in the team can lead him to do drugs (marijuana and alcohol are very "social" drugs), and he prefers not to take any chances for as long as possible.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Video blocked.

  • Video blocked.

    D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    Video blocked.

    You can open it on YT

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    It's good to see JG staying in shape, working hard each day, training and staying focused..

    I can see why he wouldn't want to be in Cleveland right now...

    Callaway getting popped with MJ, Hard Knocks, etc. 

    I just hope hes there soon... 

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by

    God I love this kid, I have always rooted for him...   He is soft spoken and likely painfully shy. I can relate as I was horribly shy as a young man. I can completely understand why he did what he did as many with his anxiety and shyness did the same.. 

    I was pissed at him years ago for throwing away so much because I didn't understand where it was coming from.. My stereotypical mind went to "He's just another over privileged pooper who took the money and couldn't care less about the team".... Now I see him for what he is.. A shy kid having to deal with horrible anxiety doing something that is the opposite of what his personality wants and that is to stay out of the spotlight and to not be the center of attention. 

    I think he is going to F U C K I N .G kill it this season..

    Josh if by chance you are reading threads like this one... You are going to be one of the Great Ones!   Go Browns....

    On a side note, are these videos recent does anyone know? Was this what he was doing on the offseason? Or is this what he is doing now that his team is in training camp? If it is current I have even more hope for him this season. He looks sharp and in shape and he is focused...

    I understand the need for a QB and Receiver to build trust and to get to know each other. But I believe that Josh is a once in a generation talent that can literally walk on to the field after being out of the league for literal years and have the ball thrown at him and he looks like he never left....

    Tyrod is going to have so much fun with the WR corp we have assembled.

    BobPound!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

      OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

  • Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

      OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

      OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    Cal- I wonder about the "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.  

  • I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while. 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him. 

    I've never been a big fan of Hue as a HC, but I've never doubted that he's a genuine dude. Watching Hard Knocks it came across pretty clearly he cares about Josh Gordon the man and that's where it's all coming from. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

      OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    Cal- I wonder about the "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Cal- I wonder about the "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.  

       Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

       We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

       Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

  • @hoorta said:

    Cal- I wonder about the "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.  

       Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

       We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

       Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

       Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

       We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

       Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

    I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.