Skip to content

Flash Is Back

The Browns Board
127 40 4.9k 1
  • sydS syd

    @hx214 said:

    So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

    Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

    Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

    I don't fuking understand it either

    @syd said:

    I don't fuking understand it either

    Roger God del has a hard on for him sounds more like it 

  • Browns place him on non-football injury list and he cannot practice with the team yet. Can attend meetings, workouts and be at practice though.

     

    Since #Brown WR Josh Gordon is still in jointly negotiated substance abuse program, he’s subject to certain conditions. Per @NFLprguy: “This part of the process. Can attend meetings, do conditioning. Can go to practice but not participate. No timetable on next step.”
  • So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

    Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

    Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

    @hx214 said:

    So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

    Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

    Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

    Any player given “did not report”  status has to file for reinstatement. Standard procedure. 

  • So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

    Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

    Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

    @hx214 said:

    So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

    Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

    Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

    As said, it's just a formality- as long as he's tested clean... 

  • Gordon is like a ticking alarm clock.  When wil he return to the team?  When will he practice?  When will he play?  When will he Shmuck up? When will go away?  So much drama with a guy that has played 5 games in the last 2 years.

  • Wonder if Kava is banned by the nfl, if not Gordon should be taking it for his anxiety .

    @lbc-mike said:

    Wonder if Kava is banned by the nfl, if not Gordon should be taking it for his anxiety .

    Need to make weed legal and just up the penalties for everything else 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Can a team hire a chaperone?

    I’m pretty sure the Bengals had one for Pac-Man Jones and the WR that flew out the back of the pick up truck while he was trying to beat his girlfriend. Worked 50/50 in that case. 

    Dallas had one for someone at one point too I believe.  

    If I’m Hue, I’d hire one or a whole team of guys. Even if it cost me out of my own pocket. 

    @hx214 said:

    I’m pretty sure the Bengals had one for Pac-Man Jones and the WR that flew out the back of the pick up truck while he was trying to beat his girlfriend. Worked 50/50 in that case. 

    Dallas had one for someone at one point too I believe.  

    If I’m Hue, I’d hire one or a whole team of guys. Even if it cost me out of my own pocket. 

    @kvoethe said:

    Cowboys had hired some guys to keep an eye on someone a few years ago

    That was Randy Gregory. I’d say it didn’t go well, but he’s playing again, faster than it took for Flash to get back.

  • The whole suspension is Retarded.  If he'd have killed someone,  he probably wouldn't have missed a game

  • The whole suspension is Retarded.  If he'd have killed someone,  he probably wouldn't have missed a game

    @sd_tom said:

    The whole suspension is Retarded.  If he'd have killed someone,  he probably wouldn't have missed a game

    What did stallworth get ?

  • @sd_tom said:

    The whole suspension is Retarded.  If he'd have killed someone,  he probably wouldn't have missed a game

    What did stallworth get ?

    @lbc-mike said:

    What did stallworth get ?

    Damn. He did miss a season. Now I remember, I was just surprised he didn't spend much time in jail. I'd still be locked up if I did that.

    I was thinking Ray Lewis, but he wasn't actually charged with murder, so he just got fined

  • with the wr corp we currently have i dont see the need to rush him. And i mean dez might still be on the table who knows.

    all this is up to landry imo. If landry says he can work with josh and dez, bring dez in. But if landry thinks either of em is the ball cancer........bye

    @clevfan4life said:

    with the wr corp we currently have i dont see the need to rush him. And i mean dez might still be on the table who knows.

    all this is up to landry imo. If landry says he can work with josh and dez, bring dez in. But if landry thinks either of em is the ball cancer........bye

    It will be up to Hue & Dorsey. But, as I (and others) pointed out before- with Josh back where does (according to the Cowboys lost a step) Dez fit in? #1 Josh, #2 Callaway, slot Landry, #3 Higgins. Yeah, we have the money to buy a very expensive insurance policy in Bryant- but not if he's going to be whining he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. There's a reason he's still unemployed. 

  • Here's hoping he's here for the season... and beyond...

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's hoping he's here for the season... and beyond...

    More importantly.. Lets hope Josh has his head on.. And his health in tow... I'm rooting for the kid... Callaway , too..

  • JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    Easy there newbie from the limpdick state...

    First thing is to win a starting job... which he may well do, but lotta rust on JG and in case you haven't noticed... we have three WRs ballin' out.

    @nickers said:

    More importantly.. Lets hope Josh has his head on.. And his health in tow... I'm rooting for the kid... Callaway , too..

    Yup... sorta a major prereq to my happy ending.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    Easy there newbie from the limpdick state...

    First thing is to win a starting job... which he may well do, but lotta rust on JG and in case you haven't noticed... we have three WRs ballin' out.

    @nickers said:

    More importantly.. Lets hope Josh has his head on.. And his health in tow... I'm rooting for the kid... Callaway , too..

