Skip to content

John Dorsey

The Browns Board
105 34 3.1k 1
  • Zombo said:

    Well, Chubb has actually seen the field every game so far and has 7 carries for 41 yards, 5.9 per carry.

    Hyde was brought in to be the bellcow. Duke was extended to be the third down back.

    Chubb's role right now is to be the backup ball carrier, and he'll see the field more when he gets better in protection.

    I don't think he was doing a lot of blocking at Georgia, if that work on the blocked punt was any indication.

    He looks like he's going to be a good back, runs hard, I have no problem with this pick.

    Corbett pick ... OK. He seemed to be picked a tad high, didn't project to our biggest need at the time (LT) and hasn't beaten anybody out yet. Panic button? No because we have three strong starters inside and Corbett will be ready to replace whoever's contract they want to get rid of first, or whoever gets injured. I'm not going to lose sleep because he didn't crack the lineup the first year.

    You can balance second rounder on the bench with udfa looking like he may hold down LT for some time.

    So Pick#1 Mayfield: Has the feel of a franchise QB. Boom.

    #4 Ward: Home Run.

    #33 Corbett. Backup interior lineman at this point.

    #35 Chubb Promising RB needs to hone blocking skills

    #67 Chad Thomas Has seen action last two games, feels like a project

    #105 Antonio Callaway: Starting, looks like speed burner we need

    #150 Genard Avery: Better than could be expected, contributing right away,

    So of the Top 7 picks, it looks like he knocked four out of the park, with 3 "we'll sees".

    That would be the most promising Cleveland Browns draft of my lifetime.

    Zombo

    Yep all fair points. Avery definitely looks a steal. I just don’t think a 1-31 team should draft back ups at 33 and 35. We already had Hyde when we drafted Chubb. 

    Anyway might be worth closing this thread. I don’t wanna cause any grief. But for the record I’ve never met Sashi Brown and he isn’t my boyfriend yet ?

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep all fair points. Avery definitely looks a steal. I just don’t think a 1-31 team should draft back ups at 33 and 35. We already had Hyde when we drafted Chubb. 

    Anyway might be worth closing this thread. I don’t wanna cause any grief. But for the record I’ve never met Sashi Brown and he isn’t my boyfriend yet ?

    It's all good dude. I just think the timing of criticizing Dorsey was awful. I understand you were frustrated the the Browns were down, but there's no reason to crucify Dorsey yet. Time will tell how he does, and I believe he's doing well for now. That being said, we're all Browns fans and we're headed in the right direction so there's no reason we should be fighting or arguing about the past when the future is looking bright.

  • Dorsey's first round picks since 2013

    ERIC FISHER

    DEE FORD

    MARCUS PETERS

    PAT MAHOMES

    BAKER MAYFIELD

    DENZEL WARD

  • Also how can a 1-31 team spend pick 35 on a RB you’ve no intention of playing. Bad bad decision and you can add Corbett at 33 as well 

    @londonbrown said:

    Also how can a 1-31 team spend pick 35 on a RB you’ve no intention of playing. Bad bad decision and you can add Corbett at 33 as well 

    It's called depth, and looking to the future LB. Just had a talk with Flugels and the reason Chubb isn't playing more is because his blocking skills (blitz pickup) are a work in progress. If you missed it, the reason the punt got blocked was because Chubb essentially missed his block on that play. 

    @comeonman said:

    I know it’s way early, but it looks like #s 1 and 4 could go down in CLE history..... 

    And Ward's a Cleveland guy on top of that.  🙂  

    @londonbrown said:

    I like some things Sashi did. I understood why he was doing it. 

    That has nothing to do with our picks at 33 and 35 not seeing the field for god sake. 

    LB, no one hits 100% on every pick in the draft. At least it looks like those picks probably aren't total stiffs, or would you rather have us draft guys like Cam Erving instead? 

    This isn't to bang on Sashi- but I will point it out- that one draft the Browns kept everyone of their draft picks on the roster when it was painfully obvious he let more talented player walk. His tank job of accumulating picks to get the #1 overall worked to perfection. That the Texans got Watson hurt and gifted us Denzel Ward was icing on the cake. 

