*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions
-
stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.
Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
I dunno man. Preseason or not l like seeing my starting QB balls out on 4th and goal. Practice like you play.
-
I had Chubb as my #2 running back in this class and I'll have to admit I'm worried about his vision. Chubb is a monster up the gut when he had a hole, but hes either indecisive about which hole to go through or just runs into the pile. The line wasn't opening many holes for him so my fingers are crossed hes not another trent Richardson.
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays. S. Thomas looked awful, hell be lucky to get a practice squad spot
-
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
I dunno man. Preseason or not l like seeing my starting QB balls out on 4th and goal. Practice like you play.
I dunno man. Preseason or not l like seeing my starting QB balls out on 4th and goal. Practice like you play.
I understand what you are saying but look what it got him
-
I had Chubb as my #2 running back in this class and I'll have to admit I'm worried about his vision. Chubb is a monster up the gut when he had a hole, but hes either indecisive about which hole to go through or just runs into the pile. The line wasn't opening many holes for him so my fingers are crossed hes not another trent Richardson.
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays. S. Thomas looked awful, hell be lucky to get a practice squad spot
I had Chubb as my #2 running back in this class and I'll have to admit I'm worried about his vision. Chubb is a monster up the gut when he had a hole, but hes either indecisive about which hole to go through or just runs into the pile. The line wasn't opening many holes for him so my fingers are crossed hes not another trent Richardson.
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays. S. Thomas looked awful, hell be lucky to get a practice squad spot
#47 right ? if so hell yes so was I
-
Fighting through that block to blow up the ball carrier was one of the best plays of the night. Had good coverage from what I saw too
-
another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ?
it just doesn't make sense
another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ?
it just doesn't make sense
Choose your answer:
A. Hue is an idiot
B. Hue is an arsehole
C. Hue is as dumb as a box of rocks
D. Hue is a pussbag who was told by TT that he wanted to go back in the game and Hue did not have the kohones to say no
E. All of the above.
-
I had Chubb as my #2 running back in this class and I'll have to admit I'm worried about his vision. Chubb is a monster up the gut when he had a hole, but hes either indecisive about which hole to go through or just runs into the pile. The line wasn't opening many holes for him so my fingers are crossed hes not another trent Richardson.
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays. S. Thomas looked awful, hell be lucky to get a practice squad spot
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays
He was easy to notice - I hadn't even heard of him before, but he kept making some great plays.
Determined, hard work ethic player -
he can't be cut - he's too valuable a play maker.
-
stifle yourself, seriously. Literally everyone from Tyrod himself to the announcers and training staff felt or were acting like it was broken. You must super fun at parties.
Of course you're the football guru who wants a QB to throw the ball away on 4th and goal. Hey savant, while we're at it should we just take a QB kneel on 1st down every drive too?
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
Because a veteran in a battle for his job against the #1 pick is sure going to get some praise for throwing the ball away right? If the trainers said he was healthy, I have no worries. He didn't look any worse for wear out there.
-
On a side note was I the only one who was impressed with this CB McKinnon kid. I saw him make a couple of really nice plays
He was easy to notice - I hadn't even heard of him before, but he kept making some great plays.
Determined, hard work ethic player -
he can't be cut - he's too valuable a play maker.
He was easy to notice - I hadn't even heard of him before, but he kept making some great plays.
Determined, hard work ethic player -
he can't be cut - he's too valuable a play maker.
Definitely look solid out there. On an interesting aside, I'm going to be really interested to see how rosters shape out this year with the new kickoff rules. Usually those 3-4 guys are the bulkier types, but the new rules will easily lend themselves to have another WR or CB on the roster instead.
-
another thing I forgot to mention why did hue put taylor back out there after he was hurt ?
it just doesn't make sense
Choose your answer:
A. Hue is an idiot
B. Hue is an arsehole
C. Hue is as dumb as a box of rocks
D. Hue is a pussbag who was told by TT that he wanted to go back in the game and Hue did not have the kohones to say no
E. All of the above.
Choose your answer:
A. Hue is an idiot
B. Hue is an arsehole
C. Hue is as dumb as a box of rocks
D. Hue is a pussbag who was told by TT that he wanted to go back in the game and Hue did not have the kohones to say no
E. All of the above.
E..E..E yes yes the answer is flipping E
-
Zombo said:
Nope I think we're watching the same player.
A talented back getting his exposure to the NFL. That's what the preseason is for.
What do you like so much about Matt Dayes?
