Skip to content

Baker time

The Browns Board
52 29 2.0k
  • Mahomes sat...and sat to awesome results.

    Baker mayfield needs to sit.

    Tyrod did not lose us the game yesterday.

    @kvoethe said:

    Mahomes sat...and sat to awesome results.

    Baker mayfield needs to sit.

    Tyrod did not lose us the game yesterday.

    YES! Nor did he lose game 1. The Cleveland Browns have between a zero and minus 32 chance to even get any shot at the 2018 playoffs why in the world would anybody want to rush another rookie into a starting QB job in the NFL only the hardest job in all of professional team sports. Didn't we lean anything from 2017?

    Don't worry QB spot #30 will come soon enough like in one injury -but- hopefully that it a long time away yet.

  • I would rather see Bake go through an Aaron Rodgers / Steve Young* development than get hammered for no reason a la Joey Harrington or Sam Bradford. 

    Browns are a gnats-butt from being 2-0 and the defense is playing lights-out.  Win some games this year, get experience at winning as a team with TT for now.

    There's time to bolster the O-line and prepare for the prepared Baker to go out and make a playoff run.    

    *HOF QBs

    @johnnycakeridge said:

    I would rather see Bake go through an Aaron Rodgers / Steve Young* development than get hammered for no reason a la Joey Harrington or Sam Bradford. 

    Browns are a gnats-butt from being 2-0 and the defense is playing lights-out.  Win some games this year, get experience at winning as a team with TT for now.

    There's time to bolster the O-line and prepare for the prepared Baker to go out and make a playoff run.    

    *HOF QBs

    Welcome to the board, and good points.

    I’m a big Baker guy myself, but have no qualms setting the table properly before he takes a seat.

    Need the forks aligned properly, spoons and knives, bowls and cups and such, so that he can simply sit down, put a napkin on his lap, and Feast away.

  • Mahomes sat...and sat to awesome results.

    Baker mayfield needs to sit.

    Tyrod did not lose us the game yesterday.

    @kvoethe said:

    Mahomes sat...and sat to awesome results. Baker mayfield needs to sit. Tyrod did not lose us the game yesterday.

    Wouldn't hurt if TT posted a career year as Alex Smith did in front of Mahommes last season... just sayin'...

    @calfoxwc said:

    and obviously well established Mitchell Swartz sp? at RT....

    The name is: Schwartz...

    It was nice watching him collapse the left side of the Steeler DL once when KC was trying to run out the clock late in the game. He looks huge now...

  • Tyrod fukin blows...

    But at least he's better than Kizer.. 

    If he can't lead the offense this Thursday cut the chord on him... Throw in Baker

  • We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

    What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

    My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

  • We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

    What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

    My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

    @canton-dawg said:

    We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

    What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

    My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

  • It's not time to put Baker in.  Tyrod played better this past week.  Let Baker wait some more.  Remember, the offensive supporting cast around the QB has taken a hit at WR with past 1st and 2nd round picks proving worthless.

  • I would not play Mayfield until the running game improves.  If you can’t run the ball Baker will be running for his life.

  • Dunno, darren... Allen had some moments yesterday. I think they have their guy.

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    @tour2ma said:

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

  • I thought steelers had the dumbest fans...then I read some if this baker...gordon stuff and get concerned.

  • It doesn’t help when OC calls a reverse when we were up by 2 points with about 6 minutes left and trying to put together a nice drive to kill the clock out.

    That shows no confidence in Tyrod. I was so mad, 2nd and 18 after that..

    The other time the reverse to Callaway worked and setup the Hyde touchdown, but after that let the players play, coach!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

    What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

    My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    @mjp28 said:

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

  • We have terrible rushing stats.....and half of THEM came from Tyrod.  

    Tyrod will be injured soon enough and then you can have Baker play.

  • When baker gets his chance,  I really think he'll be good.  The Ohio state game was what initially made me a believer.  You just got nervous he'd make plays when they needed to.  That's prob the same way everyone felt about Brees yesterday.  

    And I hope Mahomes crushing it right now shuts up the "you gotta play them immediately!" crowd.  sitting certainly Worked for Goff, Jimmy G,  and mahomes. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

    @columbusking said:

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

    You and me both, but here I am. I saw in Preseason Game 4 that Baker's command of the O is way ahead of where I thought he'd be.

    His arm and touch and ocket awareness are all superior to TT's and he's shown he will run smart when he runs... something TT did not do a couple times Sunday.

    Then there's the "it" factor. Baker has it... TT doesn't. Plus I think the kid's psyche is bulletproof. Even if things go badly, I think he can handle it.

    Lastly... our OL looked functional Sunday. Good enough to give Baker a chance.

  • Tyrod took the bills to the playoffs last year also while getting benched for Nathan peterman for a game. 

    Cmon man. I think he’s got some “it” factor after bouncing back from and int to throw a perfect strike to Callaway. 

    Baker is good and probably better then TT, and he’s gonna get his chance. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

    And remember that they are still a rebuilding team coming off of a miserable 1-31 and 0-16 season(s), patience guys still a PK, WR help and a few pieces from a AFCN competing team.

    GO BROWNS 2019! 0-1-1 isn't going to make 2018 look so good......even though we know that they are improving. 

  • Many of us, if not ALL of us, were terrified of our special teams before the season started.  We were awful last year, we brought in a new coach who NEVER appeared to have good special teams, and guess what?  We're awful again.  Tyrod can win you a fair amount of games, he's shown that over his career.  But he can only DO THAT if he has competent special teams.  Every FG counts with Tyrod, every point matters, every yard of field position.  Tyrod isn't going to win in a blowout fashion, it's just NOT going to happen.  Since we DON'T have good special teams, we're either going to have to be content with losing a bunch of games (if not ALL of them...again), or put Baker into the game in hopes that he's somehow ready to go.  No matter what, he's still a rookie.  He's GOING to make rookie mistakes.  Can he score enough points to overcome that?  Don't know.  I'd seriously DOUBT it.  Has it happened before in the NFL?  Sure, I can think of a few instances.  Has it happened FOR US?  

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  • "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

  • "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    @tour2ma said:

    "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?  His unit was completely out of its depth, and we lost a number of games due to special teams failure.  How much was his fault?  It's really tough to say.  Obviously he didn't have the best talent, but still...we were BAD, ya know?

    I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.