*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions
-
*GAMEDAY THREAD* THURSDAY AUG. 30, Min in CLE 1 pm ~and~ CLE in Detroit 7 pm, almost over!
Date Opp Time TV Indians : Pitcher Opp: Pitcher Tue. 28 vs. Min 7:10 PM ET STOh/FSN C. Carrasco (15-7) K. Gibson (7-10) Wed. 29 vs. Min 7:10 PM ET STOh/FSN A. Plutko (4-4) K. Stewart (0-1) Thu. 30 vs. Min 1:10 PM ET FB <--- so what TV network is covering this one? M. Clevinger (9-7) J. Odorizzi (5-8) Fri. 31 vs. TB 7:10 PM ET STOh/SUN C. Kluber (16-7) And it seemed before the 2018 draft that this day would never come, LAST PRESEASON GAME!
Preseason Schedule
Week Day Date Opponent Time TV Result Week 2 Thu. 8/9 @ New York Giants 7:00 PM ET NFLN W 20-10 Week 3 Fri. 8/17 vs. Buffalo Bills 7:30 PM ET NFLN L 19-17 Week 4 Thu. 8/23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 8:00 PM ET FOX W 5-0 <--- the BROWNS defense has only given up 27 points so far? Week 5 Thu. 8/30 @ Detroit Lions 7:00 PM ET NFLN Schedule
Week Day Date Opponent Time TV Result Week 1 Sun. 9/9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 PM ET CBS Preseason Schedule
Week Day Date Opponent Time TV Result Week 2 Thu. 8/9 @ New York Giants 7:00 PM ET NFLN W 20-10 Week 3 Fri. 8/17 vs. Buffalo Bills 7:30 PM ET NFLN L 19-17 Week 4 Thu. 8/23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 8:00 PM ET FOX W 5-0 <--- the BROWNS defense has only given up 27 points so far? Week 5 Thu. 8/30 @ Detroit Lions 7:00 PM ET NFLN dd LOL! I know it's picky but 10 + 19 + 0= 29
You were adding up the columns but forgot the losing score for the Browns in game 2 was on the right side with the other two defensive winning scores.?
-
Guys that could see action: Zeitler (I doubt it), Calloway, and Coley.
Baker to get significant playing time.
Fullback Vitale is out and and no mention of DeVulva ... it feels like the world is breaking right for Devon "Juice" Cajuste.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-to-rest-most-starters-in-preseason-finale-at-detroit
Zombo
-
I heard Flash Gordon will be inactive for the GLC.
-
Preseason Schedule
Week Day Date Opponent Time TV Result Week 2 Thu. 8/9 @ New York Giants 7:00 PM ET NFLN W 20-10 Week 3 Fri. 8/17 vs. Buffalo Bills 7:30 PM ET NFLN L 19-17 Week 4 Thu. 8/23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 8:00 PM ET FOX W 5-0 <--- the BROWNS defense has only given up 27 points so far? Week 5 Thu. 8/30 @ Detroit Lions 7:00 PM ET NFLN dd LOL! I know it's picky but 10 + 19 + 0= 29
You were adding up the columns but forgot the losing score for the Browns in game 2 was on the right side with the other two defensive winning scores.?
LOL! I know it's picky but 10 + 19 + 0= 29
You were adding up the columns but forgot the losing score for the Browns in game 2 was on the right side with the other two defensive winning scores.?
They said there'd be no math questions!

-
whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )
it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee
whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )
it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee
Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter.
Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.
-
whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )
it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee
Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter.
Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.
Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter.
Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.
last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves
-
Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter.
Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.
last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves
last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves
That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.
-
last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves
That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.
That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.
well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice
-
That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.
well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice
well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice
I remember of a few old snowstorm college games where they'd punt on first down to try and recover the fumble.
But no I guess you can't just forfeit the games and go home, or can you? Hmmmmm, the vendors would hate that!
-
whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )
it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee
Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter.
Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.
-
-
The Cook? Casey Ryback?
That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago?

Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.
-
The Cook? Casey Ryback?
That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago?

Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.
-
The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.
Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?
-
Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.
-
The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.
Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?
-
Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.
Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.
How many of you listen to games on the radio? I have WKBN 570 out of Youngstown on, a good AM station which really can carry out there, I know guys down south that occasionally catch it.
How many of you watch none, part or all of preseason football games? Game 4 in particular.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login