Skip to content

Honest thoughts

The Browns Board
60 26 2.4k 1
  • I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

    image.png.be7c4b93ca6cc0fb6a20f4efbd822172.png

  • Penalties are always up in preseason..no biggie there.  I dont see cause for concern

  • Jeez, LBC... you bucking for the Debbie Downer avatar?

    C'mon,man... that's 5 pre-season wins in a row!

    @tour2ma said:

    Jeez, LBC... you bucking for the Debbie Downer avatar?

    C'mon,man... that's 5 pre-season wins in a row!

    Undefeated in August - since 2017.

  • Anyone notice the " drug mart" sponsor on the yardage graphic when they were talking about callaways troubles in the 2nd quarter.  I Lol'd

  • I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

    image.png.be7c4b93ca6cc0fb6a20f4efbd822172.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

    image.png.be7c4b93ca6cc0fb6a20f4efbd822172.png

    Dang, didn't we talk about this pre-draft? One big run, then a whole lot of nothing the rest of the game. Barkley's MO. 🙂

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

    image.png.be7c4b93ca6cc0fb6a20f4efbd822172.png

    Dang, didn't we talk about this pre-draft? One big run, then a whole lot of nothing the rest of the game. Barkley's MO. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Dang, didn't we talk about this pre-draft? One big run, then a whole lot of nothing the rest of the game. Barkley's MO. 🙂

    Desean Foster 2.0

  • The way plays were being called kind of reminded me of the last time we played a preseason game after not winning a game in the previous season

  • First preseason game. Don't care, ain't worrying about nothin. I was actually really impressed with how well the oline played, with it being their first preseason outing.

    Amazed by our top two qb's. OMG - Mayfield just keeps showing he's a special talent. I think we finally have our future qb with a Bernie Kosar type qb brain.

    The players were sky high, and it showed every play. They were haven't fun out there, and they meant business. A couple of taunting penalites - Ward was grinning a bit about it - when asked. They know it's preseason and they can fix that easy.

       The Browns couldn't run the ball, don't care. Everybody knows it's preseason, not showing much, nothing fancy, so the Giants went after the running game, dared them to pass and win.  So, the Browns passed them silly and won the game.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401030992

    The upside - passing first downs - 12 - 8(giants)

    4th down efficiency - 2 fer 2, 0-1(giants)

    total yards 372 - 310(giants)

    passing yards 322 - 176(giants)

    Completions/attempts    18/29 62%     22/45 48%(giants)

    yards per pass   10.7     3.7(giants)

    The penalties - don't care right now. that will get fixed

    The offensive line isn't quite settled yet. I will say this - I get po'd when I see the Browns called

    for offensive line holding, and the other team gets away with holding. What the hell is up with that?

    Just my vivid imagination? lol

    Just wait til later - when defenses know the Browns will pass them silly if they just shut down the running game.

  • i see some freaking out about the o-line give the starting 5 time to gell and after cut's i am sure we can find some extra depth there also

  • Honest thought ?...So much has been made from the media all offseason about Baker Mayfield's size. Simply got tired of reading it..So instead of welcoming Baker to Munchkinland. As most scouts and Media did. I'd like to welcome them  to Bakers Land! 

    Is that Baker on the left or right😉.. Browns do have a  history and we did glorify some names..So will Baker be a Bust,be a Bust,be a Bust..in the Hall of Fame?.Stay tuned, it's only his  first preseason game ...but for the love of all midgets, he's not a Munchkin in your Media Land..Go Browns!! hee-hee    

  • Honest thought ?...So much has been made from the media all offseason about Baker Mayfield's size. Simply got tired of reading it..So instead of welcoming Baker to Munchkinland. As most scouts and Media did. I'd like to welcome them  to Bakers Land! 

    Is that Baker on the left or right😉.. Browns do have a  history and we did glorify some names..So will Baker be a Bust,be a Bust,be a Bust..in the Hall of Fame?.Stay tuned, it's only his  first preseason game ...but for the love of all midgets, he's not a Munchkin in your Media Land..Go Browns!! hee-hee    

    @gumby73 said:

    Honest thought ?...So much was been made from the media all offseason about Baker Mayfield's size. Simply got tired of reading it..So instead of welcoming Baker to Munchkinland. As most scouts and Media did. I'd like to welcome them  to Bakers Land! 