  • Dorsey's first round picks since 2013

    ERIC FISHER

    DEE FORD

    MARCUS PETERS

    PAT MAHOMES

    BAKER MAYFIELD

    DENZEL WARD

    @darren15 said:

    Dorsey's first round picks since 2013

    • ERIC FISHER
    • DEE FORD
    • MARCUS PETERS
    • PAT MAHOMES
    • BAKER MAYFIELD
    • DENZEL WARD

    Well... he's getting better with practice.

  • In other news, the Browns won..... carry on. 🥷

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm not the one arguing... and you got nothing except Dutch's attempted read into the mind of the OP. However, since mind-reading is apparently evidence I want to play, too...

    Until you read Dutch's comment, the first to mention Sashi, that name never occurred to you.

    You're not arguing now?  ? Okay, you're just imitating a nervous Yorkshire Terrier trying to find an ankle to bite.  Got it...

    You wouldn't need to mind read if you just read what's in front of you.  It's not that complicated.  My first reply in this thread was to the very first post like the cut and paste clearly illustrates.   This is just another example of see subject heading - read original post - reply.  Very nice try with pretending Dutch posted first though...  And if anyone needs your lessons that Dorsey and Sashi weren't doing the same things - the guy you might want to set straight is LB not those (plural) replying to his ill-timed pout.

    Regulars in here know guys like Taco and LB are always whining about Dorsey's decisions. And in LB's case - has he really kept his frustration about Sashi getting fired a secret?  This was the first time I ever responded to him about it; because his timing to unload asss hurt took place in our first win since Christmas Eve of 2016.  If you noticed, 2 of the decisions (Landry and Hyde) he fussed about made significant contributions to the win.  The other guy he went after made the team while Brock Ostrich got paid 16 million $ for his inability to make the team.  If we compare the QB room this year to the one last year - which one wins?  We were 0-16 last year so like I replied to the OP - GREAT TIMING!

    @flugel said:

    You're not arguing now?  ? Okay, you're just imitating a nervous Yorkshire Terrier trying to find an ankle to bite.  Got it...

    You wouldn't need to mind read if you just read what's in front of you.  It's not that complicated.  My first reply in this thread was to the very first post like the cut and paste clearly illustrates.   This is just another example of see subject heading - read original post - reply.  Very nice try with pretending Dutch posted first though...  And if anyone needs your lessons that Dorsey and Sashi weren't doing the same things - the guy you might want to set straight is LB not those (plural) replying to his ill-timed pout.

    Regulars in here know guys like Taco and LB are always whining about Dorsey's decisions. And in LB's case - has he really kept his frustration about Sashi getting fired a secret?  This was the first time I ever responded to him about it; because his timing to unload asss hurt took place in our first win since Christmas Eve of 2016.  If you noticed, 2 of the decisions (Landry and Hyde) he fussed about made significant contributions to the win.  The other guy he went after made the team while Brock Ostrich got paid 16 million $ for his inability to make the team.  If we compare the QB room this year to the one last year - which one wins?  We were 0-16 last year so like I replied to the OP - GREAT TIMING!

    @flugel said:

    FACTS?  Allow me.

    First, I replied to LB's original post (not you).  Then you replied to me with disapproval and accused me of wanting to argue with you.   That's where your little FACT train went flying way off the tracks so you might want to follow your own advice before giving it. Moral of the story, if you just minded your own business we wouldn't be having this discussion.  If I wanted to argue with you I would have initiated the process. FACT!  You're the only one with a strange need to pretend LB hasn't spent all year crying about Sashi getting fired.  When he's attacking John Dorsey for his sour grapes in a win - you're going to see the inventory of responses page 1 showed us that thought the timing of it all was very strange convenient for you and him or not.  FACT! 

    I posted something on page 2 before I read your first reply to me. It's the very next post in sequence.  I said I understood why Sashi had fans and I even said I felt LB was a passionate fan. Maybe if you read it and in the context it was presented in - you might not be looking like Bart Simpson complaining about Eddie Haskell's behavior.

    You were the "2nd man in".

    Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

    You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

    I called you on it.

    Now type a full page reply telling me how I am wrong, Beaver...

  • Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

  • @flugel said:

    You're not arguing now?  ? Okay, you're just imitating a nervous Yorkshire Terrier trying to find an ankle to bite.  Got it...

