5 Observations from "The Tie"
-
You can't make this stuff up:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-gordon-wasnt-supposed-start-week-1-browns-screwed-224644231.html
You can't make this stuff up:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-gordon-wasnt-supposed-start-week-1-browns-screwed-224644231.html
Another Hue Jackson special.
My wife and my daughter now both work with children who are "special". Maybe we can give a family discount to help out Hue.
-
Here is my tale on the tie:
I watched the game with WSS until about the middle of the 3rd qtr. Score was 21-7. But I was feeling really sick (not from the game, but you know, actually ill...WSS can tell you). So I went home and took some drugs and fell asleep, believing that this was just going to be another Browns disaster of a game. But, when I woke up a couple of hours later, I turned on the late game, which was at about halftime.....and the scroll came across that the game ended in a freaking tie! I thought WTF!! I actually was very happy at the outcome. It almost felt like a win to me.
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
-
Here is my tale on the tie:
I watched the game with WSS until about the middle of the 3rd qtr. Score was 21-7. But I was feeling really sick (not from the game, but you know, actually ill...WSS can tell you). So I went home and took some drugs and fell asleep, believing that this was just going to be another Browns disaster of a game. But, when I woke up a couple of hours later, I turned on the late game, which was at about halftime.....and the scroll came across that the game ended in a freaking tie! I thought WTF!! I actually was very happy at the outcome. It almost felt like a win to me.
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
-
Landry was overused (like he was in Miami and didnt equal wins) and our best players on offense Duke and Gordon were underused
Landry was overused (like he was in Miami and didnt equal wins) and our best players on offense Duke and Gordon were underused
Landry was one of the primary reasons we tied the game... Stan commented that Gordon wasn't getting separation most of the game. Even the TD catch involved some pure athleticism to make the catch- he was covered pretty well.
Tyrod is supposed to be the "safe" QB who makes good decisions with the ball, but can also dial up a few passes when needed..
That last drive in regulation, idk what the fuk he was thinking! That INT he threw was costly.. We were going down the field, about to score..
We could of ran some inside slants or comeback routes, but noooo lets let TT throw up a fuking duck like that...
HE was not impressive.. Outside of his ability to run, he is mediocre at best..Mostly in reply to Tour. I didn't feel it was all that windy. But in the 4th quarter the rain really picked up. That pass to Higgins was badly under thrown, another 3-5 yards of air under it, Higgins has a TD. Taylor had a slew of really bad throws besides that one- I hope it was just the conditions. Don't forget Ben had those off target passes that got picked too.
-
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
One man's play infected the whole team that last quarter. Myles Garrett had said before the game that it's the 4th quarter that separates good play from great play. The whole team fed off his 4th Q play.
-
Here is my tale on the tie:
I watched the game with WSS until about the middle of the 3rd qtr. Score was 21-7. But I was feeling really sick (not from the game, but you know, actually ill...WSS can tell you). So I went home and took some drugs and fell asleep, believing that this was just going to be another Browns disaster of a game. But, when I woke up a couple of hours later, I turned on the late game, which was at about halftime.....and the scroll came across that the game ended in a freaking tie! I thought WTF!! I actually was very happy at the outcome. It almost felt like a win to me.
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
Here is my tale on the tie:
I watched the game with WSS until about the middle of the 3rd qtr. Score was 21-7. But I was feeling really sick (not from the game, but you know, actually ill...WSS can tell you). So I went home and took some drugs and fell asleep, believing that this was just going to be another Browns disaster of a game. But, when I woke up a couple of hours later, I turned on the late game, which was at about halftime.....and the scroll came across that the game ended in a freaking tie! I thought WTF!! I actually was very happy at the outcome. It almost felt like a win to me.
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
I well remember napping off for a good portion of the Bills- Houston playoff game when down (OK, I had to look- 28-3 at halftime) Frank Reich pulled off the greatest comeback in NFL history. Woke up in the 4th quarter and holy sh-it, the Bills have a chance.