    Is that Baker on the left or right😉.. Browns do have a  history and we did glorify some names..So will Baker be a Bust,be a Bust,be a Bust..in the Hall of Fame?.Stay tuned, it's only his  first preseason game ...but for the love of all midgets, he's not a Munchkin in your Media Land..Go Browns!! hee-hee    

    Baker is only like 6’ and I saw no tipped passes.

    The Giants backup QB Davis Webb is 6’5” and how many tipped passes did he have? 4? 5?

  • I like what I saw from Baker.. I wont call it perfect.. But mighty damn impressive... I'm anxious to see how the dynamics unfolds... I'm not ready to put him in Canton... But, I'm encouraged.. One day at a time as they say....

  • Brian Baldinger (NFL Channel) just RAVED about Baker which pleased me as I am (& always have been) a HUGE Baker Fan.

    In addition to his obvious talent, his passion for the game & his competitive level are off the charts. Indeed, Baker Mayfield is a special player.

    That being said, Tyrod may well start the regular season & I will support him fully, but I feel that, in Baker, our future QB has been secured.

    Mike

  • I like what I saw from Baker.. I wont call it perfect.. But mighty damn impressive... I'm anxious to see how the dynamics unfolds... I'm not ready to put him in Canton... But, I'm encouraged.. One day at a time as they say....

    @nickers said:

    I like what I saw from Baker.. I wont call it perfect.. But mighty damn impressive... I'm anxious to see how the dynamics unfolds... I'm not ready to put him in Canton... But, I'm encouraged.. One day at a time as they say....

    I agree, he looked motivated or inspired or something, good combination of Taylor / Mayfield for now.

  • @nickers said:

    I like what I saw from Baker.. I wont call it perfect.. But mighty damn impressive... I'm anxious to see how the dynamics unfolds... I'm not ready to put him in Canton... But, I'm encouraged.. One day at a time as they say....

    I agree, he looked motivated or inspired or something, good combination of Taylor / Mayfield for now.

    @mjp28 said:

    I agree, he looked motivated or inspired or something, good combination of Taylor / Mayfield for now.

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    I agree, he looked motivated or inspired or something, good combination of Taylor / Mayfield for now.

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    @syd said:

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    Was that the QB that tried to make Mayfield his towel Bitch?

  • @syd said:

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    Was that the QB that tried to make Mayfield his towel Bitch?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Was that the QB that tried to make Mayfield his towel Bitch?

    yep

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    I agree, he looked motivated or inspired or something, good combination of Taylor / Mayfield for now.

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    @syd said:

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    Do you mean Davis Webb (the dweeb),  future "towel boy"?  ?

    Mike

  • @syd said:

      I am sure he enjoyed showing up weeb

    Was that the QB that tried to make Mayfield his towel Bitch?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Was that the QB that tried to make Mayfield his towel Bitch?

    Baker's current towel bitch, an improvement.  😁

    emily-wilkinson-6.png

  • @gumby73 said:

    Honest thought ?...So much was been made from the media all offseason about Baker Mayfield's size. Simply got tired of reading it..So instead of welcoming Baker to Munchkinland. As most scouts and Media did. I'd like to welcome them  to Bakers Land! 

    Is that Baker on the left or right😉.. Browns do have a  history and we did glorify some names..So will Baker be a Bust,be a Bust,be a Bust..in the Hall of Fame?.Stay tuned, it's only his  first preseason game ...but for the love of all midgets, he's not a Munchkin in your Media Land..Go Browns!! hee-hee    

    Baker is only like 6’ and I saw no tipped passes.

    The Giants backup QB Davis Webb is 6’5” and how many tipped passes did he have? 4? 5?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Baker is only like 6’ and I saw no tipped passes.

    The Giants backup QB Davis Webb is 6’5” and how many tipped passes did he have? 4? 5?

    The towel Webb'ster, would need a Safety Webb 6 foot 'everywhere' around his receivers..We even logged a 3 down, 15 second defensive stand..my Webb log reads..4 tips,6 sailed high(could have kill'd 2 wide outs),1 late in window,should have been picked.They gave Webb, 4 straight easy passes before half(playing prevent🙁) than he missed(overthrown) a wide open bucket in endzone..wet behind them big ears may need a turd-able towel..