Zombo
The initial stance and subsequent running bother me. He's simply too high from my vantage point. On top of that his head and eyes seem to be square with his frame - tunnel vision. That hit by Barnett literally pushed him outside of edge contain and forced him out that way. Plus, even for a big man, I could swear he runs very heavy footed.
What do I like about Dayes? Pad level, patience, cutback vision, decisiveness and ability to press defenders in the hole before taking his lane.
The initial stance and subsequent running bother me. He's simply too high from my vantage point. On top of that his head and eyes seem to be square with his frame - tunnel vision. That hit by Barnett literally pushed him outside of edge contain and forced him out that way. Plus, even for a big man, I could swear he runs very heavy footed.
What do I like about Dayes? Pad level, patience, cutback vision, decisiveness and ability to press defenders in the hole before taking his lane.
Chubb is bigger, faster, and produced more at a bigger school.
Dayes is kinda a dime a dozen on the NFL scale.
Chubb is in good hands getting tutelage from the likes of Freddie Kitchens, Al Saunders and Todd Haley. He'll be just fine.
I like the Mike Pruitt comparison, similar running styles.
Zombo
-
taylor is a freaking vet he should know to take care of himself and yes so what 4th down in a meaningless game either run out of bounds or throw it away
also hue should be fired for putting him back in
Because a veteran in a battle for his job against the #1 pick is sure going to get some praise for throwing the ball away right? If the trainers said he was healthy, I have no worries. He didn't look any worse for wear out there.
Because a veteran in a battle for his job against the #1 pick is sure going to get some praise for throwing the ball away right? If the trainers said he was healthy, I have no worries. He didn't look any worse for wear out there.
Taylor is not in a battle with anyone Last night was the first time Mayfield had any time with the 1's (which btw is ignorant of hue) also I am sure the coachs would rather have a healthy Taylor going into week one than a meaning less attempt at a t.d another also just because the x-rays were negative doesn't mean that he is not hurt
-
The initial stance and subsequent running bother me. He's simply too high from my vantage point. On top of that his head and eyes seem to be square with his frame - tunnel vision. That hit by Barnett literally pushed him outside of edge contain and forced him out that way. Plus, even for a big man, I could swear he runs very heavy footed.
What do I like about Dayes? Pad level, patience, cutback vision, decisiveness and ability to press defenders in the hole before taking his lane.
Chubb is bigger, faster, and produced more at a bigger school.
Dayes is kinda a dime a dozen on the NFL scale.
Chubb is in good hands getting tutelage from the likes of Freddie Kitchens, Al Saunders and Todd Haley. He'll be just fine.
I like the Mike Pruitt comparison, similar running styles.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Chubb is bigger, faster, and produced more at a bigger school.
Cool - So did Reggie Bush compared to Matt Forte'. What's your point here?
Dayes is kinda a dime a dozen on the NFL scale.
What does that even mean? What scale?
Chubb is in good hands getting tutelage from the likes of Freddie Kitchens, Al Saunders and Todd Haley. He'll be just fine.
I can tell you about a ton of former greats that had shitty players.
I like the Mike Pruitt comparison, similar running styles.
Sure thing.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
Chubb is bigger, faster, and produced more at a bigger school.
Cool - So did Reggie Bush compared to Matt Forte'. What's your point here?
Dayes is kinda a dime a dozen on the NFL scale.
What does that even mean? What scale?
Chubb is in good hands getting tutelage from the likes of Freddie Kitchens, Al Saunders and Todd Haley. He'll be just fine.
I can tell you about a ton of former greats that had shitty players.
I like the Mike Pruitt comparison, similar running styles.
Sure thing.
Zombo
Cool - So did Reggie Bush compared to Matt Forte'. What's your point here?
My point is that Chubb is a much, much better NFL RB prospect than Dayes.
Reggie Bush had over 9,000 yards in the NFL, I'd take that from Chubb ... So you think Dayes is Matt Forte?
What does that even mean? What scale?
It means if we cut Dayes on September 1st, there will be at least a dozen guys just as good or better available to pick up.
You need me to explain "NFL scale"? Sound it out.
I can tell you about a ton of former greats that had shitty players.
You think Chubbs is a shitty player? By watching a couple preseason games? OK.
I think he's an outstanding talent and our staff will get the most out of him.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
Nope I think we're watching the same player.
A talented back getting his exposure to the NFL. That's what the preseason is for.
What do you like so much about Matt Dayes?
Zombo
The initial stance and subsequent running bother me. He's simply too high from my vantage point. On top of that his head and eyes seem to be square with his frame - tunnel vision. That hit by Barnett literally pushed him outside of edge contain and forced him out that way. Plus, even for a big man, I could swear he runs very heavy footed.
