Skip to content

To dez, or not to dez

The Browns Board
43 20 980 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    And throw in Landry with TT or BM and call the PAT team.

    Well...all the attempts to get the ball to Landry down there failed last night.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...all the attempts to get the ball to Landry down there failed last night.  

    With an NFL record 400 catches in his first four years I don't think that will be a problem. 

      Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch APYd Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       64 57 570 400 4038 10.1 22 71 6.3 63.1   26 119 1 22 4.6 1.9 0.4 562 6231 11.1 4157 23 14 33
    2014 22 MIA WR 14 16 11 112 84 758 9.0 5 25 5.3 47.4 75.0% 2 -4 0 4 -2.0 -0.3 0.1 145 1912 13.2 754 5 7 7
    2015* 23 MIA WR 14 16 14 166 110 1157 10.5 4 50 6.9 72.3 66.3% 18 113 1 22 6.3 7.1 1.1 177 1947 11.0 1270 5 1 9
    2016* 24 MIA WR 14 16 16 131 94 1136 12.1 4 71 5.9 71.0 71.8% 5 17 0 13 3.4 1.1 0.3 115 1316 11.4 1153 4 2 10
    2017* 25 MIA WR 14 16 16 161 112 987 8.8 9 49 7.0 61.7 69.6% 1 -7 0 -7 -7.0 -0.4 0.1 125 1056 8.4 980 9 4 7
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...all the attempts to get the ball to Landry down there failed last night.  

    With an NFL record 400 catches in his first four years I don't think that will be a problem. 

      Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch APYd Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       64 57 570 400 4038 10.1 22 71 6.3 63.1   26 119 1 22 4.6 1.9 0.4 562 6231 11.1 4157 23 14 33
    2014 22 MIA WR 14 16 11 112 84 758 9.0 5 25 5.3 47.4 75.0% 2 -4 0 4 -2.0 -0.3 0.1 145 1912 13.2 754 5 7 7
    2015* 23 MIA WR 14 16 14 166 110 1157 10.5 4 50 6.9 72.3 66.3% 18 113 1 22 6.3 7.1 1.1 177 1947 11.0 1270 5 1 9
    2016* 24 MIA WR 14 16 16 131 94 1136 12.1 4 71 5.9 71.0 71.8% 5 17 0 13 3.4 1.1 0.3 115 1316 11.4 1153 4 2 10
    2017* 25 MIA WR 14 16 16 161 112 987 8.8 9 49 7.0 61.7 69.6% 1 -7 0 -7 -7.0 -0.4 0.1 125 1056 8.4 980 9 4 7
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mjp28 said:

    With an NFL record 400 catches in his first four years I don't think that will be a problem. 

      Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch APYd Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       64 57 570 400 4038 10.1 22 71 6.3 63.1   26 119 1 22 4.6 1.9 0.4 562 6231 11.1 4157 23 14 33
    2014 22 MIA WR 14 16 11 112 84 758 9.0 5 25 5.3 47.4 75.0% 2 -4 0 4 -2.0 -0.3 0.1 145 1912 13.2 754 5 7 7
    2015* 23 MIA WR 14 16 14 166 110 1157 10.5 4 50 6.9 72.3 66.3% 18 113 1 22 6.3 7.1 1.1 177 1947 11.0 1270 5 1 9
    2016* 24 MIA WR 14 16 16 131 94 1136 12.1 4 71 5.9 71.0 71.8% 5 17 0 13 3.4 1.1 0.3 115 1316 11.4 1153 4 2 10
    2017* 25 MIA WR 14 16 16 161 112 987 8.8 9 49 7.0 61.7 69.6% 1 -7 0 -7 -7.0 -0.4 0.1 125 1056 8.4 980 9 4 7

    I would hope not...though...except for last year, his TD totals not all that impressive.

  • @mjp28 said:

    With an NFL record 400 catches in his first four years I don't think that will be a problem. 

      Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch APYd Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       64 57 570 400 4038 10.1 22 71 6.3 63.1   26 119 1 22 4.6 1.9 0.4 562 6231 11.1 4157 23 14 33
    2014 22 MIA WR 14 16 11 112 84 758 9.0 5 25 5.3 47.4 75.0% 2 -4 0 4 -2.0 -0.3 0.1 145 1912 13.2 754 5 7 7
    2015* 23 MIA WR 14 16 14 166 110 1157 10.5 4 50 6.9 72.3 66.3% 18 113 1 22 6.3 7.1 1.1 177 1947 11.0 1270 5 1 9
    2016* 24 MIA WR 14 16 16 131 94 1136 12.1 4 71 5.9 71.0 71.8% 5 17 0 13 3.4 1.1 0.3 115 1316 11.4 1153 4 2 10
    2017* 25 MIA WR 14 16 16 161 112 987 8.8 9 49 7.0 61.7 69.6% 1 -7 0 -7 -7.0 -0.4 0.1 125 1056 8.4 980 9 4 7

    I would hope not...though...except for last year, his TD totals not all that impressive.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    I would hope not...though...except for last year, his TD totals not all that impressive.

    Yes he has been more of a possession move the chains guy, hopefully he will be a more important role with the still somewhat unsettled WR BROWNS team.

    Flash - long guy, Landry/Johnson the short, in between guys.

  • @mjp28 said:

    And throw in Landry with TT or BM and call the PAT team.

    Well...all the attempts to get the ball to Landry down there failed last night.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...all the attempts to get the ball to Landry down there failed last night.  