    Yup... sorta a major prereq to my happy ending.

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy there newbie from the limpdick state...

    First thing is to win a starting job... which he may well do, but lotta rust on JG and in case you haven't noticed... we have three WRs ballin' out.

    Yup... sorta a major prereq to my happy ending.

    Josh winning the starting job won't be immediate, and will obviously hinge on his knowledge of the offense more than anything else. His conditioning won't as good as other receivers, but it also won't be terrible either. The main issue will be whether or not he's a liability to our offense. Running the wrong routes, timing problems, etc. He's missed all of training camp so far, and that's not a minor thing, but let's also not forget that he was in the facility for minicamp and OTA's for the first time in his career. That has to count for something. 

    In terms of winning the starting position, as long as he knows the offense, it obviously won't be an issue. As good as Higgins has looked, he's a far cry from Gordon. When I watched who Baker was throwing to against Buffalo, I couldn't help but think, "How would he be doing with our starting WRs?" 

    Good luck Josh. You have more support than you know. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    with the wr corp we currently have i dont see the need to rush him. And i mean dez might still be on the table who knows.

    all this is up to landry imo. If landry says he can work with josh and dez, bring dez in. But if landry thinks either of em is the ball cancer........bye

    It will be up to Hue & Dorsey. But, as I (and others) pointed out before- with Josh back where does (according to the Cowboys lost a step) Dez fit in? #1 Josh, #2 Callaway, slot Landry, #3 Higgins. Yeah, we have the money to buy a very expensive insurance policy in Bryant- but not if he's going to be whining he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. There's a reason he's still unemployed. 

    @hoorta said:

    It will be up to Hue & Dorsey. But, as I (and others) pointed out before- with Josh back where does (according to the Cowboys lost a step) Dez fit in? #1 Josh, #2 Callaway, slot Landry, #3 Higgins. Yeah, we have the money to buy a very expensive insurance policy in Bryant- but not if he's going to be whining he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. There's a reason he's still unemployed. 

    Precisely!   If Dez had anything left, he would have never made it to Cleveland.  When his biggest fan on the planet (Jerruh) says "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out" - it wasn't just the lost step or 2.  It was all the finger pointing, calling out Garrett's faves and being a Twittiot. 

    If we're going to go with infectious - we already brought in the right kind of it with Jarvis Landry.  Why mess with that?  

    Just an idea.  Larry Fitzgerald's career got jumper cabled when it appeared he was losing a step and Arians moved his veteran savvy/size to the slot. BABOOMBA!  Joe Jurevicius came here and in 2007 - we used his size advantage in the slot to our advantage especially on 3rd downs in particular.  Randy Moss was a rookie of the year in the Slot with Carter and Reed on the outsides.  So, Landry has been lining up outside a lot especially in training camp practices.  Why not move Gordon to a simplified world of facing 3rd corners where he can run slants, posts, flags and drags?   And how often is a 3rd corner just a little bit shorter/lighter than the 2 ahead of him in terms of the size advantage Gordon would have?  It seems like we should put our change of direction guys on the perimeter where they offer us the ability to run every route in the playbook.

    The Safety attention Gordon and Njoku would command should prevent defenses from giving extra attention to Landry and Callaway/Higgins...

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    Easy there newbie from the limpdick state...

    First thing is to win a starting job... which he may well do, but lotta rust on JG and in case you haven't noticed... we have three WRs ballin' out.

    @nickers said:

    More importantly.. Lets hope Josh has his head on.. And his health in tow... I'm rooting for the kid... Callaway , too..

    Yup... sorta a major prereq to my happy ending.

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy there newbie from the limpdick state...

    First thing is to win a starting job... which he may well do, but lotta rust on JG and in case you haven't noticed... we have three WRs ballin' out.

    Yup... sorta a major prereq to my happy ending.

    When I read the title of this thread I thought somebody was a couple weeks late in honoring your return.

    I was gonna say, he's been called a lot of things and Flash isn't one of them.  Speaking of late, glad to see you back and in regular season form already.

  • Gordon is like a ticking alarm clock.  When wil he return to the team?  When will he practice?  When will he play?  When will he Shmuck up? When will go away?  So much drama with a guy that has played 5 games in the last 2 years.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Gordon is like a ticking alarm clock.  When wil he return to the team?  When will he practice?  When will he play?  When will he Shmuck up? When will go away?  So much drama with a guy that has played 5 games in the last 2 years.

    Hopefully he will help win a game or two while he's still on the active roster before the next inevitable departure...... 

  • JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    JG is the man. Really hoping he can dominate the league again like he has in the past.

    josh gordon dominated the league for one season  5 years ago....in the ten or so games he has played since then, he has been mediocre 

    at best by most metrics

  • Josh has what it takes, I am glad he is back, He will be our number 1. Laundry at number 2. I am behind this team no matter how much you guys want him to fail.

  • Callaway is having groin issues so Gordon better step up.