Skip to content

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

The Browns Board
218 36 4.8k 1
  • sydS syd

    @hoorta said:

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    maybe his mind for not throwing the ball away

    @syd said:

    maybe his mind for not throwing the ball away

    It was 4th down. Trying to make a play cause if he doesn't we turn the ball over

    L

  • @clevfan4life said:

    u know those pass plays down there at the 1 were haleys call right?

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

  • sydS syd

    @jrb12711 said:

    Broken wrist for sure. What a Shmucking waste to put him in that position.

    so your sure about that ? then tell me about ward since you are a seer of such things

    hey what position ? all he had to do was throw the damn ball away

    @syd said:

    so your sure about that ? then tell me about ward since you are a seer of such things

    hey what position ? all he had to do was throw the damn ball away

    stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.

    Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Whew, back out helmet in hand!

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Looks pretty good for a broken wrist...................

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    @hoorta said:

    I thought for sure he broke something....  

    I was thinking oh no not another RG III situation -but- take a deep breath for now.  

    So who starts and mops up at quarterback next week? Tyrod quick tuneup and out? Mayfield the bulk? Stanton gets more time? Stay tuned.

  • At first I was furious about not punching it in, but now I realize we were definitely trying to work on some things.  It's completely maddening as a fan though, and I just wanted to celebrate a touchdown.  Even more infuriating were the number of "wtf plays" we had where it appeared our players didn't know what they were doing.  One of them happened on the goal line, and that was unacceptable.  I guess that's the proof we need to show that we definitely needed to work on the passing plays!  

    The bigger problem I had was the QB draw call.  It was so obvious, and why would you run that with your first string QB?  QB draws only work AGAINST us, not FOR us.  LOL

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    If they were going to try something they should have tried throwing it to Njoku.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    My guess is they were “trying things”. Pre-season and all. 

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Exactamundo! We know we have two big backs that can score from the one. We need to know what we can do with redzone passing plays and that was prime opportunity in a meaningless game. Sure I was pissed while it was happening because I wanted to give the D more than a TD spread for the remainder of the game, but I understood it for what it was.

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    @mjp28 said:

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

  • @mjp28 said:

    That's true, it's not exactly a regular season division game -but- I'm sure we fans wanted to see at least ONE stinkin' TD in 60 minutes, ONE? Where's Harry Doyle? 😆

    But for the degenerate gamblers the BROWNS were favored by -4 and won by 5!

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would anyone ever bet on a preseason game?  Just to make money for the casinos?

    Degenerates who must gamble......not me. 😆

  • another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ? 

    it just doesn't make sense 

  • sydS syd

    another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ? 

    it just doesn't make sense 

    @syd said:

    another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ? 

    it just doesn't make sense 

    Either a. he wasn't hurt bad at all or b.test him out. 

    So how much does he play in G4? Stay tuned.

  • @syd said:

    so your sure about that ? then tell me about ward since you are a seer of such things

    hey what position ? all he had to do was throw the damn ball away

    stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.

    Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?

    @jrb12711 said:

    stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.

    Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?

    taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away

    also hue should be fired for putting him back in

  • Guess TTaylor will be having X rays or something along that line today. Hope it all comes back negative.

  • Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

  • Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    Wow ... No.

    I love Chubb coming in after Hyde, two big power backs and Duke.

    Dayes doesn't make my roster ... let alone take carries away from Chubb.

    Zombo

  • Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    i concur. He's powerful but too upright. But its after contact mostly that he drags some guys, he doest pop through the seams with power like hyde does to get to the open field.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    Wow ... No.

    I love Chubb coming in after Hyde, two big power backs and Duke.

    Dayes doesn't make my roster ... let alone take carries away from Chubb.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Wow ... No.

    I love Chubb coming in after Hyde, two big power backs and Duke.

    Dayes doesn't make my roster ... let alone take carries away from Chubb.

    Zombo

    Cool.  Then we're watching a different player. 

    The run in with Barnett was a huge red flag for me. 

  • Zombo said:

    Wow ... No.

    I love Chubb coming in after Hyde, two big power backs and Duke.

    Dayes doesn't make my roster ... let alone take carries away from Chubb.

    Zombo

    Cool.  Then we're watching a different player. 

    The run in with Barnett was a huge red flag for me. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Cool.  Then we're watching a different player. 

    The run in with Barnett was a huge red flag for me. 

    Nope I think we're watching the same player.

    A talented back getting his exposure to the NFL. That's what the preseason is for.

    What do you like so much about Matt Dayes?

    Zombo

  • Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off topic - Chubb.  Not feeling his running style or vision so far. I have serious concerns. Dayes is still my #2 guy. 

    ?? seriously? you can't be serious. He may have missed up the middle once when that opened at the last split second, but come on.

    It is preseason. When we played the Giants, did you not feel barkley's "style or vision" ?

    Barkley ran it four times against us.

    S. Barkley 4 43 0 39

    Take away his one big run, and he ran 3 times for 4 yards.

    It's preseason.