Skip to content

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

The Browns Board
218 36 4.8k 1
  • sydS syd

    oh hue sucks

    @syd said:

    oh hue sucks

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

  • @syd said:

    oh hue sucks

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    @clevfan4life said:

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

  • @syd said:

    oh hue sucks

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    @clevfan4life said:

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    it was a team call which included huey and after 3 straight plays the 1st and 3rd being the same call pre season or not we should have just tried to punch it in

  • Well, for a 5 zip game it held my interest. 

    Initial thoughts. Is our defense really that good? My head says maybe so, and my heart just says “superbowl” all the time. Stupid heart got no brains. The turnover rate was an anomaly, but thinking back to the first 2 ps games the pressure and hands near the ball were there, so this defense might be for real. 

    On offense l got the impression that Philly’s defense really is that good. The Oline didn’t do terrible, but even with time on passing plays there just didn’t seem to be much there. Can’t say l’m terribly disenchanted. They basically threw up a stalemate against the squad that won the superbowl for an entire half. 

    Good to see Baker get a taste of hard knocks. I think he’s got the mindset and confidence to acclimate and my belief is a game like this will ramp up his drive. That goes for the offense in general and my hope is that Haley will use a performance like this to get them to the next level. 

  • well if anything are D looked good liked seeing those turnovers also liked how the flags were not thrown in are general  direction with the first team in

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh no Tyrod was QB #29......now what? Geeezzzz. Maybe he'll be ok? 😳

    Whew, back out helmet in hand!

    @mjp28 said:

    Whew, back out helmet in hand!

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Looks pretty good for a broken wrist...................

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Whew, back out helmet in hand!

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Looks pretty good for a broken wrist...................

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    @hoorta said:

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    maybe his mind for not throwing the ball away

  • sydS syd

    @clevfan4life said:

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    it was a team call which included huey and after 3 straight plays the 1st and 3rd being the same call pre season or not we should have just tried to punch it in

    @syd said:

     pre season or not we should have just tried to punch it in

    i 100% concur. 

  • So what about the Baker INT? The receiver in a crossing route gets hit by a defender so another defender has a clear path to the ball. Does this get flagged in regular season? Not with the Browns?

    When I saw the replay it somehow relieved me, because it can partially spare Baker's guilt on the play: the defender was sitting in the zone, but if the receiver hadn't been hit he would have had at least a shot at catching the ball or avoid the interception. The QB is already throwing the ball when the receiver gets picked.

  • sydS syd

    @hoorta said:

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    maybe his mind for not throwing the ball away

    @syd said:

    maybe his mind for not throwing the ball away

    It was 4th down. Trying to make a play cause if he doesn't we turn the ball over

    L

  • @clevfan4life said:

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

  • sydS syd

    @jrb12711 said:

    Broken wrist for sure. What a Shmucking waste to put him in that position.

    so your sure about that ? then tell me about ward since you are a seer of such things

    hey what position ? all he had to do was throw the damn ball away

    @syd said:

    so your sure about that ? then tell me about ward since you are a seer of such things

    hey what position ? all he had to do was throw the damn ball away

    stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.

    Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Whew, back out helmet in hand!

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Looks pretty good for a broken wrist...................

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    @hoorta said:

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    I was thinking oh no not another RG III situation -but- take a deep breath for now.  

    So who starts and mops up at quarterback next week? Tyrod quick tuneup and out? Mayfield the bulk? Stanton gets more time? Stay tuned.

  • At first I was furious about not punching it in, but now I realize we were definitely trying to work on some things.  It's completely maddening as a fan though, and I just wanted to celebrate a touchdown.  Even more infuriating were the number of "wtf plays" we had where it appeared our players didn't know what they were doing.  One of them happened on the goal line, and that was unacceptable.  I guess that's the proof we need to show that we definitely needed to work on the passing plays!  

    The bigger problem I had was the QB draw call.  It was so obvious, and why would you run that with your first string QB?  QB draws only work AGAINST us, not FOR us.  LOL

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    If they were going to try something they should have tried throwing it to Njoku.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    @mjp28 said:

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

  • @mjp28 said:

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

    Degenerates who must gamble......not me. 😆

  • another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ? 

    it just doesn't make sense