-
So, look at it from that perspective: if you had fallen asleep believing they were going to get another butt stomping, but you find the game ends in a tie when you wake up.....you would feel pretty good. Only after I saw the highlights etc. and saw how they should have won the game was that tempered a bit, but not much.
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
-
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
Well if the Browns lose next Sunday.. I won't be surprised if the wheels start spinning and the countdown on Hue's inevitable ouster begins... Because what I saw out there still looks unorganized...
-
That's how I feel. At 21-7 I figured it was pretty much over and was ready to switch over to the red zone channel and watch some good football and forget about the Browns game but I stayed with it and although, yes the Browns should've won in OT (got to make that kick), the Squeelers should've won the game before that (he's got to make that kick too) so all in all, it's not a loss and I was impressed by the comeback and the fact that the defense held them to 21. At 21-7, I wouldn't have been shocked to see the game end up 37-14 or some other such blowout score. Saints this week and the Jets the next will show a lot more to me about how good or bad this team is or can be this season. Remember last opening day, the game with Pittspuke was close as well and that didn't exactly translate into a successful season.
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
I agree. Saints offense is still great but man that defense blows. 48 to the Bucs?? That's just not good at all.
-
We would have won the game without all the offsides and procedure penalties. Thankscoach!
We would have won the game without all the offsides and procedure penalties. Thankscoach!
Can you remind me on which play Hue was called offsides?? Perhaps the rain was in my eyes......
-
We'll have a better idea where the Browns are this coming Sunday Mark. Indoor conditions- and the Saints are going to be in a foul mood blowing that game to the Bucs. As one guy commented- at least 25% of the Survivor pools got blown up after that upset.
Well if the Browns lose next Sunday.. I won't be surprised if the wheels start spinning and the countdown on Hue's inevitable ouster begins... Because what I saw out there still looks unorganized...
Well if the Browns lose next Sunday.. I won't be surprised if the wheels start spinning and the countdown on Hue's inevitable ouster begins... Because what I saw out there still looks unorganized...
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
-
Well if the Browns lose next Sunday.. I won't be surprised if the wheels start spinning and the countdown on Hue's inevitable ouster begins... Because what I saw out there still looks unorganized...
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
Just can't hardly wait for the return of Ghoolie after his time out. Black Tarkenton indeed. He may have trouble seeing the field (Stan said he missed seeing a lot of guys that were wide open). Therefore, holds on to the ball too long, and has to use his feet to bail out of trouble when the pocket collapses. But put the blame on the o-line for some of his running, they weren't exactly giving him a lot of time, giving up seven sacks.
Any of his posts referring to Garrett as a Zumba instructor are gonna get deleted. Myles played like the #1 overall pick in the draft yesterday. Some of those holding calls the Steelers racked up were due to that's the only way they were stopping Myles. BTW, the reffing sucked in that game- should have been a PI in the end zone earlier. Gordon had his guy beat, and the Pittsburgh defender essentially had Flash in a headlock- no call.
-
Well if the Browns lose next Sunday.. I won't be surprised if the wheels start spinning and the countdown on Hue's inevitable ouster begins... Because what I saw out there still looks unorganized...
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
No argument.. However.. This is year 3 under Hue's stewardship.. I see no improvement by way of penalties.. This to me is a clear indicator Hue lacks discipline and leadership... I understand that he's not out there playing.. But this is uncalled for and unacceptable.... Somewhere down the line there has to be accountability.. So far Hue has been nothing but a back stabbing , caniving fool who loves to pass the blame...
-
I will be honest. Even if we had won this game in OT like we should have, this game would have left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. The win would have lessened it, but it would still be there. Here are my observations.
1. Defense sucked other than the turnover game.. You cannot build a good defense on the hope you strip a ball or snag an INT. A rookie RB ran through us like butter yet again. God only knows if they would have burned us in the long game if it weren't raining.. It was an exciting defense, but they better address it fast. I cannot stand to watch another year of people running through us like a sieve.
More to come.