    You wouldn't need to mind read if you just read what's in front of you.  It's not that complicated.  My first reply in this thread was to the very first post like the cut and paste clearly illustrates.   This is just another example of see subject heading - read original post - reply.  Very nice try with pretending Dutch posted first though...  And if anyone needs your lessons that Dorsey and Sashi weren't doing the same things - the guy you might want to set straight is LB not those (plural) replying to his ill-timed pout.

    Regulars in here know guys like Taco and LB are always whining about Dorsey's decisions. And in LB's case - has he really kept his frustration about Sashi getting fired a secret?  This was the first time I ever responded to him about it; because his timing to unload asss hurt took place in our first win since Christmas Eve of 2016.  If you noticed, 2 of the decisions (Landry and Hyde) he fussed about made significant contributions to the win.  The other guy he went after made the team while Brock Ostrich got paid 16 million $ for his inability to make the team.  If we compare the QB room this year to the one last year - which one wins?  We were 0-16 last year so like I replied to the OP - GREAT TIMING!

    @flugel said:

    FACTS?  Allow me.

    First, I replied to LB's original post (not you).  Then you replied to me with disapproval and accused me of wanting to argue with you.   That's where your little FACT train went flying way off the tracks so you might want to follow your own advice before giving it. Moral of the story, if you just minded your own business we wouldn't be having this discussion.  If I wanted to argue with you I would have initiated the process. FACT!  You're the only one with a strange need to pretend LB hasn't spent all year crying about Sashi getting fired.  When he's attacking John Dorsey for his sour grapes in a win - you're going to see the inventory of responses page 1 showed us that thought the timing of it all was very strange convenient for you and him or not.  FACT! 

    I posted something on page 2 before I read your first reply to me. It's the very next post in sequence.  I said I understood why Sashi had fans and I even said I felt LB was a passionate fan. Maybe if you read it and in the context it was presented in - you might not be looking like Bart Simpson complaining about Eddie Haskell's behavior.

    You were the "2nd man in".

    Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

    You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

    I called you on it.

    Now type a full page reply telling me how I am wrong, Beaver...

    @tour2ma said:

    You were the "2nd man in".

    Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

    You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

    I called you on it.

    You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

    Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

  • @tour2ma said:

    You were the "2nd man in".

    Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

    You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

    I called you on it.

    You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

    Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

    @flugel said:

    but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.

    Don't type angry!

  • Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

    @gumby73 said:

    Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

    Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

    It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

    Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

    Now we have a true organization, Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

  • @gumby73 said:

    Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

    Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

    It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

    Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

    Now we have a true organization, Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

    Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

    It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

    Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

    Now we have a true organization, Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

    It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

    Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

    Now we have a true organization. Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    I agree Zombo.

    They have been competitive in every game so far. They have alot of fight, and it seems like they are buying into the coaches.
     

    Can't wait to see how they look, well rested, against the Raiders.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You were the "2nd man in".

    Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

    You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

    I called you on it.

    You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

    Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

    @flugel said:

    You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

    Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

    SOP

  • Zombo said:

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

    Yes, maybe the Raiders can have 20 years of misery and become the new  less than lovable losers....after all, apparently when they move to Vegas they are going to be bringing a few  "ex Browns fans".....Ghoolie and others, with them.

    Would serve them right.  Go jump on the Raiders tits when they go into an extreme losing period.  (Giving away their best player?)

    And then when the Browns can be pre-eminent  again, we can tell them:   no room on this train for FRAKs.

  • What countless rants have I done about Dorsey?? 

    That is just patently not true. 

  • Zombo said:

    Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

    Zombo

    And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

    Jon's off to a great start, trading his best defensive player. Reports of internal turmoil are heartwarming.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, maybe the Raiders can have 20 years of misery and become the new  less than lovable losers....after all, apparently when they move to Vegas they are going to be bringing a few  "ex Browns fans".....Ghoolie and others, with them.

    Would serve them right.  Go jump on the Raiders tits when they go into an extreme losing period.  (Giving away their best player?)

    And then when the Browns can be pre-eminent  again, we can tell them:   no room on this train for FRAKs.

    The rovin' Raiders. No loyalty to their fans- except those gang guys with "brand loyalty" or city. The Davises follow the money like a rabbit chasing a carrot. A perfect team for Trollie to follow. If he fraks out and starts glomming on the Browns when they're winning, it's even more disgusting.