    I'm not sure their is a football team on Earth worse at throwing fades than the Browns, regardless of who is throwing them. 

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #22
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I vote "not to"...

  • I vote "not to"...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    I vote "not to"...

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Will he accept the low offer? Will he accept his position as last man up? Can Callaway and Gordon keep their noses clean?

    WSS

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #26

    He could be just doing what the last few FA have done...come..get paid...do nothing before you retire.

    Im sure veterans around the league were salivating until dorsey showed up

  • @tour2ma said:

    I vote "not to"...

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mjp28 said:

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

     I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    Classic Mike Singletary has been working on 3 year cycles..  

      Now a LB coach at Rams..Take Dez off the list in LA 😁

  • @tour2ma said:

    I vote "not to"...

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mjp28 said:

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    Browns offered what they felt was market value for Dez- (one year, less than $5 million) he obviously wants a lot more... shades of Terrell Pryor.  Said it a bunch of times, Bryant will bide his time until a (playoff level) team has an injury to their #1 or #2 wr, and cash in. Mentioned the Jets have doo-doo at wr, and they haven't been talking to Dez.  

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Jags will be callin him.  Damn that was gruesome.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I vote "not to"...

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mjp28 said:

    Does "the dez" operate on three year cycles?

    ....Bryant is coming off three down seasons after registering at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in three straight campaigns from 2012-2014.....

    What a conundrum for the BROWNS, what do you offer and hope for with this dude? I think he's definitely in the Prima Donna class.

    Prima Donna or Pre-Madonnna?  I'll take Pre-Madonna because all that work that went into her performance led to a lot of success in the entertainment industry.

    1 thing people forget about Dez is what he's overcome to get to the pro football level in the first place.  I remember reading his mother was working the streets to support her drug habit.  At 17, she got knocked up by a 39 year old guy in between prison sentences.  Talk about Meet the Parent or Meet the Fockers - here's the real version of it.

    Just getting to high school and past it showed this kid had some strengths.  Then he gets to college and made himself a 1st round talent (albeit with some inevitable baggage the right NFL owner helped him control).   I could be wrong here but Jerruh Jones was the first father figure he's had.  The blessing of it all is his football talent gave him goals and wealth he didn't need to look to the streets for.  Even better, he found the guidance.

    So, is he good for us at this point?   I think he's lost a step or 2 BUT I was surprised to see he still led his team with 69 rec for 838 yards and 6 TD in what he considers forgettable football.  Now, he feels he has a point to prove. If he brings that mission to the right place where he's facing 2nd or 3rd corners - it wouldn't take that much to change my mind about adding him here.  I'm reading there's still some intrigue and temptation.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

    Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

  • What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

    Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mjp28 said:

    What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

    Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

    Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

  • @mjp28 said:

    What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

    Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

    Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @flugel said:

    Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

    Because Gordon and Callaway on the roster isn't enough potential for drama? 

  • Jags will be callin him.  Damn that was gruesome.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @kvoethe said:

    Jags will be callin him. 

    ☎️ Tom Coughlin held for you 2 hours ago,says was late for a meeting and left me a message..Say's you owe him a case of depends manpads at your post time & do you still have the key to lock him under the stadium if needed? ? please return his call at 888-WhosDez.. 

  • @flugel said:

    Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

    Because Gordon and Callaway on the roster isn't enough potential for drama? 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dutch-oven said:

    Because Gordon and Callaway on the roster isn't enough potential for drama? 

    It's not exactly breaking news that the NFL is full of drama queens that play WR outside of Cleveland. So, if one or both get suspended again like they've been every season in the last 3 years, you're completely cozy with just Landry and Higgins with total confidence neither guy will miss time to injury?  I'm not. 

    It isn't like we're coming off playoff football stacked up with depth in the WR Corps. That position group took a longer nap than Rip Van Winkle.  We're still an injury or 2 away from the same ole "UH-OH" we've been looking at. Dez is still only 29 years old and if he's facing 2nd or 3rd corners - he has the experience to be helpful. As bad as his last season was in Dallas, it was 69 rec for 838 yards and 6 TDs.  When is the last time we had a WR here give us as many as 6 TD receptions in 1 year?  And that's a season he wants to forget facing #1 corners.   He won't have to do that here.  I'd rather get this guy with an agenda to prove he still has some good football left in him.  The alternative is inexperience and growing pains UNLESS Jeff Janis is quietly lighting it up for something other than a STs role.

    Last but not least, Dorsey isn't a pussy.  If Dez shows up causing problems - he'll get Dorsey-Dough'd on outta here before you can even give me my told ya so.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Jags will be callin him. 

    ☎️ Tom Coughlin held for you 2 hours ago,says was late for a meeting and left me a message..Say's you owe him a case of depends manpads at your post time & do you still have the key to lock him under the stadium if needed? ? please return his call at 888-WhosDez.. 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gumby73 said:

    ☎️ Tom Coughlin held for you 2 hours ago,says was late for a meeting and left me a message..Say's you owe him a case of depends manpads at your post time & do you still have the key to lock him under the stadium if needed? ? please return his call at 888-WhosDez.. 

    Im usually pretty astute...I either had a stroke or hit my head and now speak french.  Can anyone explain wth this even means?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    "And these are the Days of our Lives."

    .......but I actually prefer the Young & the Restless for good soap opera entertainment, seriously I've been watching it for about 40 years.

    But now there is HARD KNOCKS, CLEVELAND BROWNS style. Is this a great country or what!