I will be honest. Even if we had won this game in OT like we should have, this game would have left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. The win would have lessened it, but it would still be there. Here are my observations.
1. Defense sucked other than the turnover game.. You cannot build a good defense on the hope you strip a ball or snag an INT. A rookie RB ran through us like butter yet again. God only knows if they would have burned us in the long game if it weren't raining.. It was an exciting defense, but they better address it fast. I cannot stand to watch another year of people running through us like a sieve.
More to come.
Like I've said over and over, it's not the RB. It's the Steelers Oline. Doesn't matter if Leveon or Conner is in the game. Or their 3rd string RB.
-
2. Offensive play calling sucked butt yet again. It's like last year all over again. Conservative when you should take risks, inexplicable risks when you should be conservative. Shmucking delayed hand offs and screen plays that went nowhere.. Overall the playcalling was predictable and infuriating.
3. Special teams sucked.. I am a Michigan fan through and through, but it might be time to admit Peppers has no place on this team. It was inexcusable of him to kneel on the 40 yard line with no one within 25 yards. Had he returned it even just 15 or 20 yards, the whole dynamic of that last drive changes. The whole game he was standing off the line like he was defending a punt return or something... Blocked field goal, nearly ever special teams play resulted in a flag on either us or them..
The whole game was sloppy and painful to watch. Because they showed so much grit in coming back, they have earned me watching one more game next sunday.. I literally tore my jersey off and was getting ready to chuck it in the trash when Conner fumbled and started that whole Shmucked up series of events....
We didn't deserve that tie based on our play.. It was pure luck and grit that got us there instead of steady and dominant play from play 1 of the 1st quarter.
I AM SICK OF NOT DOMINATING GAMES... We deserve better.
BobPound!
2. Offensive play calling sucked butt yet again. It's like last year all over again. Conservative when you should take risks, inexplicable risks when you should be conservative. Shmucking delayed hand offs and screen plays that went nowhere.. Overall the playcalling was predictable and infuriating.
3. Special teams sucked.. I am a Michigan fan through and through, but it might be time to admit Peppers has no place on this team. It was inexcusable of him to kneel on the 40 yard line with no one within 25 yards. Had he returned it even just 15 or 20 yards, the whole dynamic of that last drive changes. The whole game he was standing off the line like he was defending a punt return or something... Blocked field goal, nearly ever special teams play resulted in a flag on either us or them..
You should be thankful that peppers got the turnover off Conners and took it to the 1yd line for our TD.
-
2. Offensive play calling sucked butt yet again. It's like last year all over again. Conservative when you should take risks, inexplicable risks when you should be conservative. Shmucking delayed hand offs and screen plays that went nowhere.. Overall the playcalling was predictable and infuriating.
3. Special teams sucked.. I am a Michigan fan through and through, but it might be time to admit Peppers has no place on this team. It was inexcusable of him to kneel on the 40 yard line with no one within 25 yards. Had he returned it even just 15 or 20 yards, the whole dynamic of that last drive changes. The whole game he was standing off the line like he was defending a punt return or something... Blocked field goal, nearly ever special teams play resulted in a flag on either us or them..
The whole game was sloppy and painful to watch. Because they showed so much grit in coming back, they have earned me watching one more game next sunday.. I literally tore my jersey off and was getting ready to chuck it in the trash when Conner fumbled and started that whole Shmucked up series of events....
We didn't deserve that tie based on our play.. It was pure luck and grit that got us there instead of steady and dominant play from play 1 of the 1st quarter.
I AM SICK OF NOT DOMINATING GAMES... We deserve better.
BobPound!
Bottom line ---Steelers handed game to us on a silver platter---"Take it, we don't want it!"--and we Brownsed it up.
Once again--stop me if you've heard this one---undisciplined play---two procedure calls IN A ROW turn 3rd and 3 into 'Punt team, you're up'. Stop Steelers on 3rd down in red zone but surprise! stupid-butt penalty gives them a first down. At the end of OT Schobert runs interception inside the 5 but surprise! stupid, unneccesary penalty brings it back.
