Urban Meyer
-
I’ll repeat this for the snowflakes that might read this, this is not like anything that has happened to date. The incidents did not involve Meyer, meyer didn’t do anything illegal, it did not happen on Ohio state property. Where he knew or not does not matter.
Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.
If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.
Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.
If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.
Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees. Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business
-
Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.
And people are already tearing apart the committees report.
Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.
And people are already tearing apart the committees report.
Right....they should have given out NO punishment. Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media. Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe. College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths. I guess the only question is: what do they lie about. Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie. Of course he knows. So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.
-
Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.
If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.
Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees. Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business
Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees. Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business
Actually.....in re Title IX.....the report says that it was the Title IX officer (who got the info from the Campus police....who got the info from the Columbus police) who told AD Smith about the allegations...and AD Smith told Meyer.
Now...what was Meyer to do to comply? Turn around and tell the AD and the Title IX officer the same stuff that he was just told by them?
-
I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.
-
I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.
last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies
-
I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.
last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies
-
I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.
last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies
-
I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.
last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies
last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies
TCU, I don't think, is a patsy by any means. They have been one of the best teams in the Big 12 the last decade.
In the last decade they have ended up ranked in the Top Ten 6 times!!:
2008 7th
2009 6th
2010 2d
2014 3rd
2015 7th
2017 9th
This is in the entire nation.
And the game is in the AT&T Dome in Arlington TX....a home game for them.
If Ohio State is not on their game they could get whipped.
-
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "I like their odds"....
Also not sure what the second part had to do w my comment.
" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O from a weak butt big 12
-
He shouldn't have received any punishment. But they will still kick University of Michigans butt.
-
Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.
And people are already tearing apart the committees report.
Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.
And people are already tearing apart the committees report.
Woody gonna cry

-
Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.
If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.
Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees. Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business
Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees. Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business
Lol no, if you're too ignorant to understand then dont write for god's sake. He absolutely had to report if it wasnt already reported. As it turns out the title IX coordinator informed them of the report and as such he didn't have to. If that was not the case and he didn't report, he would have been fired.
But what do I know, I'm just graduated educated working directly in his field. Shmuck me right?
-
Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.
And people are already tearing apart the committees report.
Right....they should have given out NO punishment. Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media. Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe. College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths. I guess the only question is: what do they lie about. Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie. Of course he knows. So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.
Right....they should have given out NO punishment. Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media. Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe. College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths. I guess the only question is: what do they lie about. Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie. Of course he knows. So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.
The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer. They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence.
OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over
-
The worst part about the whole punishment was the presser. Meyer seemed like a 12 year old who's parents told him to read an apology before his 6th grade class. It came off as being a nuisance more than anything, which isn't surprising considering he's a successful college football coach. Again what is most disheartening are the number of OSU fans already rationalizing his behavior. #MOSUGA
-
Right....they should have given out NO punishment. Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media. Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe. College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths. I guess the only question is: what do they lie about. Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie. Of course he knows. So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.
The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer. They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence.
OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over
The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer.
No, it didn't. Only in your ignorant venal mind did it.
They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence.
OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over
Yes, it is over. Except maybe in the minds of d.i.c.kwads. You qualify
-
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "I like their odds"....
Also not sure what the second part had to do w my comment.
" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O from a weak butt big 12
" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O from a weak butt big 12
I meant I think they’re more likely to do big things than before all this. Not that hard brother.
-
" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O from a weak butt big 12
I meant I think they’re more likely to do big things than before all this. Not that hard brother.
I meant I think they’re more likely to do big things than before all this. Not that hard brother.
oh a rally around are coach kind of thing no that never did cross my mind The Buckeyes are gonna play tough no matter what I do not believe what happened will make a difference one way or another.brother
-
The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer.
No, it didn't. Only in your ignorant venal mind did it.
They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence.
OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over
Yes, it is over. Except maybe in the minds of d.i.c.kwads. You qualify
Gip, it 100% gave multiple reasons OSU could have fired him. I know you didn't read it. At the end of the day, OSU didn't want to fire him. They gave the bare minimum punishment they thought the public would be happy with and spent 11 hours deciding how to rationalize it all. Everyone outside of Buckeye Nation realizes this. Realizes how awful that press conference was. And realizes how bad that reportade Meyer look.
You're one of the most biased OSU fans here, I don't expect to start getting it now. Just know that the rest of the CFB world is looking at this a lot differently than OSU fans.
-
Gip, it 100% gave multiple reasons OSU could have fired him. I know you didn't read it. At the end of the day, OSU didn't want to fire him. They gave the bare minimum punishment they thought the public would be happy with and spent 11 hours deciding how to rationalize it all. Everyone outside of Buckeye Nation realizes this. Realizes how awful that press conference was. And realizes how bad that reportade Meyer look.
You're one of the most biased OSU fans here, I don't expect to start getting it now. Just know that the rest of the CFB world is looking at this a lot differently than OSU fans.
Gip, it 100% gave multiple reasons OSU could have fired him. I know you didn't read it. At the end of the day, OSU didn't want to fire him. They gave the bare minimum punishment they thought the public would be happy with and spent 11 hours deciding how to rationalize it all. Everyone outside of Buckeye Nation realizes this. Realizes how awful that press conference was. And realizes how bad that reportade Meyer look.
You're one of the most biased OSU fans here, I don't expect to start getting it now. Just know that the rest of the CFB world is looking at this a lot differently than OSU fans.
You got one thing right....they gave him a punishment that they thought that some people would be happy about. He deserved no punishment....yet they gave him this just to satisfy the hysterical crowd. There were NO reasons to fire him.
And I "get" everything. Understand this: I am smarter than you....and I pay more attention to this than you. Also, understand this: NO ONE in the national media has concluded that he should be fired for what he did. Most said that he should not be punished. Only ignorant, feckless, biased OSU hating fools like you believe that, and maybe a few people that think that anyone with a penis should have it cut off. Not by any means do the rest of CFB look at it any differently.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login