Skip to content

Trade for Khalil Mack

The Browns Board
128 29 3.2k
  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

  • Yup...

    Khalil is none of those "final pieces" a team adds to make a SB run... and that ain't us... not yet.

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    In 3-4 years it'll be time to move Mack again.  He'll be 30-ish by that point, I believe?

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Especially if Mayfield actually turns out to be the QB the Browns envisioned when they took him #1 overall. 

    Yes instead of the best defensive players in the draft I wanted at #1 and 4 or a dynamite package deal for more and more........oh the draft how I miss it. 😆

  • We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    And who would this premier LT be?

  • I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'd package Collins in heartbeat, but feel like we had our shot at Mack in 2014... and passed.

    And again... folks here don't seem to get "cap management." Sure we can easily afford $21mm now, but in three years? Four years?

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

    @the-gipper said:

    Uh, yea, we could have picked him....but instead they traded down and went for Justin Gilbert instead at #8.   What an amazing set of dumbasses we have had here picking talent in the past.

    It's almost staggering how godawful the Browns have been overall in the first round.

    And I'm not talking about #18 overall, or #24th. I'm talking HIGH first rounders. 

  • Hey fellas, long time no post.

    This is one of those things I have said in the past that just is a pet peeve to me.

    "I wouldn't trade x pick for him, look at what we COULD get." True. Could get a great player, or could get Gilbert. Maybe not at 8, but it's not like Gilbert was going to be a low pick, he still would have been a 1st rounder. I did see him as a bust because of his skills, but that is beside the point.

    Mack IS PROVEN. As in Defensive Player of the year proven.

    I am not talking about the guys who are saying something about his salary, even though you get what you pay for, again DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

    I'm talking about people who cover picks more than proven. If Mack were in the past draft with his tape from NFL, it wouldn't have been a question on #1. But but but, the LT from Alabama COULD be good

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    We will miss out on one of the premier LT prospects if we trade our 1st, but hopefully Mack will give us enough to make a run in the playoffs so it won't matter. 

    And who would this premier LT be?

    David Edwards, Trey Adams, Greg Little, and Jonah Williams have all been projected in the top 10.

    @the-gipper said:

    And who would this premier LT 

  • Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

  • oak isnt letting him go without a 1st rounder. ogbah isnt going to sweeten that deal. Ogbah and our 1st, yeah they'd take that. Not sure id give it tho. If mack would sign for less tgan 21m...yeah id give it. But we'd part with a 1st rounder AND take on a major cap goat fuk once myles and bake, among others, want paid.

    If mack looked atbour defense and said "i wanna be a part of some historically good sht"...than yeah. Mack might break records that woyld stay fir decades opposite of myles

  • john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

  • john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    @eastsidedawg said:

    john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

  • @eastsidedawg said:

    john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

    @mjp28 said:

    That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.

    the thing i like is he is trying to make a good football team with good football players.  He isnt worried about number crunching and winning contracts/deals.  kendricks is a perfect signing i dont think sashi would have signed him. dorsey seen a chance to make a good LB group potentially great. 

  • Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

    @jcam222 said:

    Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

    1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal? 

    2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.

    3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal

    4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.   

  • john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    @eastsidedawg said:

    john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.

    I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million  contract players.

    The key is improve the team any way possible within reason. It's why we didn't sign Dez Bryant, and also the reason we're not interested in Mack- he's demanding way too much money- which would wreck the cap when some of our studs like Garrett come off their rookie deals. 

  • NO! it will never happen..but I'd bet every nickel you own he's signed before we play Oakland..(they all come back to play us)

  • @jcam222 said:

    Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden? 

    1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal? 

    2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.

    3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal

    4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.   

    @hoorta said:

    1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal? 

    2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.

    3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal

    4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.   

    1) Because he’s 100 times better and would make us elite along with Garrett for the next 4+ years. 2) Doesn’t matter if we are one player away, he’d be around until we contend. Secondly we may contend for playoffs this year 3) agree but a bird in th hand is better than a Mack home on the couch. 4) my bad lol merge away 🙂

  • No...he would possibly make the defense elite. At a very high price to boot. Still gotta outscore the opponent, and he does little to make that happen

  • i was a mack honk before any of u were. Even the great ghoolie missed that one. I was pettine was going to get his star 34 olb'er, but he dropped back and took gilbert. That being said, the price now is too high. We have some young studs we're gonna need money in order to retain. 

    Now if he was willing to come here for ~$15m or so......or if we could frontload some money now so we're good when the young guys come off rookie deals. Maybe