Skip to content

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

The Browns Board
218 36 4.8k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    I heard Flash Gordon will be inactive for the GLC.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )

    it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee

  • @mjp28 said:

    Preseason Schedule

    Week Day Date Opponent Time TV Result
    Week 2 Thu. 8/9 @ New York Giants 7:00 PM ET NFLN  W 20-10
    Week 3 Fri. 8/17 vs. Buffalo Bills 7:30 PM ET NFLN  L 19-17
    Week 4 Thu. 8/23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 8:00 PM ET FOX  W 5-0 <--- the BROWNS defense has only given up 27 points so far?
    Week 5 Thu. 8/30 @ Detroit Lions 7:00 PM ET NFLN   
    dd            
                 

    LOL! I know it's picky but 10 + 19 + 0= 29

    You were adding up the columns but forgot the losing score for the Browns in game 2 was on the right side with the other two defensive winning scores.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! I know it's picky but 10 + 19 + 0= 29

    You were adding up the columns but forgot the losing score for the Browns in game 2 was on the right side with the other two defensive winning scores.?

    They said there'd be no math questions! 😒

  • sydS syd

    whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )

    it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )

    it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee

    Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

  • @syd said:

    whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )

    it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee

    Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

    That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

  • @syd said:

    last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

    That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

    well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter  but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

    well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter  but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter  but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice

    I remember of a few old snowstorm college games where they'd punt on first down to try and recover the fumble.

    But no I guess you can't just forfeit the games and go home, or can you? Hmmmmm, the vendors would hate that!

  • @syd said:

    whats the point of playing baker I believe we all have seen enough of him going up against the 2's thru 4's and the future grocery baggers ( and by we I also mean the coachs )

    it's the 4th pre season game can't we just take a knee

    Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    Plus one on the PS...

  • @mjp28 said:

    Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

    Plus one on the PS...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus one on the PS...

    The Cook?  Casey Ryback?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Plus one on the PS...

    The Cook?  Casey Ryback?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The Cook?  Casey Ryback?

    That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago? 😆

      Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Cook?  Casey Ryback?

    That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago? 😆

      Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago? 😆

      Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.

    The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.

  • @mjp28 said:

    That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago? 😆

      Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.

    The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.

    Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

  • Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

    Or monthly bills...

  • @the-gipper said:

    The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.

    Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?

    He already made a similar move when he cut Kosar and handed Todd Philcox the starting QB job.

  • Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

    How many of you listen to games on the radio? I have WKBN 570 out of Youngstown on, a good AM station which really can carry out there, I know guys down south that occasionally catch it.

    How many of you watch none, part or all of preseason football games? Game 4 in particular. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    ill watch some of the game but I believe there are some collage games on also as far as radio I used to years ago it seems to be a lost art (any kind of sports radio listening) on mlbtv it was either the reds game or the tribe we got the reds on the west coast

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    28 players listed as out. No Defensive starters will play...Baker a half.Bro'bie 2nd half.Stanton a safety net.Chubb,Callaway,Corbett,Zeitler will play on limited snap count..

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    4TH preseason game is always the most boring.