What do I like about Dayes? Pad level, patience, cutback vision, decisiveness and ability to press defenders in the hole before taking his lane.
-
Cool - So did Reggie Bush compared to Matt Forte'. What's your point here?
My point is that Chubb is a much, much better NFL RB prospect than Dayes.
Reggie Bush had over 9,000 yards in the NFL, I'd take that from Chubb ... So you think Dayes is Matt Forte?
What does that even mean? What scale?
It means if we cut Dayes on September 1st, there will be at least a dozen guys just as good or better available to pick up.
You need me to explain "NFL scale"? Sound it out.
I can tell you about a ton of former greats that had shitty players.
You think Chubbs is a shitty player? By watching a couple preseason games? OK.
I think he's an outstanding talent and our staff will get the most out of him.
Zombo
Zombo said:
My point is that Chubb is a much, much better NFL RB prospect than Dayes.
Reggie Bush had over 9,000 yards in the NFL, I'd take that from Chubb ... So you think Dayes is Matt Forte?
It means if we cut Dayes on September 1st, there will be at least a dozen guys just as good or better available to pick up.
You need me to explain "NFL scale"? Sound it out.
You think Chubbs is a shitty player? By watching a couple preseason games? OK.
I think he's an outstanding talent and our staff will get the most out of him.
Zombo
You have no point, college production means Sheet. You have seen this time and time again.
My pointing out Reggie and Matt was draft position vs production.
I don't think Chubbs is shitty but I don't like what I see this early.
We good now?
-
Zombo said:
My point is that Chubb is a much, much better NFL RB prospect than Dayes.
Reggie Bush had over 9,000 yards in the NFL, I'd take that from Chubb ... So you think Dayes is Matt Forte?
It means if we cut Dayes on September 1st, there will be at least a dozen guys just as good or better available to pick up.
You need me to explain "NFL scale"? Sound it out.
You think Chubbs is a shitty player? By watching a couple preseason games? OK.
I think he's an outstanding talent and our staff will get the most out of him.
Zombo
You have no point, college production means Sheet. You have seen this time and time again.
My pointing out Reggie and Matt was draft position vs production.
I don't think Chubbs is shitty but I don't like what I see this early.
We good now?
You have no point, college production means Sheet. You have seen this time and time again.
My pointing out Reggie and Matt was draft position vs production.
I don't think Chubbs is shitty but I don't like what I see this early.
We good now?
Does bigger and faster mean sheet too?
John Dorsey took one look at the running back room and went out and signed Hyde to a big deal and then spent #35 on stud Chubb ... but fucking Matt Dayes is your #2.
I guess Dorsey and the Browns coaching staff don't know sheet either since they've got Dayes buried fourth on the depth chart.
You keep riding Matthew Dayes to the finish line ... we're real good.
Z
-
You have no point, college production means Sheet. You have seen this time and time again.
My pointing out Reggie and Matt was draft position vs production.
I don't think Chubbs is shitty but I don't like what I see this early.
We good now?
Does bigger and faster mean sheet too?
John Dorsey took one look at the running back room and went out and signed Hyde to a big deal and then spent #35 on stud Chubb ... but fucking Matt Dayes is your #2.
I guess Dorsey and the Browns coaching staff don't know sheet either since they've got Dayes buried fourth on the depth chart.
You keep riding Matthew Dayes to the finish line ... we're real good.
Z
Zombo said:
Does bigger and faster mean sheet too?
John Dorsey took one look at the running back room and went out and signed Hyde to a big deal and then spent #35 on stud Chubb ... but Shmucking Matt Dayes is your #2.
I guess Dorsey and the Browns coaching staff don't know sheet either since they've got Dayes buried fourth on the depth chart.
You keep riding Matthew Dayes to the finish line ... we're real good.
Z
bigger and faster doesn't always = better. Again, you have little point here.
John Dorsey also drafted Mahomes... a QB who is about to throw 20 INT's this year. The man isn't infallible. Also I'm not saying Dayes is a premier back, so I again fail to grasp the point you're trying to argue. As it stands I believe he is a more efficient runner.
Dayes is the 3rd RB depending on how you look at it.
Not riding him to the finish, I just don't like what I've seen from Chubb so far and have some of the film to prove it. His high stance alone contributes to some choppy footwork that is costing him lateral movement as well.
edit: Would like to say that Chubb has had a couple runs that make me go "Ok, that's nice" And some cringe worthy ones as well... the Barnett one last night. That isn't to say he can't get better and doesn't deserve a shot to prove that in time. I just believe he needs some work on the fundamentals and cerebral aspect of the game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
..