Why was the run defense so bad?
-
he's strong enough to engage/disengage with OL because of his days as a 34 olb'er...but he doesnt get that thise nano seconds of engagement take him out of the play.
Not sure about this... remember he trimmed down significantly in prep for his move inside last season.
Not sure about this... remember he trimmed down significantly in prep for his move inside last season.
it still looks like he has power taking on guards and centers, they certainly dont throw him around if he has his base. But if the play is away from him he's done often cause he allows himself to tangle too much. When he does flow around those attempted blocks the guy makes some pretty eye opening plays behind the los.
I think pgh knew that ur nit gonna get around our defense much, our lb'ers are too fast....so they freeze em by running right at em. Thats when the DL is supppsed to keep OL from the 2nd level. But they come off the ball and as they feel themselving getting released they dont cave in they drift further upfield. Thats a big prob and i susoect a majirvreason why some of those big run plays you saw 2 to 3 steelers OL 5 or more yds deep just swallowing up 2nd level defenders.
really disappointed williams allowed a srrength to possibly become an acute weakness.We needed to keep our interior line as is from last year but should have worked harder at getting a vet LDE. That would gave solved our pressure issue. If u all saw mack last night...dear god, im wondering if we should have landed him afterall. He hasnt lost sht, he's the best def player in the NFL
-
Connor will probably disappear next Sunday... I gotta figure someone will game plan for him.. The Browns certainly did not...
Connor will probably disappear next Sunday... I gotta figure someone will game plan for him.. The Browns certainly did not...
Well, you do have to give credit to the Steelers OL...(who do have 3 Pro Bowl players on that line) .and to their OL coach, Mike Munchak, whom I think may be the best in the business.
In fact, I had been in favor of the Browns hiring him as HC....when they hired Jackson. He had about a .500 record with the Tits, with a pretty lousy team and no QB.
So, I think that any reasonably competent RB could have performed well back there. If they had Carlos Hyde, he could be All Pro because of the blocking he would get.
-
does joe wanna coach?
-
Connor will probably disappear next Sunday... I gotta figure someone will game plan for him.. The Browns certainly did not...
Well, you do have to give credit to the Steelers OL...(who do have 3 Pro Bowl players on that line) .and to their OL coach, Mike Munchak, whom I think may be the best in the business.
In fact, I had been in favor of the Browns hiring him as HC....when they hired Jackson. He had about a .500 record with the Tits, with a pretty lousy team and no QB.
So, I think that any reasonably competent RB could have performed well back there. If they had Carlos Hyde, he could be All Pro because of the blocking he would get.
Well, you do have to give credit to the Steelers OL...(who do have 3 Pro Bowl players on that line) .and to their OL coach, Mike Munchak, whom I think may be the best in the business.
In fact, I had been in favor of the Browns hiring him as HC....when they hired Jackson. He had about a .500 record with the Tits, with a pretty lousy team and no QB.
So, I think that any reasonably competent RB could have performed well back there. If they had Carlos Hyde, he could be All Pro because of the blocking he would get.
Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...
-
Well, you do have to give credit to the Steelers OL...(who do have 3 Pro Bowl players on that line) .and to their OL coach, Mike Munchak, whom I think may be the best in the business.
In fact, I had been in favor of the Browns hiring him as HC....when they hired Jackson. He had about a .500 record with the Tits, with a pretty lousy team and no QB.
So, I think that any reasonably competent RB could have performed well back there. If they had Carlos Hyde, he could be All Pro because of the blocking he would get.
Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...
Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...
i dont think wylie is hues guy. He xame in with dirsey/haley. Im starting to smell a similiar situation to that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember but famously broke up the hillis/vickers combo that obliterated NFL front 7's, cause fullbacks dont matter.
not feeling good
-
Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...
i dont think wylie is hues guy. He xame in with dirsey/haley. Im starting to smell a similiar situation to that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember but famously broke up the hillis/vickers combo that obliterated NFL front 7's, cause fullbacks dont matter.
not feeling good
that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember
That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...
-
Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.
-
-
Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.
Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.
Ingram is suspended...
-
Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.
Ingram is suspended...
-
Walruscunt ?
-
I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?
Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?
-
I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?
Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?
Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?
I left the stoneage of RB protective goggles a couple of years ago. Now I actually wear about a 4 oz. hockey helmet with full face shield that can withstand the much harder force of a hockey puck. Added improvement of far better peripheral vision and can take a hit to the sidewalls (I've inadvertently tested that).
However it does not add to the hard drive which is getting more full every day and leaks capacity. ?
Ironically the guy who now has had 3 concussions from wall encounters played a lot of hockey growing up in Minn., but refuses to get himself one for RB.
-
Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?
-
that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember
That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...
-
yep, thats the very walrucunt i was referring to. I could clearly see his walrus vulva of a face but i could not put a name to it.
Is this the sort of idea you had in mind?

-
Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?
Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?
Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.
-
Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?
Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.
Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.
Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's? I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players. It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in. I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better
-
Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.
Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's? I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players. It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in. I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better
Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's? I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players. It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in. I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better
So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.
-
Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's? I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players. It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in. I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better
So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.
So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.
Well.....let me get this right: The GM and he personnell staff are primarily responsible for talent evaluation and acquisition. And then it is the coach's responsibility to coach/play which of those players he is given.
So, sure, ALL HCs who are not also GMs (in imo, none of them should be) are just coffee fetchers in terms of bringing in talent.
But it is also supposed to be the GMs job to keep his nose out of how the HC conducts the game....and with who, among the players on hand, he does so.
I mean, did we not have our GM Ray Farmer get fined/suspended for sticking his nose in where it did not belong while the game was in progress?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login