Skip to content

Trade for Khalil Mack

The Browns Board
128 29 3.2k
  • With Njoku, Peppers, Garrett, Ward and Mayfield- all first rounders, we could afford to send a 1st to the Raiders for Mack. 

    I expect us to be really good this year, Mack would give us that same level of Defense that won Baltimore a Championship. 

    Do it, trade a 1st and 2nd rounder if that what it takes. I wouldn't give up any of our players though. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    I’d be all in on giving a 1st rounder for him. No one we could draft will be better IMO. He’d be the final piece in a terrifying D that’s good for years to come. 

  • We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're not going to get Mack for Ogbah and a 2nd unless Raiders ownership has a motherShmucking aneurysm.   

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- if I'm Chuckie, I want a first round pick. Plus probably a player on top of it.   Browns aren't in a position yet to offer that much. Mack would be the final piece of a Super Bowl level puzzle. You have to think down the road a bit too. That cap room is going to disappear in a hurry assuming all goes well. Gordon, Garrett, and Mayfield will all take big money to keep around. 

    If all of those guys are worth big money, we're in great shape. That's with or without Mack.

    You have the opportunity to add talent like that, you're a fool not try.  Mack and Garrett would be absolutely deadly together.

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

  • Yup...

    Khalil is none of those "final pieces" a team adds to make a SB run... and that ain't us... not yet.

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    In 3-4 years it'll be time to move Mack again.  He'll be 30-ish by that point, I believe?

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

    Yes instead of the best defensive players in the draft I wanted at #1 and 4 or a dynamite package deal for more and more........oh the draft how I miss it. 😆

  • We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    And who would this premier LT be?

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

    @the-gipper said:

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

    It's almost staggering how godawful the Browns have been overall in the first round.

    And I'm not talking about #18 overall, or #24th. I'm talking HIGH first rounders. 

  • Hey fellas, long time no post.

    This is one of those things I have said in the past that just is a pet peeve to me.

    "I wouldn't trade x pick for him, look at what we COULD get." True. Could get a great player, or could get Gilbert. Maybe not at 8, but it's not like Gilbert was going to be a low pick, he still would have been a 1st rounder. I did see him as a bust because of his skills, but that is beside the point.

    Mack IS PROVEN. As in Defensive Player of the year proven.

    I am not talking about the guys who are saying something about his salary, even though you get what you pay for, again DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

    I'm talking about people who cover picks more than proven. If Mack were in the past draft with his tape from NFL, it wouldn't have been a question on #1. But but but, the LT from Alabama COULD be good

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    And who would this premier LT be?

    David Edwards, Trey Adams, Greg Little, and Jonah Williams have all been projected in the top 10.

    @the-gipper said:

    And who would this premier LT 

  • Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

  • oak isnt letting him go without a 1st rounder. ogbah isnt going to sweeten that deal. Ogbah and our 1st, yeah they'd take that. Not sure id give it tho. If mack would sign for less tgan 21m...yeah id give it. But we'd part with a 1st rounder AND take on a major cap goat fuk once myles and bake, among others, want paid.

    If mack looked atbour defense and said "i wanna be a part of some historically good sht"...than yeah. Mack might break records that woyld stay fir decades opposite of myles

  • john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

  • john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    @eastsidedawg said:

    john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

  • @eastsidedawg said:

    john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

    @mjp28 said:

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

    the thing i like is he is trying to make a good football team with good football players.  He isnt worried about number crunching and winning contracts/deals.  kendricks is a perfect signing i dont think sashi would have signed him. dorsey seen a chance to make a good LB group potentially great. 

  • Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

    @jcam222 said:

    Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

    1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal? 

    2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.

    3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal

    4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.