Hue says they have to clean up the mistakes, but this is the same shite we've watched for the last 10 years. Stupid, unneccesary penalties at crucial times continuously negate any positive play on the field.
Also, for the last 2 weeks I've heard about how our revamped receiving corps was going to take advantage of a weak Steeler secondary. But all day I hear the announcers saying over and over about how no one was getting open.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Bottom line ---Steelers handed game to us on a silver platter---"Take it, we don't want it!"--and we Brownsed it up.
I"m so sick of hearing the "Brownsed it up" talk. You sound a lot like the media. We should be looking at this as a growing team. You have to creep before you crawl and we still have the youngest team in the NFL. First time in 13 years we didn't lose the first game and you guys are still whining. I'll take the tie and move on to the Saints.
-
You can't make this stuff up:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-gordon-wasnt-supposed-start-week-1-browns-screwed-224644231.html
You can't make this stuff up:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-gordon-wasnt-supposed-start-week-1-browns-screwed-224644231.html
Something aint right here. Haley had to hear hue say gordon isnt starting for over a week.
And are the first 10 plays scripted??? Shouldnt this have been known ahead of time?
Hue sounded confused post game. There is a bigger story here.
Also...up until 7 minutes left in the game...it looked alot like last year.
More I think about it...more confused I get.
And is it me or does hue always have that dumb confused squinty look on his face after every flag or bad play?
-
A big problem I have with Taylor is he can't throw the deep out ,let alone hit the broad side of a garage.. If a QB can't hit the deep out.. I have no use for him...
Agree with those above commenting on TT's lack of comfort in pocket. Yes, the OL did little to give him comfort, but he had "happy-feet" very early.
A big problem I have with Taylor is he can't throw the deep out ,let alone hit the broad side of a garage.. If a QB can't hit the deep out.. I have no use for him...
Agree... TT is simply a medium armed QB... kinda Hoyer-esque... and the conditions magnified his lack of a strong arm.
-
For sure, but the other countdown will probably on TTs time as a starting QB.
I mean, yes, conditions were bad, but 15/40 is only 37.5%....and it not like he was taking a ton of chances downfield in this rain. If not for being a Black Tarkenton and running a lot, he would have been considered to have had a disastrous day.
Fair to say?
Just can't hardly wait for the return of Ghoolie after his time out. Black Tarkenton indeed. He may have trouble seeing the field (Stan said he missed seeing a lot of guys that were wide open). Therefore, holds on to the ball too long, and has to use his feet to bail out of trouble when the pocket collapses. But put the blame on the o-line for some of his running, they weren't exactly giving him a lot of time, giving up seven sacks.
Any of his posts referring to Garrett as a Zumba instructor are gonna get deleted. Myles played like the #1 overall pick in the draft yesterday. Some of those holding calls the Steelers racked up were due to that's the only way they were stopping Myles. BTW, the reffing sucked in that game- should have been a PI in the end zone earlier. Gordon had his guy beat, and the Pittsburgh defender essentially had Flash in a headlock- no call.
Just can't hardly wait for the return of Ghoolie after his time out. Black Tarkenton indeed. He may have trouble seeing the field (Stan said he missed seeing a lot of guys that were wide open). Therefore, holds on to the ball too long, and has to use his feet to bail out of trouble when the pocket collapses. But put the blame on the o-line for some of his running, they weren't exactly giving him a lot of time, giving up seven sacks.
Any of his posts referring to Garrett as a Zumba instructor are gonna get deleted. Myles played like the #1 overall pick in the draft yesterday. Some of those holding calls the Steelers racked up were due to that's the only way they were stopping Myles. BTW, the reffing sucked in that game- should have been a PI in the end zone earlier. Gordon had his guy beat, and the Pittsburgh defender essentially had Flash in a headlock- no call.
There were missed calls on both sides and bad calls on both sides. The influx of personal foul penalties are going to have us all pulling our hair out.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login