Skip to content

Trade for Khalil Mack

The Browns Board
128 29 3.2k
  • This is what you save cap and accumulate picks for. An elite talent in a premium position does not come up for grabs often. 

    Do it before Oakland realise how stupid they are being 

  • Mack and Garrett would be just like Von Miller and Ware for the SB Champs-unstoppable together.

  • just rem he wants 21m. We cant trade for him without a deal in place. But i agree mack and garett.....my god

  • Mack and Garrett would be just like Von Miller and Ware for the SB Champs-unstoppable together.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mack and Garrett would be just like Von Miller and Ware for the SB Champs-unstoppable together.

    prob better. Ware was a good player but he was complimentary to miller. Mack for sure is better than ware and garrett will be better. And when brantley starts coming into his own,  ogunjobi and brant might be one of the best interior dl in football

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Mack and Garrett would be just like Von Miller and Ware for the SB Champs-unstoppable together.

    prob better. Ware was a good player but he was complimentary to miller. Mack for sure is better than ware and garrett will be better. And when brantley starts coming into his own,  ogunjobi and brant might be one of the best interior dl in football

    @clevfan4life said:

    prob better. Ware was a good player but he was complimentary to miller. Mack for sure is better than ware and garrett will be better. And when brantley starts coming into his own,  ogunjobi and brant might be one of the best interior dl in football

    Might be close to that now. They were the only bright spot in the dismal 2017 season. 

  • I don't think the raiders are going to trade him.

    I don't think we need him the defense looks pretty good right now.

    With that said we have depth at some positions where the Raiders need bodies. Ogbah, Jamie Collins, and a mid round pick is the best offer I would give.

  • no to jamie, but if they would take ogbah and our 2nd.....deal as long as he's willing to sign for a little bit less. He's proven himself so something in the upper teens im good with, not 21m tho

  • no to jamie, but if they would take ogbah and our 2nd.....deal as long as he's willing to sign for a little bit less. He's proven himself so something in the upper teens im good with, not 21m tho

    @clevfan4life said:

    no to jamie, but if they would take ogbah and our 2nd.....deal as long as he's willing to sign for a little bit less. He's proven himself so something in the upper teens im good with, not 21m tho

    Have no problem with a trade involving players and or picks, but the price has to be right. Looks like he wants a Suh level cap busting deal.

  • You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

  • You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

  • that's the damn truth at sometime we have to pay are own compared to years past when we just let em walk

  • With Njoku, Peppers, Garrett, Ward and Mayfield- all first rounders, we could afford to send a 1st to the Raiders for Mack. 

    I expect us to be really good this year, Mack would give us that same level of Defense that won Baltimore a Championship. 

    Do it, trade a 1st and 2nd rounder if that what it takes. I wouldn't give up any of our players though. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    I’d be all in on giving a 1st rounder for him. No one we could draft will be better IMO. He’d be the final piece in a terrifying D that’s good for years to come. 

  • We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    If all of those guys are worth big money, we're in great shape. That's with or without Mack.

    You have the opportunity to add talent like that, you're a fool not try.  Mack and Garrett would be absolutely deadly together.

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

  • Yup...

    Khalil is none of those "final pieces" a team adds to make a SB run... and that ain't us... not yet.

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    In 3-4 years it'll be time to move Mack again.  He'll be 30-ish by that point, I believe?